Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jim Riggleman resigns

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Jim Riggleman resigns Empty
PostSubject: Jim Riggleman resigns   Jim Riggleman resigns EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 9:43 am

Actually a pretty crazy story. Before the game last night he warned the owner that if they didnt give him an extension he would resign. So after the game he went to the owner and the owner must have told him that he had no interest in extending his contract so he quit. Alittle crazy to me to think that some1 would actually have the balls to do that. I hear people say all the time at work that if they dont get there way about this or that they will quit but no 1 ever does. I think its a big risk he is taking by doing this but still give him props for standing up to a owner that obviously didnt see Riggleman as there long term manager.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jim Riggleman resigns   Jim Riggleman resigns EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 9:45 am

Yeah that was pretty weird. I think dude is throwing a little hissy fit.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Jim Riggleman resigns   Jim Riggleman resigns EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 9:49 am

OU wrote:

Kinda but it still takes alot of balls to stand up for something u believe in and actually follow through with it.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Jim Riggleman resigns   Jim Riggleman resigns EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 10:27 am

he actually requested for a meeting and the owners didnt want to hear it... considering how he turned this ball club around and the recent tear they are on... i would have at least heard him out
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jim Riggleman resigns   Jim Riggleman resigns EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 10:33 am

timthebim wrote:
OU wrote:

Kinda but it still takes alot of balls to stand up for something u believe in and actually follow through with it.

I dunno. I don't think this helps him anymore then if he would have stayed and not had his option picked up. It's a pretty fucked up move for his team, not really a display of having your teams back.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Jim Riggleman resigns   Jim Riggleman resigns EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 12:15 pm

What do yall think is gonna happen with Carson Palmer?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Jim Riggleman resigns   Jim Riggleman resigns EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:36 pm

couple of my NFL friends said Palmer is as good as done
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Jim Riggleman resigns   Jim Riggleman resigns EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 4:08 pm

OU wrote:
timthebim wrote:
OU wrote:

I dunno. I don't think this helps him anymore then if he would have stayed and not had his option picked up. It's a pretty fucked up move for his team, not really a display of having your teams back.

Players realize this is a business and he made the best move(at least what he thought was the best move) for him and his family.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jim Riggleman resigns   Jim Riggleman resigns EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 4:19 pm

timthebim wrote:
OU wrote:
timthebim wrote:
OU wrote:

Players realize this is a business and he made the best move(at least what he thought was the best move) for him and his family.

I think the players are pretty pissed. Coach quit because the management didn't show loyalty, kind of ironic that he isn't showing loyalty to his players. If he really cared about the team he would have stayed.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Jim Riggleman resigns   Jim Riggleman resigns EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 5:40 pm

OU wrote:
timthebim wrote:
OU wrote:
timthebim wrote:
OU wrote:

I think the players are pretty pissed. Coach quit because the management didn't show loyalty, kind of ironic that he isn't showing loyalty to his players. If he really cared about the team he would have stayed.

I disagree I think the owner should have never let it get this far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jim Riggleman resigns   Jim Riggleman resigns Empty

Back to top Go down

Jim Riggleman resigns
Page 1 of 1