Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Asylum Fight League

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

Asylum Fight League Empty
PostSubject: Asylum Fight League   Asylum Fight League EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 1:34 pm

For those that are interested, Asylum Fight League (amateur MMA) is having a show in Lakewood, NJ this Saturday. It's going to be in an outdoor stadium, Blueclaws Stadium. Supposed to be free on Gofightlive.
Back to top Go down
JerseyStyle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Asylum Fight League   Asylum Fight League EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 1:35 pm

Thats a nice stadium!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Asylum Fight League   Asylum Fight League EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 2:06 pm

any notables on the card?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Asylum Fight League   Asylum Fight League EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 4:30 pm

The main event was actually going to be a slugfest but the one guy isn't allowed to fight because of his medicals. If your not from the area you won't have heard of any of the fighters.

On Friday night though Ring Of Combat is happening in Atlantic City, it's a pro show but Gofightlive charges for that card. Pete Sell and Jimmie Rivera are on it and some other decent fighters. ROC is usually a good show.
Back to top Go down
JerseyStyle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Asylum Fight League   Asylum Fight League EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 2:15 pm

Just talked to my buddy. He said the judging was about as bad as it could have been. He also said they had to cut the night short every time a fighter would go to throw a kick or go for a take down they would fall from the mat being so slippery with the dew on it.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Asylum Fight League   Asylum Fight League EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 2:42 pm

They stopped it after 5 fights because they screwed up the cage. They used an oil based soap to clean the mat then the humidity turned it more or less into an ice rink it was so slippery. No one could get any footing at all.

The judging was fine. 5 completed fights, 3 were decisions.

1st of the decisions: 29-29, 29-28, 29-28 close fight not alot of action

2nd of the decisions: was Majority draw, the one fighter had 1 point taken away for an illegal strike in the round he clearly won making it 9-9. Without the deduction he wins the fight.

3rd decision: 29-28, 30-27, 30-27 winner clearly won 2 of the 3 rounds.
Back to top Go down
JerseyStyle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Asylum Fight League   Asylum Fight League EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 2:51 pm

Primetyme199 wrote:

2nd of the decisions: was Majority draw, the one fighter had 1 point taken away for an illegal strike in the round he clearly won making it 9-9. Without the deduction he wins the fight.

I think that is the fight he was talking about. Thats what he said about the mat. He said no matter what they could not get any footing to do anything.

I told him he still had a better time then me since I was working.....
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Asylum Fight League   Asylum Fight League EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 3:16 pm

They stopped the fights after the 5th one and tried drying the ring with towels and paper towels. They sent someone out and bought lots of rubbing alcohol and used that and wiped it up. Looked like it was going to work, they started the 6th fight and a minute in the fighters started slipping again so the Commission stopped that fight and ended the card for the safety of the fighters. IMO it would have only been a matter of time before someone blew out their knee, ankle, or tore something.

I don't see why people call it bad judging when it was the fighters fault for having a point taken away. Shit the same guy almost lost another point for grabbing the fence later on in the fight, he was warned twice about it. I had friends in the stands thinking the same thing about the judging till they heard there was a point deduction.
Back to top Go down
JerseyStyle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Asylum Fight League   Asylum Fight League EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 5:29 pm

Quote :
would like to start by thanking the fighters and fans for the event on June 18. Due the humidity that night the Fight was stopped by the State and Doctors in the best interest of the safety of the fighters. As all promotional companies we w...ork hard to make each event a positive experience for the Fan but I will not put a fighter in danger for anyone and totally agree for the States call . That being said we have a NO REFUND policy but i feel for the fighters and fans that came out last night , I am willing to credit any fan that attended this event with a 50% off the next event that there fighter will be competing in. Please send an email with your Name ,Address, and Fighter you came to see along with a scanned copy of your ticket . You will have a ticket Voucher code for the upcoming event or Next Blueclaws Event Scheduled June 2012.Our Cage and canvas is certified by the NJSACB, We are submitting New Material for state approval for a matting that will not have the same issue that we encountered that night. Our Company strives to be the best in the industry and appreciates the support of the Fighters and Fans. promoter@asylumfightleague.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Asylum Fight League   Asylum Fight League Empty

Back to top Go down

Asylum Fight League
Page 1 of 1