Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC Fight Night 24

Go down 
+12
Andrew the Raider King
Primetyme199
cascade_run
acccardinal12
NoRegret
Wolfgangsta
LA
killerofchicken
captain organic
bobbitt15
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

UFC Fight Night 24 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night 24   UFC Fight Night 24 - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 12:19 am

not a bad card, disappointed that nog didnt go after him more
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night 24   UFC Fight Night 24 - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 12:19 am

i thought nog won the first round as well, it was close but its a moot point now anyways
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night 24   UFC Fight Night 24 - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 12:20 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Ali wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Ali wrote:
What a surprise, not one judge gave Lil Nog the first round Mad

Davis won the first round.

Please Davis done nothing but fail takedowns in that first round.

He had many kicks. What did Lil Nog do?

Stuffed those takedowns and landed some punches.

Anyway this is pointless because I know you don't rate Lil Nog.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night 24   UFC Fight Night 24 - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 12:23 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
No changes to my rankings as both weren't top 10 and neither moved into the top 10.

Davis is top 10 imo
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night 24   UFC Fight Night 24 - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 12:24 am

and Nog was top 10 until Bader beat him
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night 24   UFC Fight Night 24 - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 12:24 am

davis might have squeaked into the top 10 after tonights win
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night 24   UFC Fight Night 24 - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 12:27 am

was it me or is the tuf promos show brock mostly as a good guy and jds as a bad one. i know certain fighters talk smack to built up a fight but others talk based on hate and jealousy. example bigfoot talking smack about brock and how he is not a real figthter and a fake is pretty much talking as a jealous hater however i care less about what bigfoot has to say but jds is a fighter i have a lot of respect for yet i have heard and seen intreviews were he is talking less about brock. in the promos they were showing tonight he seemed to be the over confident one to just wanna beat brock down were on the brock promos it showed he was trying to be a good coach. this could be all the tuf propaganda like how they made chuck look like a raged looney against tito however jds previous intreviews really dont help him. jmo. could be wrong and brock could end up being a dik. hopefully jds isnt the one in this season for im actually rooting for him for he is the best mma striker in the hw division
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night 24   UFC Fight Night 24 - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 12:29 am

Ali wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Ali wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Ali wrote:
What a surprise, not one judge gave Lil Nog the first round Mad

Davis won the first round.

Please Davis done nothing but fail takedowns in that first round.

He had many kicks. What did Lil Nog do?

Stuffed those takedowns and landed some punches.

Anyway this is pointless because I know you don't rate Lil Nog.

In sport you get points for offense not defense. Davis had the better offense in round 1.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night 24   UFC Fight Night 24 - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 12:30 am

TUF EDITS HEAVILY

Dana just said Brock is the most underrated fighter in the UFC yesterday

do the math

their gonna sell Brock like crazy
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night 24   UFC Fight Night 24 - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 12:33 am

killerofchicken wrote:
davis might have squeaked into the top 10 after tonights win

it depends who u have in your top ten. only guys i see above him are jones,machida,evans,rua,forrest,page,bader and hendo. then against imo bader won 1 round against nog and had a draw in 3 of them were as davis won 2 round and lost 1 of them. davis belongs at the number 9/10 spot for now. we'll see what happens next
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night 24   UFC Fight Night 24 - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 1:30 am

Davis not in my top ten yet. But 6-16 in LHW is a decent argument for most guys there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night 24   UFC Fight Night 24 - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 3:35 am

i think i forgot to GOR this event.

Which is sad, because i would have got them all right but glad Rumble proved me right and then some. He owned Hardy EVERYWHERE.

Cool card. Though it started a bit late for me.

I gave my thoughts on the ME in the other thread.

I hope now we can say the myth of Dan Hardy has been debunked. The guy is middle pack, he was middle of the pack, and he'll always be middle of the pack. This guy was completely fed to GSP even though UFC had full knowledge he belonged nowehere near a cage that is occupied by Rush and nothing in his performance prior to that fight said otherwise. Now, his last two fights against one potential contender(where he was knocked out in round 1) and now another middle of the road fighter, he gets dominated. To think this whole Jon Fitch crap could be done with for a second time instead of GSP having to waste a camp on Hardy.

Not much to say about Amir's fight except that now that he's won a couple over weak competition...let's see him get dominated by good competition again.

and thank thank you thank you Zombie for owning Garcia. Garcia should be 15-12 right now in Jens Pulver land instead of in the UFC. I'm glad Zombie didnt let it go to the judges. Let's just let Pham get the win he deserves over Garcia and cut the little guy.

Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night 24   UFC Fight Night 24 - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 8:45 am

hardy vs amir ?

anyway yeah hardy dissapointed. its hard to say how it goes down before the head kick but thats part of the fight. Hardy is a tough dude and needs some TDD. Not that its bad I just think we were dealing with differerent level atheletes at possible differerent weight classes
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night 24   UFC Fight Night 24 - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 12:57 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
that might be why he went to the bathroom 3 times lol

No doubt. When I saw that Rogan tweeted that he went to the bathroom 5 times in 3 hours I thought he must be doing coke. I think after listening and seeing Goldie and the tweet from Rogan I am pretty sure he was getting high last night.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night 24   UFC Fight Night 24 - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 3:49 pm

throwdownfight1 wrote:
to be honest i enjoyed the card. the zombie sub was awesome. the amir finish was cool. aj impressed me with his wrestling. the main event was kinda iffy but it only goes to show davis isnt on the same level of the top 5 or elite in the division however he is now in the top 10. those that over hyped him to be the next jones obviously were just overrating him but the guy is still one to look foward to. thats 3 loses in a row for nog(imo)

Davis has only had 9 professional fights now...give him some time to develop his standup. I bet you by the end of next year, he will be a top title contender at 205.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night 24   UFC Fight Night 24 - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 3:50 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
i think i forgot to GOR this event.

and thank thank you thank you Zombie for owning Garcia. Garcia should be 15-12 right now in Jens Pulver land instead of in the UFC. I'm glad Zombie didnt let it go to the judges. Let's just let Pham get the win he deserves over Garcia and cut the little guy.

I thought that was a very good, very close fight until Zombie got it to the ground.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night 24   UFC Fight Night 24 - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 4:00 pm

NoRegret wrote:
throwdownfight1 wrote:
to be honest i enjoyed the card. the zombie sub was awesome. the amir finish was cool. aj impressed me with his wrestling. the main event was kinda iffy but it only goes to show davis isnt on the same level of the top 5 or elite in the division however he is now in the top 10. those that over hyped him to be the next jones obviously were just overrating him but the guy is still one to look foward to. thats 3 loses in a row for nog(imo)

Davis has only had 9 professional fights now...give him some time to develop his standup. I bet you by the end of next year, he will be a top title contender at 205.

This. Lets not forget that in Jones' 9th fight he was dropping a round to Stephan Bonnar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night 24   UFC Fight Night 24 - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC Fight Night 24
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6