Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nasty Boys vs Ken Shamrock (Old Story)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Nasty Boys vs Ken Shamrock (Old Story) Empty
PostSubject: Nasty Boys vs Ken Shamrock (Old Story)   Nasty Boys vs Ken Shamrock (Old Story) EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 6:33 pm

This is for you Bird-

Nasty Boys vs Ken Shamrock (late 80s)

This was quite a few years ago, before Shamrock was a UFC star. Mike Mooneyham of the Charleston Post and Courier interviewed Shamrock for his latest column. He recalls a funny story regarding The Nasty Boys (Jerry Saggs and Brian Knobbs) many years ago in Charlotte where he claims they blindsided him at a hotel following a night club argument.

"I was sitting with a friend and his fiancé, and one of the Nasty Boys reached over and made an inappropriate gesture. They did it again. My friend was getting upset, but he was a small guy and what was he going to do? They disappeared, but I didn't let it lie because I thought that was just totally punkish of them. I knew where they were staying, so I went after them at their hotel. I had a few choice words and told them they had a lot of nerve. Rumor has it that I got clubbed from behind with a steel phone, and then they put the boots to me."

That was the last he saw of them until a chance airport meeting while working for the WWF years later: "You talk about the biggest wimps you have ever seen... Knobbs ran when he saw me. The other one (Saggs) thought he'd be funny and walked up next to me at the counter. I was with Billy Gunn, and everyone knew the story because they bragged about how they beat me up. I looked at Saggs and said, 'You know what? I'm going to kill you.' He looked at me and said, 'Chill out, man, that was a long time ago.' I said, for you it was, but it feels like it just happened and I haven't forgotten about it."

Shamrock says that Gunn pulled him away but he eventually caught up with Saggs: "I jumped up, pulled him around and told him I was going to knock him out right there. He turned his shoulders away from me, and said, 'If you hit me, it's a felony offense.' At that point and time all the anger left my body. He was totally sickening. But all the boys saw it. All the bragging about how he whipped my ass once... It was kind of satisfying at that point. I think I got the last laugh."
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Nasty Boys vs Ken Shamrock (Old Story)   Nasty Boys vs Ken Shamrock (Old Story) EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 8:16 pm

Thats a great story. Wonder if the nasty boys have a different side of it though lol.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Nasty Boys vs Ken Shamrock (Old Story)   Nasty Boys vs Ken Shamrock (Old Story) EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 9:41 pm

Nasty Boys vs Ken Shamrock (Old Story) 7pxv1iwb78mbdtchsij9
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nasty Boys vs Ken Shamrock (Old Story)   Nasty Boys vs Ken Shamrock (Old Story) EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 12:46 am

I couldn't stand the Nasty Boys.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Nasty Boys vs Ken Shamrock (Old Story)   Nasty Boys vs Ken Shamrock (Old Story) EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 9:51 am

I didnt care for them to much either but they were funny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nasty Boys vs Ken Shamrock (Old Story)   Nasty Boys vs Ken Shamrock (Old Story) Empty

Back to top Go down

Nasty Boys vs Ken Shamrock (Old Story)
Page 1 of 1