Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Marco Antonio Barrera vs Erik Morales IV in July ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Marco Antonio Barrera vs Erik Morales IV in July ? Empty
PostSubject: Marco Antonio Barrera vs Erik Morales IV in July ?   Marco Antonio Barrera vs Erik Morales IV in July ? EmptySun May 01, 2011 1:37 pm

Quote :
Erik Morales-Marco Antonio Barrera IV?

Golden Boy Promotions CEO told ESPN.com that Morales could face either Barrera or Marcos Maidana in a rematch on a July 30 HBO pay-per-view card.

Morales and Barrera engaged in an epic three-fight series between 2000 and 2004, Barrera winning twice and Morales winning once

"Marco has made comments in the Mexican media that he would like a fourth fight with Morales," Schaefer told ESPN.com. "We sat down with Morales last week and discussed a possible rematch with (Marcos) Maidana, and a Barrera fight. He is interested."

Morales (51-7, 35 knockouts) rejuvenated his career April 9 with a spectacular performance against the heavily favored Maidana, which he lost by a controversial majority decision. Barrera (67-7, 44 KOs) has won his last two fights and four of his last five dating back to 2008.

Morales is 34 years old, Barrera 37.

“They are still extremely skilled fighters," Schaefer said. "Their styles are made for each other. Are they as fast as they were? No, but they are at the same level, and that is what makes it so exciting. That's why each one of those fights were so great.

“If you're a fight fan, who would not want to watch this fight?"

Schaefer said a Maidana-Morales rematch also is a strong possibility for the July 30 card.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/167117-morales-barrera-iv
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Marco Antonio Barrera vs Erik Morales IV in July ?   Marco Antonio Barrera vs Erik Morales IV in July ? EmptySun May 01, 2011 1:39 pm

I think they may have had the best trilogy I have ever seen so a fourth would probably be great to see. They would both make alittle bit of dough and fight the guy who made each famous.
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Marco Antonio Barrera vs Erik Morales IV in July ?   Marco Antonio Barrera vs Erik Morales IV in July ? EmptySun May 01, 2011 6:57 pm

I think Morales wins to make it even

I called this on the ESPN board over a year ago.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Marco Antonio Barrera vs Erik Morales IV in July ?   Marco Antonio Barrera vs Erik Morales IV in July ? EmptySun May 01, 2011 7:20 pm

NJBeatdown86 wrote:
I think Morales wins to make it even

I called this on the ESPN board over a year ago.

Me 2.
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Marco Antonio Barrera vs Erik Morales IV in July ?   Marco Antonio Barrera vs Erik Morales IV in July ? EmptySun May 01, 2011 7:41 pm

Morales seems to be a bit fresher, just need to see how much he has left after the Maidana war. It's amazing he's still fighting after the beatings he took from Manny, same deal with Barrera.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Marco Antonio Barrera vs Erik Morales IV in July ?   Marco Antonio Barrera vs Erik Morales IV in July ? EmptySun May 01, 2011 9:07 pm

One of the best trilogies ever. If I remembered correctly I disagreed with the decision in the first 2 fights but ultimately still had it 2-1 MAB
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

PostSubject: Re: Marco Antonio Barrera vs Erik Morales IV in July ?   Marco Antonio Barrera vs Erik Morales IV in July ? EmptySun May 01, 2011 9:09 pm

Yeah, I scored the first fight for Barrera
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marco Antonio Barrera vs Erik Morales IV in July ?   Marco Antonio Barrera vs Erik Morales IV in July ? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 7:34 am

Does Barrera have anything left at this stage ? last thing I remember was watching Khan overwhelm him.

But I don't want to underestimate the legend after watching Erik turn back the clock.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Marco Antonio Barrera vs Erik Morales IV in July ?   Marco Antonio Barrera vs Erik Morales IV in July ? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 4:49 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
One of the best trilogies ever. If I remembered correctly I disagreed with the decision in the first 2 fights but ultimately still had it 2-1 MAB

Yeah same here Bobbitt. I had MAB winning the 1st and Morales winning the 2nd also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marco Antonio Barrera vs Erik Morales IV in July ?   Marco Antonio Barrera vs Erik Morales IV in July ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Marco Antonio Barrera vs Erik Morales IV in July ?
Page 1 of 1