[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]
 
Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share
 

 Jim Riggleman resigns

Go down 
AuthorMessage
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER
Posts : 16809
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 37
Location : Detroit

Jim Riggleman resigns Empty
PostSubject: Jim Riggleman resigns   Jim Riggleman resigns EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 9:43 am

Actually a pretty crazy story. Before the game last night he warned the owner that if they didnt give him an extension he would resign. So after the game he went to the owner and the owner must have told him that he had no interest in extending his contract so he quit. Alittle crazy to me to think that some1 would actually have the balls to do that. I hear people say all the time at work that if they dont get there way about this or that they will quit but no 1 ever does. I think its a big risk he is taking by doing this but still give him props for standing up to a owner that obviously didnt see Riggleman as there long term manager.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

Jim Riggleman resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim Riggleman resigns   Jim Riggleman resigns EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 9:45 am

Yeah that was pretty weird. I think dude is throwing a little hissy fit.

_________________
Jim Riggleman resigns Banner10
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER
Posts : 16809
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 37
Location : Detroit

Jim Riggleman resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim Riggleman resigns   Jim Riggleman resigns EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 9:49 am

OU wrote:
Yeah that was pretty weird. I think dude is throwing a little hissy fit.

Kinda but it still takes alot of balls to stand up for something u believe in and actually follow through with it.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS
Posts : 16161
Join date : 2010-02-28
Age : 34
Location : Iowa

Jim Riggleman resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim Riggleman resigns   Jim Riggleman resigns EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 10:27 am

he actually requested for a meeting and the owners didnt want to hear it... considering how he turned this ball club around and the recent tear they are on... i would have at least heard him out

_________________
Jim Riggleman resigns 739432889
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

Jim Riggleman resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim Riggleman resigns   Jim Riggleman resigns EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 10:33 am

timthebim wrote:
OU wrote:
Yeah that was pretty weird. I think dude is throwing a little hissy fit.

Kinda but it still takes alot of balls to stand up for something u believe in and actually follow through with it.

I dunno. I don't think this helps him anymore then if he would have stayed and not had his option picked up. It's a pretty fucked up move for his team, not really a display of having your teams back.

_________________
Jim Riggleman resigns Banner10
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely
Posts : 21274
Join date : 2009-08-04
Age : 100
Location : Fresyes, CA

Jim Riggleman resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim Riggleman resigns   Jim Riggleman resigns EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 12:15 pm

What do yall think is gonna happen with Carson Palmer?

_________________
captain organic wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Are u fucking serious with this post bro? ur a newbie to MMA compared to me, I watch all fights, but don't get a hard on unless guys are in the top 30.

Uh, Are u fucking serious with this post bro?



Jim Riggleman resigns LanceWalkingLWAR WAR WARJim Riggleman resigns BillWalkingR
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den
Posts : 17542
Join date : 2009-07-19
Age : 32
Location : D Town

Jim Riggleman resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim Riggleman resigns   Jim Riggleman resigns EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:36 pm

couple of my NFL friends said Palmer is as good as done

_________________
1X Ninjas Place Boxing GOR Champ (4 defenses)
Ninja Place GP runner up (ya i lost to the illustrious LA)
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER
Posts : 16809
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 37
Location : Detroit

Jim Riggleman resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim Riggleman resigns   Jim Riggleman resigns EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 4:08 pm

OU wrote:
timthebim wrote:
OU wrote:
Yeah that was pretty weird. I think dude is throwing a little hissy fit.

Kinda but it still takes alot of balls to stand up for something u believe in and actually follow through with it.

I dunno. I don't think this helps him anymore then if he would have stayed and not had his option picked up. It's a pretty fucked up move for his team, not really a display of having your teams back.

Players realize this is a business and he made the best move(at least what he thought was the best move) for him and his family.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

Jim Riggleman resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim Riggleman resigns   Jim Riggleman resigns EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 4:19 pm

timthebim wrote:
OU wrote:
timthebim wrote:
OU wrote:
Yeah that was pretty weird. I think dude is throwing a little hissy fit.

Kinda but it still takes alot of balls to stand up for something u believe in and actually follow through with it.

I dunno. I don't think this helps him anymore then if he would have stayed and not had his option picked up. It's a pretty fucked up move for his team, not really a display of having your teams back.

Players realize this is a business and he made the best move(at least what he thought was the best move) for him and his family.

I think the players are pretty pissed. Coach quit because the management didn't show loyalty, kind of ironic that he isn't showing loyalty to his players. If he really cared about the team he would have stayed.

_________________
Jim Riggleman resigns Banner10
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER
Posts : 16809
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 37
Location : Detroit

Jim Riggleman resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim Riggleman resigns   Jim Riggleman resigns EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 5:40 pm

OU wrote:
timthebim wrote:
OU wrote:
timthebim wrote:
OU wrote:
Yeah that was pretty weird. I think dude is throwing a little hissy fit.

Kinda but it still takes alot of balls to stand up for something u believe in and actually follow through with it.

I dunno. I don't think this helps him anymore then if he would have stayed and not had his option picked up. It's a pretty fucked up move for his team, not really a display of having your teams back.

Players realize this is a business and he made the best move(at least what he thought was the best move) for him and his family.

I think the players are pretty pissed. Coach quit because the management didn't show loyalty, kind of ironic that he isn't showing loyalty to his players. If he really cared about the team he would have stayed.

I disagree I think the owner should have never let it get this far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Jim Riggleman resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim Riggleman resigns   Jim Riggleman resigns Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Jim Riggleman resigns
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: Sports Discussion :: US Sports-
Jump to: