Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who has seen "Once Upon A Time in America"?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Who has seen "Once Upon A Time in America"? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who has seen "Once Upon A Time in America"?   Who has seen "Once Upon A Time in America"? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 2:56 pm

josh200612 wrote:
i watch a ton of movies but i have never heard of this until today.

I had no clue what it was until I started watching yesterday.
But check out the ratings, you said you saw it on Netflix so you can see the rating there.
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/once_upon_a_time_in_america
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087843/
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Who has seen "Once Upon A Time in America"?   Who has seen "Once Upon A Time in America"? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 3:01 pm

I still have my VHS of Once Upon A Time In America from way back. I have seen that countless times...and 3 hours and 25 minutes is the short version.

Great film.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Who has seen "Once Upon A Time in America"?   Who has seen "Once Upon A Time in America"? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 3:05 pm

ya the first thing i did was check out rotten cause i trust them.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Who has seen "Once Upon A Time in America"?   Who has seen "Once Upon A Time in America"? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 3:06 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I still have my VHS of Once Upon A Time In America from way back. I have seen that countless times...and 3 hours and 25 minutes is the short version.

Great film.

That is the short version? Wow, I know they have a version around 2.5 hours. The movie makes you want to watch it again assuming you missed something. Like one review I read said it makes you want to watch again to "search for the answers". Had no idea about the movie, totally caught me off gaurd.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Who has seen "Once Upon A Time in America"?   Who has seen "Once Upon A Time in America"? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 3:16 pm

The original directers cut is about 4 1/2 hours long. To think when it was released on the big screen they had cut it to barely over two hours.

Yeah, it's a great film..but incredibly underrated.

It's like one of those movies like The Deer Hunter where people have to willing to go without their precious action for long periods of time...and not a lot of people can do that. Plus, the first 15 minutes of Once Upon a Time is pretty hard to get through but it's an awesome film.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who has seen "Once Upon A Time in America"?   Who has seen "Once Upon A Time in America"? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 3:18 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
The original directers cut is about 4 1/2 hours long. To think when it was released on the big screen they had cut it to barely over two hours.

It's like one of those movies like The Deer Hunter where people have to willing to go without their precious action for long periods of time...and not a lot of people can do that. Plus, the first 15 minutes of Once Upon a Time is pretty hard to get through but it's an awesome film.

Yeah having not known what it was about, the first 30 min were kind of frustrating. They don't give you alot of information early on. There is alot of detail in the movie, which means plenty of silence and kind of slow, long scenes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who has seen "Once Upon A Time in America"?   Who has seen "Once Upon A Time in America"? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 7:06 pm

Not a fan of the movie at all, I found it very tediously boring and extremely depressing.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Who has seen "Once Upon A Time in America"?   Who has seen "Once Upon A Time in America"? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 7:26 pm

Ali wrote:
Not a fan of the movie at all, I found it very tediously boring and extremely depressing.

0-2 today Ali
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who has seen "Once Upon A Time in America"?   Who has seen "Once Upon A Time in America"? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 7:29 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Ali wrote:

0-2 today Ali

Hey not everybody has the same taste in movies Kings. I just couldn't enjoy Once Upon A Time In America, the whole tone of the movie really put me in a downer.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Who has seen "Once Upon A Time in America"?   Who has seen "Once Upon A Time in America"? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 7:37 pm

I understand

here is one you might like ali

Who has seen "Once Upon A Time in America"? - Page 2 Jonah-hex-poster

Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who has seen "Once Upon A Time in America"?   Who has seen "Once Upon A Time in America"? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 7:40 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I understand

here is one you might like ali

Who has seen "Once Upon A Time in America"? - Page 2 Jonah-hex-poster

Razz

You cheeky sod Laughing Jonah Hex was so bad they made Michael Fassenbender look like a twat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who has seen "Once Upon A Time in America"?   Who has seen "Once Upon A Time in America"? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 7:47 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:

Love The Deer Hunter, even own the movie on dvd, so stick that up your pompous bottom Kings Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who has seen "Once Upon A Time in America"?   Who has seen "Once Upon A Time in America"? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who has seen "Once Upon A Time in America"?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2