Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

No Nate to Bellator!

Go down 
+3
bobbitt15
killerofchicken
corydd7
7 posters
AuthorMessage
corydd7
Green Belt
Green Belt
corydd7

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the name Silva, Chris Leben, Nick Diaz, Don Frye

No Nate to Bellator! Empty
PostSubject: No Nate to Bellator!   No Nate to Bellator! EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 6:14 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=Ag2Jd2.8Ra1Qz97mh2BfPrE9Eo14?slug=mmajunkie-Bjorn_Rebney_Nate_Marquardt_Bellator

I dont think anybody put this up yet. Where the fuck is he going to fight? Shark fights? Japan? Sucks for him but he did it to himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Nate to Bellator!   No Nate to Bellator! EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 7:01 pm

I wonder if Zuffa would allow Steve Coker to pursue Nate for Strikeforce ?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: No Nate to Bellator!   No Nate to Bellator! EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 11:01 pm

Ali wrote:

Er? Scott Coker lol

but im kinda stunned that they haven't singed him yet... him vs Lombard is the best match they can put up in the MW division imo
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: No Nate to Bellator!   No Nate to Bellator! EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 12:50 am

Ali wrote:

Coker has no power anymore. He doesn't run anything
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: No Nate to Bellator!   No Nate to Bellator! EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 1:04 am

sad but true on scotty

as for nate, im sure he is hoping this blows over after a couple non shenanigan fights outside the ufc...so no multi fight deals for him. If he's not back in the UFC before his next fight, it will be somewhere that involves little to no commitment for more than a fight. MFC for example, or maybe Shark Fights. You don't get that with Bellator..if he signs with Bellator he probably spends the rest of his good days or prime with them depending on if they stay afloat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Nate to Bellator!   No Nate to Bellator! EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 1:13 pm

lol yeah Scott not Steve.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: No Nate to Bellator!   No Nate to Bellator! EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 1:50 pm

Do people just say Coker has no power cause it's kewl to say? I don't remember anyone saying Reed Harris has no power. Do you guys realize how fucking busy Dana White is with just the UFC? Like he'd have time to run a second fight promotion...

Even during the most heated days of the rivalry the UFC kissed Coker's ass personally and as a promoter for a reason.

Even if the UFC has power to say "No Nate" to Coker, I don't see the point in hyperbole about how Coker's salary is just paid out to a figure head. Especially when it makes no fucking sense. We're educated fans here guys. Maybe act like it?

Real talk.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: No Nate to Bellator!   No Nate to Bellator! EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 1:52 pm

I will say this, at SF Overeem vs Werdum I saw Scott walking around running the show and shit so i think thats what Dana means by business as usual
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: No Nate to Bellator!   No Nate to Bellator! EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 4:36 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Do people just say Coker has no power cause it's kewl to say? I don't remember anyone saying Reed Harris has no power. Do you guys realize how fucking busy Dana White is with just the UFC? Like he'd have time to run a second fight promotion...

Even during the most heated days of the rivalry the UFC kissed Coker's ass personally and as a promoter for a reason.

Even if the UFC has power to say "No Nate" to Coker, I don't see the point in hyperbole about how Coker's salary is just paid out to a figure head. Especially when it makes no fucking sense. We're educated fans here guys. Maybe act like it?

Real talk.

I said Reed Harris had no power all the time.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: No Nate to Bellator!   No Nate to Bellator! EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 4:44 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
I will say this, at SF Overeem vs Werdum I saw Scott walking around running the show and shit so i think thats what Dana means by business as usual

yeah, of course he's running the shows and the day to day operations. was not saying he didnt even do that. It's his job and he can very well go out and sign nate...UNLESS the UFC is against it. I don't buy that whole independent promoter shit where Strikeforce can negotiate with guys the UFC wants or go against one of their decisions to oust a guy for ruining a main event.

If UFC had bought SF a few months before...Paul Daley and Josh Barnett would not be in SF. If the UFC didnt want Marquardt involved in Zuffa at all after he sabatoged the VS. main event...then SF won't sign him because they definetly can't or they feel like they can't. If not, they probably will but i figured we would have heard of them atleast having talks if Marquardt.

I believed contracts would be honored and all that, but when Dana said "business as usual" when it comes to what fighters SF can go after..i didnt buy it.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: No Nate to Bellator!   No Nate to Bellator! EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 10:40 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Real talk.

I said Reed Harris had no power all the time.

How am I having this discussion with someone like KingsOwn. Can't win em all I guess. Strikeout.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: No Nate to Bellator!   No Nate to Bellator! EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 10:41 pm

Oh, you're talking about not buying that business as usual stuff. Welcome to day one of the merger broham.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: No Nate to Bellator!   No Nate to Bellator! EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 2:57 pm

Jordan Breen wrote:
I want to end something right now: can we stop talking about Scott Coker with respect to making Strikeforce decisions? He's a figurehead now, just another Reed Harris. Sean Shelby and Peter Dropick now run this company.

Last edited by bobbitt15 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: No Nate to Bellator!   No Nate to Bellator! EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 2:59 pm

Is that a quote from Nate?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: No Nate to Bellator!   No Nate to Bellator! EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 3:00 pm

no, my bad i'll edit
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: No Nate to Bellator!   No Nate to Bellator! EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 3:01 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
no, my bad i'll edit
Right after I posted I figured it wasn't from Nate. But thanks for adding a name.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Nate to Bellator!   No Nate to Bellator! Empty

Back to top Go down

No Nate to Bellator!
Page 1 of 1