Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Something about Pau

Go down 
+3
timthebim
KingsOwn19
LA
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Something about Pau - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Something about Pau   Something about Pau - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:12 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
LA wrote:
OU wrote:
LA wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:
LA doesnt it make you sad that the 2 time defending champs showed such poor class that the face of the franchise Magic Johnson spent nearly the entire pre game show apologizing for their play at the end of the game.

"Inexcusable on every level"

Magic has been more of a Lakers basher for a couple years now then Lakers fan, frequently talked about among fans.

3 straight Finals appearances, Back to Back Championships, not too sad.

I think he is like the overly critical fan. I think he has a ton of love for the Lakers, makes him act like a crazy fan sometimes. You know the guy that wants to fire the head coach after starting the season 0-2, that kind of fan.

He's the reason I became a fan in the first place, but his thoughts are clouded in some hating these days, and he is't a part owner anymore either, since he's been more critical, doubt he wants Kobe over taking him as best Laker ever deep down.

Im sure youll just say Im hating but IMO it isnt close. I have Shaq still being a better player all time than Kobe, rings dont tell the whole story, I dont think anyone will say Horry is better than MJ or Magic or shit even Hakeem Olajowan. Shaq was one of the most dominant and probably the most physically dominant player of all time. Wilt was just standing over a bunch of shorter guys, Shaq was banging into other big men. They virtually changed rules because of Shaq.

1999-2000 Shaq averaged 30 and 15 in the playoffs, 2000-2001 he averaged 30 and 15 again in the playoffs, 01-02 28 and 12, 02-03 27 and 14, 03-04 21 and 14. Thats inthe crunch time and I think anyone that says oh Kobes got 5 rings is greatly underrating the dominance of Shaq.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/o/onealsh01.html

Shaq would have lost to the Blazers in game 7 without Kobe, Kobe won that game, go see boxscore.

Also, I'm sure Kings remembers, Shaq would have lost to the Kings without Kobe, he posted 30, 11 and 6 in games 6 and 7.

Kobe also went on to win a back to back without Shaq, and his careers numbers, records, accomplishments add to why he's top 10 all-time.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Something about Pau   Something about Pau - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:13 pm

BAHAHAHAHA LA, LA WOULD HAVE LOST THAT SERIES WITHOUT THE REFS LETS BE REAL ON THAT ONE
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Something about Pau   Something about Pau - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:14 pm

Im trying to be nice but if you mention game 7 vs Blazers or Kings Im just gonna have to laugh it off cause the refs effected those games way to much to claim soeone "won" it.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Something about Pau   Something about Pau - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:15 pm

sorry I stopped reading after you mentioned game 7 Blazers vs Lakers, thatsa a personal one for me I remember watching that bullshit play out live
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Something about Pau   Something about Pau - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:18 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
Im trying to be nice but if you mention game 7 vs Blazers or Kings Im just gonna have to laugh it off cause the refs effected those games way to much to claim soeone "won" it.

Not at all, and you needed to be enlightened about the Shaq and Kobe Lakers, Shaq wins nothing without Kobe. But when they got to the Finals, Shaq was such a huge mismatch for the East back then, he was always going to win MVP.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Something about Pau   Something about Pau - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:19 pm

so you think Kobe gets 3 in the beginning without Shaq

Thats a joke
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Something about Pau   Something about Pau - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:22 pm

Who said that? I sure didn't, I said Shaq doesn't get 3 without Kobe, this is common knowledge for those who actually watched back then.

Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Something about Pau   Something about Pau - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:23 pm

Sometimes I think people just post dumb shit to get a response.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Something about Pau   Something about Pau - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:41 pm

hahah dude I watched and Shaq was more dominant then Kobe in those 3, they also got some fishy games vs Blazers and Kings

I am on record on here saying I think NBA and college basketball is fishy, mainly because its the easiest of the big sports franchises to fix. just look at Headake Smith (from D Town by the way) openly admits to fixing games games in college, and guess what, in one of those games he had a career high in points, for every LA vs Sac series theres one that goes unnoticed.

Pretty interesting if you actually read up on all the point shaving scandals in college basketball lats 15 years, find it hard to believe the same hasnt happened in the pro's , and that doesnt even factor in the refs.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Something about Pau   Something about Pau - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:41 pm

Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Something about Pau   Something about Pau - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:03 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
hahah dude I watched and Shaq was more dominant then Kobe in those 3, they also got some fishy games vs Blazers and Kings

I am on record on here saying I think NBA and college basketball is fishy, mainly because its the easiest of the big sports franchises to fix. just look at Headake Smith (from D Town by the way) openly admits to fixing games games in college, and guess what, in one of those games he had a career high in points, for every LA vs Sac series theres one that goes unnoticed.

Pretty interesting if you actually read up on all the point shaving scandals in college basketball lats 15 years, find it hard to believe the same hasnt happened in the pro's , and that doesnt even factor in the refs.

You watched what and Shaq was more dominant in all 3?

Bro I told you Shaq doesn't win without Kobe, fact

Shaq loses game 7 to the Blazers without Kobe, fact

Shaq loses to the Kings without Kobe, fact

Shaq was a mismatch vs the East, he was gonna dominate them, but to act like Kobe was nothing is ignorant, and Kobe passes Shaq further with every passing season since they played together.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Something about Pau   Something about Pau - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:49 pm

LA is right on this. Kobe was clutch every year getting through the Western Conference and then Shaq just shit on the likes of Smits, Mutumbo, Collins, McCullough in the finals every year
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Something about Pau   Something about Pau - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 4:20 pm

Kobe was the reason the Lakers lost to the Pistons in the finals though if u guys are honest. He was completely shut down and never looked to pass. If u say Shaq wouldnt have won without Kobe u are probably right, but dont say Kobe would have won without Shaq or they is just as bad an arguement. Shaq did win another title when he left LA without Kobe but he did have Wade and Kobe won 2 without Shaq but he did have Gasol. So I guess the point is shaq and Kobe bothed needed another top 5 or 10 player to win more rings.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Something about Pau   Something about Pau - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

timthebim wrote:
Kobe was the reason the Lakers lost to the Pistons in the finals though if u guys are honest. He was completely shut down and never looked to pass. If u say Shaq wouldnt have won without Kobe u are probably right, but dont say Kobe would have won without Shaq or they is just as bad an arguement. Shaq did win another title when he left LA without Kobe but he did have Wade and Kobe won 2 without Shaq but he did have Gasol. So I guess the point is shaq and Kobe bothed needed another top 5 or 10 player to win more rings.
NO ONE PERSON CAN WIN A TITTLE ON THEIR OWN!!! GET THAT THROUGH YA HEADS!

Kobe was the one that won that one game in the detroit series anyways
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Something about Pau   Something about Pau - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 4:32 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
timthebim wrote:
NO ONE PERSON CAN WIN A TITTLE ON THEIR OWN!!! GET THAT THROUGH YA HEADS!

Kobe was the one that won that one game in the detroit series anyways

LMAO he hit the luckiest shot he ever hit in his life to beat detroit. that was the 1st 5 game sweep I ever seen.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Something about Pau   Something about Pau - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 4:33 pm

lol, lucky... ima leave ya at that timmy
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Something about Pau   Something about Pau - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 4:39 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
lol, lucky... ima leave ya at that timmy

Smart idea. There is me about a billion people that agree lol.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Something about Pau   Something about Pau - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 6:01 pm

timthebim wrote:

Everyone on the Lakers played badly in that series, and Malone and Payton were invisible. The only game they won too, Kobe saved them, but it was meaningless as the Pistons were too hungry and focued on D that year. Wasn't a lucky shot either he took a almost straight away pull up 3.

No one said Kobe wins without Shaq, but he did after getting a solid supporting cast...twice, and Gasol wasn't though of as near the player he has been in LA before hand.

Every great player ever has needed great player around them to win it all, Magic, Bird, MJ ect...

Here's a little knowledge dropped on ya, only Hakeem and Kobe took a team to the Finals without a single Allstar, All-NBA or All-NBA D teammate, only Hakeem won it all.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Something about Pau   Something about Pau - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 7:24 pm

LA wrote:
timthebim wrote:

Everyone on the Lakers played badly in that series, and Malone and Payton were invisible. The only game they won too, Kobe saved them, but it was meaningless as the Pistons were too hungry and focued on D that year. Wasn't a lucky shot either he took a almost straight away pull up 3.

No one said Kobe wins without Shaq, but he did after getting a solid supporting cast...twice, and Gasol wasn't though of as near the player he has been in LA before hand.

Every great player ever has needed great player around them to win it all, Magic, Bird, MJ ect...

Here's a little knowledge dropped on ya, only Hakeem and Kobe took a team to the Finals without a single Allstar, All-NBA or All-NBA D teammate, only Hakeem won it all.

The way he struggled in that series every shot felt like luck to him I bet lol. I didnt know that about Hakeem. Drexler wasnt 1 of those things? I know he was a former all star.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Something about Pau   Something about Pau - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:38 am

That was only game 2, and he shot well in that game, prob around 50%.

Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Something about Pau   Something about Pau - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 8:39 pm

LA wrote:
That was only game 2, and he shot well in that game, prob around 50%.

50% for game 2 maybe, its been along time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something about Pau   Something about Pau - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Something about Pau
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: Sports Discussion :: US Sports-
Jump to: