Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

News Corp. Hacking Scandal

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

News Corp. Hacking Scandal Empty
PostSubject: News Corp. Hacking Scandal   News Corp. Hacking Scandal EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 1:43 pm

SO unless you just dont care Im sure you noticed this stuff, it looks pretty bad for Murdoch and news corp. and anyone else that was involved.

THe FBI has opened an inquiry now to see if News Corp hacked 9-11 victims phone accounts as well. Murdoch is going before Parliament, and Piers Morgan has also been implicated in the whole thing.

We could be witnessing the end of News Corp.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: News Corp. Hacking Scandal   News Corp. Hacking Scandal EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 1:45 pm

I have no idea what you are talking about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: News Corp. Hacking Scandal   News Corp. Hacking Scandal EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 2:02 pm

News Of The World collapsed because of this scandal.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: News Corp. Hacking Scandal   News Corp. Hacking Scandal EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 2:06 pm

OU wrote:
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Businesses owned by RUpert Murdoch (head of Fox News and News Corp.) got caught using illegal wire taps on peoples phones to break stories.

Murdoch is seriously looking at a billion dollar fine and people in his company will likely go to jail and News Corp. could be ruined because of this . They initially got caught for illegal wire taps in Europe (Piers Morgan dude who replaced Larry King was a editor at one of the newspapers that allegedly broke a story using illegal wire taps)

So basically you have a huge news corporation using illegal wire taps to break stories.... basically the worst thing you can do as a newsperson

Now the FBI is looking into News Corp because apparently there is some beliefs that they illegally wire tapped 9-11 victims phone records.

So long story short, they fucked themselves and it looks like they are caught red handed.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: News Corp. Hacking Scandal   News Corp. Hacking Scandal EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 2:07 pm

As we predicted Monday night, Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. empire is now in deep trouble in New Jersey for what appear to be illegal and immoral activities.
On one front, Senator Menendez has asked Attorney General Holder to investigate "accusations made by a British lawmaker that News International, a British subsidiary of Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation, had hacked into the phones of 9/11 victims":

"The U.S. government must ensure that victims in the United States have not been subjected to illegal and unconscionable actions by these newspapers seeking to exploit information about their personal tragedies for profit,"
Despite the owners of Fox News being involved, this is no partisan matter as Republican Congressman Peter King says he feels the same way.

Meanwhile, Senator Lautenberg has identified what may be legally even more serious: violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act when News Corp employees allegedly bribed the police.From his letter to Holder:

As you know, the anti-bribery provisions of FCPA make it illegal for a U.S. person or company to pay foreign officials to obtain or retain business. In this case, media reports indicate that reporters for News of the World, a newspaper that is controlled by a subsidiary of News Corporation, paid London police officers for information...
As you know, News Corporation is a U.S.-based company subject to FCPA. Indeed, the company's own website states the following: "The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) is a U.S. law that forbids bribery of foreign (meaning non-U.S.) government officials, whether elected or appointed, even if the bribe takes place outside the United States. Because News Corporation is a U.S. corporation, the FCPA may apply to all Company employees everywhere in the world, regardless of their nationality or where they reside or do business."

The British "firestorm", as the Prime Minister calls it, shows this story won't go away but the United States Department of Justice must do its part.

http://bluejersey.net/diary/18968/rupert-murdochs-news-corps-illegal-and-unconscionable-actions
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: News Corp. Hacking Scandal   News Corp. Hacking Scandal EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 2:08 pm

Ali wrote:
News Of The World collapsed because of this scandal.

its looking like thats just the beginning the US Justice Department as well as the British Parliament are about to make a big example out of News Corp.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: News Corp. Hacking Scandal   News Corp. Hacking Scandal EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 2:08 pm

They fucking deserve the worst punishment possible.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: News Corp. Hacking Scandal   News Corp. Hacking Scandal EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 2:09 pm

The Sun and the Sunday Times, two other popular newspapers which are part of Murdoch’s News Corporation, have been accused of using illegal ways to obtain private data. Meanwhile, shares in Murdoch’s empire are tumbling.
On Tuesday, the Former British Prime Minister Gordon Brown accused the tabloid The Sun and also The Sunday Times newspaper of having links to the "criminal underworld" and illegally obtaining personal data on him and his family.
Brown accuses News International, the publisher owned by Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation, of getting his bank details, voicemail and information from medical records about his five-year-old son Fraser, who suffers from cystic fibrosis.
The allegations that journalists from News International went after Brown were published by the Guardian on Monday.
According to the Guardian, the journalists have been obtaining secret information during the last ten years, including periods when Brown was prime minister and Chancellor of the Exchequer. In 2006, the Sun released the article about Brown’s seriously ill son.

http://rt.com/news/murdoch-corporation-accused-illegal/
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: News Corp. Hacking Scandal   News Corp. Hacking Scandal EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 2:10 pm

I agree Freak

seriously I have heard Murdoch and alot of cronnies will more than likely see fed time and over a billion in fines

News Corp. stock is dropping fucking fast as well
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: News Corp. Hacking Scandal   News Corp. Hacking Scandal EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 2:12 pm

In the U.S., the FBI began a probe whether employees tried to hack into the phones of victims of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. London police have made at least nine arrests as part of the investigation. Among those arrested was Andy Coulson, one-time editor of the News of the World and former communications chief for U.K. Prime Minister David Cameron. Coulson has denied any knowledge of reporters tapping phones when he led the paper.
The scandal wiped almost $5 billion off the company’s market value since the Guardian reported on July 4 that the News of the World in 2002 hacked into the voice mails of murdered schoolgirl Milly Dowler and deleted messages.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-07-15/rupert-james-murdoch-face-scrutiny-from-u-k-lawmakers-after-brooks-quits.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: News Corp. Hacking Scandal   News Corp. Hacking Scandal EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 2:13 pm

If I was 1 of the people that got spied on by Fox I would sue them.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: News Corp. Hacking Scandal   News Corp. Hacking Scandal EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 4:32 pm

most pathetic part isby hacking and deleting a missing girls messages, the girls family thought she was still alive because her messages were being checked

owler was abducted and murdered in 2002. But it was not until just last week when reporters at The Guardian revealed that, while she was still missing, investigators from the News of the World hacked into her voicemail and deleted some of her messages. This caused her parents to think she was still alive and accessing her messages.

apparently Murdoch met with the family and apologized today, lawyers were tehre, you now hes going to try and pay them off

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/15/rupert-murdoch-meets-with_n_899869.html

and can i just say, its clear your not sorry, just sorry you got caught
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: News Corp. Hacking Scandal   News Corp. Hacking Scandal EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 4:35 pm

also gotta love the fucking prick Steve Doocy trying to say this isnt a big deal and lets just move on and forget that one of the biggest news corporations was illegaly hacking citizens phones

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/15/fox-and-friends-defends-n_n_899934.html

he even tried the old, well we neeed to fix america dont pay attention to this story bullshit

Oh what I would give for the good old days of Clinton and a surplus
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: News Corp. Hacking Scandal   News Corp. Hacking Scandal EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 5:28 pm

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: News Corp. Hacking Scandal   News Corp. Hacking Scandal EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 5:35 pm

good, these fucks need to go down if they are hacking citizens, dead ones at that, for a fucking news story, pretty disgusting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: News Corp. Hacking Scandal   News Corp. Hacking Scandal EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 1:11 am

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: News Corp. Hacking Scandal   News Corp. Hacking Scandal EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 3:42 pm

ya freak it was great when Stewart destroyed that little fucking twit

but hilariously he didnt come anywhere as close to Bill Clinton when it comes to making fools of Fox News while on Fox News
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: News Corp. Hacking Scandal   News Corp. Hacking Scandal EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 3:43 pm

freakzilla wrote:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: News Corp. Hacking Scandal   News Corp. Hacking Scandal EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:29 pm

Those who would give up liberty for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790), Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 175
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: News Corp. Hacking Scandal   News Corp. Hacking Scandal EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 3:32 pm

great quote freak,

i gotta say the more and more i look intothis scandal the more disgusted I am. and for anyone that tries to say oh im just spouting my political opinions, trust me if the corporation that ran CNN or MSNBC was hacking over 4,000 civilian phones I would be just as pised at them.......add in they hacked victims of murder and 9-11 victims phones........for a fucking news story. It is jsut disgusting and morally reprehensible
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: News Corp. Hacking Scandal   News Corp. Hacking Scandal EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 3:35 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
great quote freak,

i gotta say the more and more i look intothis scandal the more disgusted I am. and for anyone that tries to say oh im just spouting my political opinions, trust me if the corporation that ran CNN or MSNBC was hacking over 4,000 civilian phones I would be just as pised at them.......add in they hacked victims of murder and 9-11 victims phones........for a fucking news story. It is jsut disgusting and morally reprehensible

It doesn't effect me here in Australia but I feel exactly like how you feel.

Yeah I love that quote.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News Corp. Hacking Scandal   News Corp. Hacking Scandal Empty

Back to top Go down

News Corp. Hacking Scandal
Page 1 of 1