Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A great fight not many people will see

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

A great fight not many people will see Empty
PostSubject: A great fight not many people will see   A great fight not many people will see EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 3:31 pm

This past Friday night in Atlantic City was Ring Of Combat 36, it's a shame most fans won't see the fights from this card. It was on gofightlive for like $10 and if you didn't see it, it's worth the money imo.

The fight I am talking about in the headline was Al Iaquinta vs Gabriel Miglioli. Was a great fight and one definitely worth watching if you can. I just can't say enough about this fight, I'm hoping it makes it's way onto youtube or somewhere so more people will see it. Inside MMA on HDNet does cover some ROC fights so it may be talked about on there this week.

Here was Sherdogs little write up on the fight: Al Iaquinta took a split decision from Gabriel Miglioli in a hotly-contested lightweight dustup. The resilient Iaquinta survived an opening-round onslaught from Miglioli to capture rounds two and three on dual scorecards (29-28, 28-29, 29-28).

The write up on BE: 10th Ranked Lightweight in the 2011 World MMA Scouting Report Al Iaquinta dueled with Brazilian prospect Gabriel Miglioli in one of the most intense ROC fights ever, both showing amazing technical ability and heart for prospects with a combined seven pro fights worth of experience. The rangier Miglioli controlled the first round, dropping Iaquinta with punches for a near-KO and applying a couple close submission attempts. Round two turned into a complete brawl, with Migloli trading short punches to the head and body for Iaquinta's jabs and high right roundhouse kicks. In the final round, Iaquinta seemed in complete control with a damaging ground and pound attack, but a fading Miglioli somehow escaped, landed a hard knee to the body and then managed his own takedown. Iaquinta, who never stopped attacking despite taking hard shots in every round, scored a reversal in the dying seconds and ended the fight taking Miglioli's back. In the end, the judges rewarded Iaquinta's tenacity with a close split decision victory.

Last edited by Primetyme199 on Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: A great fight not many people will see   A great fight not many people will see EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 3:40 pm

Add in the Pete Sell fight too, Sell got dominated in Round 1 and I thought it was close to being stopped but he came out in the second round and won by submission.

A great fight not many people will see 1Screen-Recording-7
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: A great fight not many people will see   A great fight not many people will see EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 11:47 am

HAve to keep an eye out for it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: A great fight not many people will see   A great fight not many people will see EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 11:57 am

I looked everywhere but couldn't find it.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: A great fight not many people will see   A great fight not many people will see EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 12:08 pm

freakzilla wrote:

Right now it's only on gofightlive and you have to buy it. Hopefully it will make it's way to a free site to see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A great fight not many people will see   A great fight not many people will see EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 12:29 pm

Primetyme199 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

Right now it's only on gofightlive and you have to buy it. Hopefully it will make it's way to a free site to see.

Thanks. If you find it in the future it would be cool to watch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A great fight not many people will see   A great fight not many people will see Empty

Back to top Go down

A great fight not many people will see
Page 1 of 1