Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Former WWE wrestler Batista opening up MMA gym

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

Former WWE wrestler Batista opening up MMA gym Empty
PostSubject: Former WWE wrestler Batista opening up MMA gym   Former WWE wrestler Batista opening up MMA gym EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 10:35 am

Former WWE heavyweight champion Dave Batista might not be entering the cage to have an MMA fight anytime soon, but he is getting into the business side of the sport.

According to sources that TMZ spoke with, Batista is in the process of opening an MMA training facility in Tampa, Florida, called “Gracie Fighter Jiu Jitsu” with the help of Cesar Gracie. The gym is currently only open to close friends of both parties, but there are plans to open it to the public next week. No announcements have been made regarding instructors at the gym yet or details about the facility.

Batista announced his intent to compete in MMA earlier this year in Strikeforce, and specifically wanted a bout with Bobby Lashley. However, the bout never materialized due to monetary reasons among other issues, and thanks to the Zuffa purchase of Strikeforce, Batista and his people have stopped negotiations to compete in the octagon for the time being. With the man behind Nick Diaz, Nate Diaz, Gilbert Melendez and Jake Shields backing him up to legitimize the gym, it might be a sign of Batista’s future in MMA.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Former WWE wrestler Batista opening up MMA gym   Former WWE wrestler Batista opening up MMA gym EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 1:05 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Former WWE wrestler Batista opening up MMA gym   Former WWE wrestler Batista opening up MMA gym EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 7:13 pm

Former WWE wrestler Batista opening up MMA gym Funning-gifs-wrestling-over-acting-just-a-bit
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Former WWE wrestler Batista opening up MMA gym   Former WWE wrestler Batista opening up MMA gym EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 1:10 am

Batista says he's down to 180 now.

Former WWE wrestler Batista opening up MMA gym 3009971537_1_3_74DZ5jRi
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Former WWE wrestler Batista opening up MMA gym   Former WWE wrestler Batista opening up MMA gym EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 1:13 am

That's fucked up if true, he had to be like 250+ before
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Former WWE wrestler Batista opening up MMA gym   Former WWE wrestler Batista opening up MMA gym EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 1:24 am

250+ more than likely jacked up on all sorts of roids.

Former WWE wrestler Batista opening up MMA gym Batista%20new%2004
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Former WWE wrestler Batista opening up MMA gym   Former WWE wrestler Batista opening up MMA gym EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 1:36 am

Roids no doubt, surprised he thinned out like that, usually guys lose some size after stopping, but damn..
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Former WWE wrestler Batista opening up MMA gym   Former WWE wrestler Batista opening up MMA gym EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 11:50 am

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/9/7/3300274/wwe-batista-ufc-mma-debut-alistair-overeem-stephan-bonnar
Quote :
"It's going great. I got dropped for the first time, last week. It was Stephan Bonnar. He hit me right in the head. My legs went numb and I dropped. I just got up and continued the round. It's just one of those things. I love it."
Quote :

"I always tell people that Alistair Overeem is someone I'd like to emulate myself after. I've always seen him as my kind of prototypical heavyweight. He's my idea of how a heavyweight fighter should be."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former WWE wrestler Batista opening up MMA gym   Former WWE wrestler Batista opening up MMA gym Empty

Back to top Go down

Former WWE wrestler Batista opening up MMA gym
Page 1 of 1