Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?

Go down 
+12
Farmer1906
throwdownfight1
KingsOwn19
bobbitt15
cascade_run
GDPofDRC
JerseyStyle
SOKO
Birdofthad
killerofchicken
corydd7
OU
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 4:13 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/5/13/2169393/jon-jones-and-rashad-evans-have-altercation-in-las-vegas-nightclub
This is not the first confrontation between the two in the past few weeks. At a Zuffa party for UFC 129, the two had an amusing run-in, described by Rashad here:
Quote :
"I seen him in Toronto and walked by him and he looked at me and said
"What you lookin' at?' and I said "What you lookin' at?" Then he said
"You a clown!" and I said "You a clown!" and that was it....it was
nothing."
Back to top Go down
JerseyStyle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 4:21 pm

Shad calling Bones a "White Boy" now lol

Quote :
So rashad just texted me calling me a "fake @*s white boy" #Cmonson and Rampage is an uncle tom? Someone needs a BETTER counselor
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 4:23 pm

OU wrote:
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/5/13/2169393/jon-jones-and-rashad-evans-have-altercation-in-las-vegas-nightclub
This is not the first confrontation between the two in the past few weeks. At a Zuffa party for UFC 129, the two had an amusing run-in, described by Rashad here:
Quote :
nothing."

lol

yo mama
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 4:25 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
OU wrote:
Quote :
nothing."

lol

yo mama

Meet me in the park after school.
Back to top Go down
JerseyStyle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: John Jones decides to not have surgery    Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 5:47 pm

HMM Shad on to something?

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Jon-Jones-opts-to-not-have-surgery,-fight-with-Rashad-in-2011-still-possible.html

Quote :
UFC light heavyweight champion, Jon Jones, decides to not have surgery on his injured right hand according to mmajunkie.com.

Jones who was originally scheduled to make his first title defense against former teammate, Rashad Evans, had to pull out due to an injury sustained during his title fight with Shogun Rua.

In that bout, Jones tore the ligaments in his right hand and it was initially speculated that surgery would be required to repair the damage. Jones was scheduled to go under the knife until closer inspection by Dr. James Vahey of the Hand Center of Nevada revealed that the damage isn't as severe as previously believed and Jones can opt out of surgery if he wanted to.

"Based on the reports, Dr. Vahey also thought surgery was necessary. But when he had Jon in front of him and starting working with his thumb and doing the necessary tests, he determined Jon's range of motion was satisfactory despite the pain. He told Jon, 'Look, your thumb is not 100 percent, but it's close enough that I feel comfortable saying if you don't want surgery, you don't have to have it' Jones' manager, Malki Kawa, explained on mmajunkie.com.

He chose the latter but would continue to face pain from the injury in the near future. By toughing it out, Jones would be able to return to the octagon sooner than if he had undergone surgery.

Jones' current injury has actually reoccurred numerous times, flaring up after each of his mixed martial fights and even dating back to his wrestling days in college.

As for a fight with Evans, it is still a possibility if Evans is able to defeat Phil Davis at UFC 133. Lastly the animosity between Evans and Jones continues to build with Evans questioning the legitimacy of Jones' injury in his twitter.

"Tell Rashad I hope he's having fun giving me motivation," Jones said on mmajunkie.com
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 9:47 pm

sokolkevin wrote:
OU wrote:
I'm going to need a very good explanation on what the fuck is going on?

easy dana wants machida to fight jones just like the rest of us do. I know he doesnt deserve it but not many options left open unless dana changes plans again but their styles do make for a great fight. I say pull shad from the davis fight and lets get this one over with so we can move on.

But now they can't do that as that would mean he would be sitting out longer, Rashad just has to win and keep his #1 contender spot, I want to see this fight now, any longer and there is no way the hype will live up to it, and Rashad is not getting any younger. First Edagar and Gray then Brock, all the let downs lately are getting me down.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 9:50 pm

"Tell Rashad I hope he's having fun giving me motivation," Jones said on mmajunkie.com

Have to agree with him on that one, Rashad has been running his mouth more then ever on this one, I dare say more then he was agaist Rampage.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Jones tells Evans he is going to destroy him   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 11:31 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/23600/former-ufc-champ-evans-still-doubts-jones-but-turning-attention-to-davis.mma

According to recent reports, the two nearly came to blows at the Las Vegas nightclub. Evans said it never got that far, but the two did have an intense conversation in private.

"He pulled me over, and he's like, 'I just want to tell you right now – I'm going to destroy you,'" Evans recalled. "'You're going to be my first knockout highlight.'

"I'm looking at him in disbelief like, is this dude serious? So I was like, 'Ok, you are. Then why didn't you take the fight?'"

Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 11:34 pm

Went ahead and merged all the topics re: Jones/Evans
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 11:38 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
all I know is in the last 6 months I have gone from a Jones fan and not liking Rashad to thinking Bones is a conceited brat and Rashad aint to bad.

In Living Color references never hurt either

Exactly like myself Bird.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 11:58 pm

Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? - Page 2 ChickenJon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? - Page 2 5854254-chilkoot-trail-a-historical-trail-from-the-gold-mining-era-skagway-alaska-usa
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 2:42 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
Machida has no one to blame for losing to Rampage but himself. He came out and fought the worst way possible if your trying to win a decision in mma.

actually machida was just fighting his fight and rampage was the one trying to win the decision. remember he didnt even swing the first 3 mins of their fight while machida kept landing inside leg kicks and won the fight by holding on to machida against the fence for 7 mins of the fight without landing any real damage. i dont disagree with the dec but it was quite obvious rampage was the one playin it safe and not giving into machidas fight. rampage won that fight based on octogon control. luckly we did get to see him finally go foward on machida and exchange in the third even though he paid for it
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 2:52 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
Ali wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
Ali wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:
Ali wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:
definitely with OU on this one, 2 losses in a row followed by beating a not top 10 Randy doesnt make you title ready

Machida should have been awarded the decision against Page, even Quinton was shocked when his name was called out.

ya but if were playing that game then Machida is 2-2 in his last 4

Who the fuck cares, are you telling me you wouldn't have any interest at all in Jon Jones vs Lyoto Machida ?

It's a marketable fight and a meaningful one for the division, Machida would give Bones a challenge.

Much rather see it happen than have both men sit on the bench.
thats not the point, you can't just leapfrog contenders like that

The top two contenders are busy, and it's not like Machida isn't close to a shot.
the top 2 contenders are busy because the champ was suppose to be out with surgery, this changes things tho

true, the top 2 contenders are busy, machida is available so why not make the fight. in the end machida and evans are the only ones posing threats to jones. kinda like how some say nick should fight gsp cus he is the only contender out there for gsp left because of his style even though the true #1 contender is fitch. in the end the list of contenders last 4 fights is as follows

machida is 2-2. wins over page/randy and loses to shogun twice
rampage is 2-2. wins over jardine/wandy and loses to evans/machida
evans is 3-1. wins over page/thiago/forrest and loses to machida
forrest is 2-2. wins over franklin/tito and loses to evans/anderson
shogun is 3-1. wins over chuck and machida twice and loses to jones

to sum it up machida and jackson are on the same boat right now.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 2:53 pm

throwdownfight1 wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
Ali wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
Ali wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:
Ali wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:
definitely with OU on this one, 2 losses in a row followed by beating a not top 10 Randy doesnt make you title ready

Machida should have been awarded the decision against Page, even Quinton was shocked when his name was called out.

Who the fuck cares, are you telling me you wouldn't have any interest at all in Jon Jones vs Lyoto Machida ?

It's a marketable fight and a meaningful one for the division, Machida would give Bones a challenge.

The top two contenders are busy, and it's not like Machida isn't close to a shot.
the top 2 contenders are busy because the champ was suppose to be out with surgery, this changes things tho

true, the top 2 contenders are busy, machida is available so why not make the fight. in the end machida and evans are the only ones posing threats to jones. kinda like how some say nick should fight gsp cus he is the only contender out there for gsp left because of his style even though the true #1 contender is fitch. in the end the list of contenders last 4 fights is as follows

rampage is 2-2. wins over jardine/wandy and loses to evans/machid
a

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 3:14 pm

I'm with Ali on this one guys. Machida vs Bones would be a great fight imo. I think Machida has the best chance of beating Bones. I don't think he is the #1 contender, but with everyone else tied up I say they make the fight happen now. Machida doesn't deserve a title fight right now, but that is better than no title fight at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 4:03 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
I'm with Ali on this one guys. Machida vs Bones would be a great fight imo. I think Machida has the best chance of beating Bones. I don't think he is the #1 contender, but with everyone else tied up I say they make the fight happen now. Machida doesn't deserve a title fight right now, but that is better than no title fight at all.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 4:31 pm

Who does "deserve" a title shot? The ufc's job is to promote competative and compelling bouts. There is no official ranking systemand with the current slate of contender out there I dont see who all these more deserving guys are. The guy he ko'd while taking zero damage or the guy he nearly ko'd while taking no damage? From a competition standpoint Machida is the most deserving and he is easily the next best right now and he is coming off a huge win to Dana's "in the mix" Randy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 5:41 pm

throwdownfight1 wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
Ali wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
Ali wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:
Ali wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

rampage is 2-2. wins over jardine/wandy and loses to evans/machida

LAUGHING MY ASS OFF!!!
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 5:43 pm

if Machida was so deserving of a tittle shot he would have showed it against Page, instead he chose to bitch around for 2 rounds and then moan and whine after the fight, FUCK THAT!!! Get in line and wait ur turn!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 5:46 pm

Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? - Page 2 001

Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? - Page 2 00001
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 5:49 pm

Ali wrote:
Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? - Page 2 001

Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? - Page 2 00001

yeah, and he won the fucking 3rd round!!!

for the 3rd time Im telling you this, after the fight when he saw the fight video Rampage said he thought he won it... so take that second gif and stick it up yo ars!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 5:52 pm

Laughing

Nothing enters that region, not even a woman's tongue.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 5:57 pm

Ali wrote:
Laughing

unless that women/man is Cyborg?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 6:03 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
Ali wrote:
Laughing

unless that women/man is Cyborg?

No, not even my future hot wife Cristiane would be allowed near there.

I could never subject a woman to that, not after all the curries and taco's I eat on a regular basis.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 6:11 pm

LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next