Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Coenen-Tate official for SF: Fedor/Hendo

Go down 
+3
Wolfgangsta
killerofchicken
bobbitt15
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Coenen-Tate official for SF: Fedor/Hendo Empty
PostSubject: Coenen-Tate official for SF: Fedor/Hendo   Coenen-Tate official for SF: Fedor/Hendo EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 3:52 pm

Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Coenen-Tate official for SF: Fedor/Hendo   Coenen-Tate official for SF: Fedor/Hendo EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 3:57 pm

YES!!! my 2 favorite women fighters are going at it!!! WAR TATE COENEN!!!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Coenen-Tate official for SF: Fedor/Hendo   Coenen-Tate official for SF: Fedor/Hendo EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 4:07 pm

After watching Carmouche take her down like that, Tate should squash her. She has been at Alpha Male for a year and I don't expect a sub. Those guys munch blackbelts. Five rounds of Takedown making Coenen progressively less and less attractive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Coenen-Tate official for SF: Fedor/Hendo   Coenen-Tate official for SF: Fedor/Hendo EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 4:37 pm

Tate was open for quite a few subs vs that Asian chick she fought in that one night tourney but I'm sure she's improved since then. Having a tough time picking a winner in this one
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Coenen-Tate official for SF: Fedor/Hendo   Coenen-Tate official for SF: Fedor/Hendo EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 4:56 pm

Fight Girl Monster is a very capable sub artist. Both her and Coenen have 14 subs. I don't think Coenen is a significantly greater sub threat.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Coenen-Tate official for SF: Fedor/Hendo   Coenen-Tate official for SF: Fedor/Hendo EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 8:58 pm

I wouldn't have said shit if this fight was on the June 18th card instead of the Gina fight. Just sayin.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Coenen-Tate official for SF: Fedor/Hendo   Coenen-Tate official for SF: Fedor/Hendo EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 9:43 pm

Yea you'd rather watch a title fight. Shocking ¡
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Coenen-Tate official for SF: Fedor/Hendo   Coenen-Tate official for SF: Fedor/Hendo EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:57 am

That little black chick or maybe latina? seemed stronger then Tate is, I think Coenen will win on the feet or off her back is she gets taken down. She also seems to be really good as reversing position.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Coenen-Tate official for SF: Fedor/Hendo   Coenen-Tate official for SF: Fedor/Hendo EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 2:46 am

Coenen is going to get beaten ugly. Carmouche was beating the dog piss out of her and she was a late replacement. I also think that Sarah Kaufman could beat her in a rematch too. Takedown all the way!
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Coenen-Tate official for SF: Fedor/Hendo   Coenen-Tate official for SF: Fedor/Hendo EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 4:12 am

You a Tate fan? That other chick may have come in late, but is a little tank and seems stronger with more power then Tate has. Never been impressed with Tate, solid athlete for a chick, but just don't see her as good a fighter as Marloes is.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Coenen-Tate official for SF: Fedor/Hendo   Coenen-Tate official for SF: Fedor/Hendo EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 4:22 am

She wrestled with the boys, was a state champ in wrestling twice, trains with team alpha male and has only lost twice. once to sarah in an awesome fight in strikeforce and once to a chick by headkick in only her second fight. she trains with faber, joeseph benavidez and chad mendes. what was your rule on picking fights now?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Coenen-Tate official for SF: Fedor/Hendo   Coenen-Tate official for SF: Fedor/Hendo EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 4:27 am

Don't apply that to chicks, way harder to tell. Didn't Tate just duck Coenen? pulled out late without a reason? And Coenen rolls with guys all the time.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Coenen-Tate official for SF: Fedor/Hendo   Coenen-Tate official for SF: Fedor/Hendo EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 4:32 am

No reason? Where did you hear that? She fucked her knee up in training.

Quote :
There may not be a more somber moment in a fighter’s life than when they have to make the call to their promotion to let them know they are hurt and can’t fight.

It’s compounded when that bout also happens to be a title fight.

That’s the call Miesha Tate had to make recently when she suffered a knee injury in training. After seeking out a doctor’s advice, she had to let Strikeforce know that she would be unable to compete in her upcoming title fight against Marloes Coenen.

Tate, speaking to MMAWeekly Radio on Wednesday night, just hours after Strikeforce announced her withdrawal, documented the injury and how it happened.

“It was wrestling day and I was going with a guy that was probably about 165 (pounds), which is about my cap. Usually I don’t go much bigger than that because I end up getting hurt, and anyways he went in to shoot a double-leg, I kind of stuffed that, and he went for an ankle pick. My ankle rolled and my knee went out from the rest of my body, kind of out to the side,” Tate explained. “I just kind of heard a pop and then I fell down in a lot of pain and hobbled off the mat.”

Immediately, Tate took the proper precaution and tried to give the knee time to heal and get better on its own, hoping for a less serious injury.

“I had a little bit of swelling. I was seeing if I could walk it off or what kind of an injury it was because sometimes you hear your knee pop and it’s just one of those things, sore for a couple days and you’re okay. Unfortunately, that was not the case,” Tate said.
AdChoices

She notified Strikeforce of the injury and tried her best to push through, but after visiting her physician, she received the news she was dreading.

“I went to see the doctor yesterday and he told me that I might have a slight tear in my LCL. He said at this point the best thing is to rehabilitate and not go forth with the fight, which was disappointing news,” said Tate. “I’ve been training really hard for it, so I’m super bummed to say the least.”

Now with the realization that she won’t be fighting for the title next weekend, Tate has moved on to preparing for her rehab and return to the cage as soon as the knee heals up.

“They said four to six weeks if I do everything by the books,” Tate said. “They said I should be able to go and get my physical therapy, and as long as I do that, I should be back up and running in that period of time.”

While there are no guarantees in the title picture, replacement Liz Carmouche will take Tate’s place against Coenen next weekend for Strikeforce. Tate believes that Coenen will come out on top, but anything can happen. Ultimately, she just wants to fight for the belt.

“I pretty much begged Strikeforce, I was like ‘please, can we just push this fight back to the next card and I promise I’ll be ready,’ but it’s not fair to Marloes to have her training for this fight and then not have one, so I can understand that, but I was super bummed,” Tate commented.

“I mean I earned a contention shot and I earned my shot at the title, so that was my understanding, that I wouldn’t be stripped of that. I’m assuming I would face the winner granted everything goes well. It would kind of be the common sense thing, but then again Strikeforce has a roundabout way of doing things sometimes.”

Tate hasn’t decided if she’s going to make the trip to Columbus, Ohio, next week for the fight, but she wants to get back in action as soon as her knee will allow her to, and then make the run at the Strikeforce women’s welterweight title.

and yea she is my girl, I talk to her sometimes on twitter. Why people want MMA to become this giant mainstream super sport is beyond me, we'd lose all fan fighter interaction.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Coenen-Tate official for SF: Fedor/Hendo   Coenen-Tate official for SF: Fedor/Hendo EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 4:40 am

I remember an interview with Coenen where she questioned it.

She's never done much for me, guess we'll all have those we like...
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Coenen-Tate official for SF: Fedor/Hendo   Coenen-Tate official for SF: Fedor/Hendo EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 11:59 am

This should be good. I hope it goes at least four rounds. Must need sweat.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Coenen-Tate official for SF: Fedor/Hendo   Coenen-Tate official for SF: Fedor/Hendo EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:04 pm

Woman fighting? News to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coenen-Tate official for SF: Fedor/Hendo   Coenen-Tate official for SF: Fedor/Hendo Empty

Back to top Go down

Coenen-Tate official for SF: Fedor/Hendo
Page 1 of 1