Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ramapage to retire soon?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Ramapage to retire soon? Empty
PostSubject: Ramapage to retire soon?   Ramapage to retire soon? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 8:53 am

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/5/8/2161179/rampage-jackson-will-retire-from-mma-as-soon-as-he-gets-paid-more-to
Quote :
"Honestly, I've been known for keeping it real and I have to keep it
real. As soon as movies start paying me more than I make to fight, I'm
gone. It don't hurt to make movies. It don't hurt that bad. Everyday I
train. Everyday I'm like, 'Man, I can't wait until I get another big
movie.'... I don't have the type of blood Randy Couture
has. I give it up to him. I take my hate off to that guy, but I'm not
that guy. I don't plan on fighting until I'm 40. And I'm not Chuck Liddell.
I'm not coming to work inside the UFC office when I retire. That's not
me. I'm an entertainer, I like making people laugh. I like doing movies,
action moves and stuff like that. I might even try to be a comedian one
day, who knows?"
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Ramapage to retire soon?   Ramapage to retire soon? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 8:53 am

Kind of reminds me of that GSP thread. Rampage is an entertainer and not a fighter. Some of those guys just have it in their blood. Atleast Rampage is keeping it real.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Ramapage to retire soon?   Ramapage to retire soon? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 8:59 am

Here he goes again...............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ramapage to retire soon?   Ramapage to retire soon? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:08 am

Lol, does GSP have to be brought up in every topic?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Ramapage to retire soon?   Ramapage to retire soon? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:14 am

freakzilla wrote:
Lol, does GSP have to be brought up in every topic?

I think it was a good comparison, just what popped into my mind. GSP was accused of not having the "fighter" mentality. Rampage is admitting to not having that mentality. So I drew the comparisons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ramapage to retire soon?   Ramapage to retire soon? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:21 am

When has GSP ever said he wants to do anything but fight?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Ramapage to retire soon?   Ramapage to retire soon? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:25 am

freakzilla wrote:
When has GSP ever said he wants to do anything but fight?

What are you not understanding? We had a thread where a poster questioned the mentality of GSP as a fighter. Rampage talks about not having the mentality of a fighter. Where are you getting lost in connecting the dots?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ramapage to retire soon?   Ramapage to retire soon? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:30 am

Rampage keeps saying he wants to retire and he doesn't want to fight anymore. People say that about GSP because he fights smart, 2 different things completely.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Ramapage to retire soon?   Ramapage to retire soon? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:36 am

freakzilla wrote:
Rampage keeps saying he wants to retire and he doesn't want to fight anymore. People say that about GSP because he fights smart, 2 different things completely.

I don't think you are following along, maybe you just aren't reading what I'm typing. The connection I made I was about the subject of the mentality of a fighter. So I pointed out a thread that also discussed the subject of the mentality of a fighter. Both threads have that subject in common. If you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you bro. I'm obviously not comparing GSP and Rampage in any way. You are not following.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ramapage to retire soon?   Ramapage to retire soon? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:43 am

I am following. Rampage doesn't have the mentality of a fighter anymore and he admitted that. GSP has done nothing to suggest that. Anyone who says he doesn't is just a hater.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Ramapage to retire soon?   Ramapage to retire soon? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:49 am

freakzilla wrote:
I am following. Rampage doesn't have the mentality of a fighter anymore and he admitted that. GSP has done nothing to suggest that. Anyone who says he doesn't is just a hater.

I think you are just being overly sensitive and thinking that somehow I am taking a shot at GSP. When all I said is it reminded me of the subject that was brought up in a thread from the other day. You are obviously reading too much into it because of your GSP fanhood.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ramapage to retire soon?   Ramapage to retire soon? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:00 am

GSP is more of a fighter than a lot of these so called fighters. No 1 is more dedicated and no 1 travels the world more in trying to learn more disciplines.

Maybe the fan boy in me is reading to much into it but I have to defend him tongue
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Ramapage to retire soon?   Ramapage to retire soon? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:04 am

I hope he does. At one time he was the epitome of a fighter. Not anymore. He's got one last title shot left in him that he'll most likely lose and then not long after that I think he'll be gone
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Ramapage to retire soon?   Ramapage to retire soon? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:13 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
I hope he does. At one time he was the epitome of a fighter. Not anymore. He's got one last title shot left in him that he'll most likely lose and then not long after that I think he'll be gone

I agree. I wouldn't mind if Rampage only fought 2 more fights. Rematches with Forrest and Rashad. Just cause I know he would be motivated for both.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ramapage to retire soon?   Ramapage to retire soon? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 11:52 am

I hope we get to see Rampage vs Lil Nog before he goes.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Ramapage to retire soon?   Ramapage to retire soon? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:25 pm

I've heard nick diaz sat similar things. I think hardcore whoopass fighters suffer from the burnout of being an "athlete" after a while.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Ramapage to retire soon?   Ramapage to retire soon? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:32 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I've heard nick diaz sat similar things. I think hardcore whoopass fighters suffer from the burnout of being an "athlete" after a while.

I think Nick is just trying to get more money for fighting. I think Rampage just wants more money.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Ramapage to retire soon?   Ramapage to retire soon? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 5:45 pm

T
OU wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
I've heard nick diaz sat similar things. I think hardcore whoopass fighters uffer from the burnout of being an "athlete" after a while.

I think Nick is just trying to get more money for fighting. I think Rampage just wants more money.

Ten years ago these two would fight almost for free. They did it because they loved wooping ass and now fighting for hundreds of thousands of dollars per bout barely lights their fire at all. Late career fighter identity crisis. Athlete types don't suffer from that as much.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Ramapage to retire soon?   Ramapage to retire soon? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 5:49 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
T
OU wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
I've heard nick diaz sat similar things. I think hardcore whoopass fighters uffer from the burnout of being an "athlete" after a while.

Ten years ago these two would fight almost for free. They did it because they loved wooping ass and now fighting for hundreds of thousands of dollars per bout barely lights their fire at all. Late career fighter identity crisis. Athlete types don't suffer from that as much.

Atleast Rampage is getting older for an athlete. Nick has always been a bit of an odd ball though.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Ramapage to retire soon?   Ramapage to retire soon? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 5:51 pm

Not sure I would, but this kind of talk is related to what I feared coming into this Hammill matchup, Matty boy might be a good bet here.....
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Ramapage to retire soon?   Ramapage to retire soon? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 5:56 pm

For sure la. Nicks been fighting almost as long as page tho.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Ramapage to retire soon?   Ramapage to retire soon? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:00 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
For sure la. Nicks been fighting almost as long as page tho.

Yeah that's a good point, but even though that is true they are still not at the same point in their career because of age. Rampage at 32, training is starting to get harder, obviously cutting weight is getting old, he is seeing older fighters get knocked out left and right. I think Rampage is starting to get a look at father time and it's time to think about that retirement plan.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Ramapage to retire soon?   Ramapage to retire soon? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:01 pm

Why I'd hold Nick in a different light, one Page's movie career potential, and two Nick's triathlon shit, he'll always be ready for a fight.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Ramapage to retire soon?   Ramapage to retire soon? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:24 pm

I've heard gracie talk about how diaz isnt training as he should anymore
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Ramapage to retire soon?   Ramapage to retire soon? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:37 pm

Last I heard Nick was the most overtrained, overworked, and underpaid fighter in the sport
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ramapage to retire soon?   Ramapage to retire soon? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ramapage to retire soon?
Page 1 of 1