Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dan Henderson To Defend Strikeforce Title This Fall, Likely Against Gegard Mousasi-Mike Kyle Winner

Go down 
+2
corydd7
killerofchicken
6 posters
AuthorMessage
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Dan Henderson To Defend Strikeforce Title This Fall, Likely Against Gegard Mousasi-Mike Kyle Winner Empty
PostSubject: Dan Henderson To Defend Strikeforce Title This Fall, Likely Against Gegard Mousasi-Mike Kyle Winner   Dan Henderson To Defend Strikeforce Title This Fall, Likely Against Gegard Mousasi-Mike Kyle Winner EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 2:33 pm

Quote :
Newly crowned Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Dan Henderson will likely make his first title defense against the winner of Gegard Mousasi and Mike Kyle this fall.

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker confirmed the match-up to MMAWeekly.com on Wednesday.

“Gegard fighting Mike Kyle is going to be the front runner to the title fight against Dan Henderson,” he said. “I think that fight will happen some time in the fall.”

Although a date and venue are yet to be determined for the light heavyweight title fight, Coker advised that September and December are targeted months for the semi-final and final bouts of the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix. There is a strong possibility Henderson vs. Mousasi or Kyle could take place at the September card, but nothing is confirmed as of yet.

Henderson (27-Cool won the Strikeforce light heavyweight title at Strikeforce: Feijao vs. Henderson earlier this month. In doing so, he collected the third major belt of his career, and in a decisive fashion, getting the TKO win over Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante.

Mousasi (30-3-1) hasn’t seen action in the Strikeforce cage since losing the light heavyweight title to Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal at Strikeforce: Nashville in April of 2010. Since then, however, he competed in the Dream Light Heavyweight Grand Prix, capturing their 205-pound title in the process.

Kyle (18-8-1) was previously seen taking on the last man to beat Fedor Emelianenko, Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva, in a heavyweight bout at Strikeforce: Henderson vs. Babalu 2. The bout ended with Silva knocking out the undersized Kyle in the second round.

http://mmaweekly.com/dan-henderson-to-defend-strikeforce-title-this-fall-likely-against-gegard-mousasi-mike-kyle-winner
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Dan Henderson To Defend Strikeforce Title This Fall, Likely Against Gegard Mousasi-Mike Kyle Winner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan Henderson To Defend Strikeforce Title This Fall, Likely Against Gegard Mousasi-Mike Kyle Winner   Dan Henderson To Defend Strikeforce Title This Fall, Likely Against Gegard Mousasi-Mike Kyle Winner EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 2:34 pm

fall? why such a long lay off?

get him back in there against, i donno, Fedor?
Back to top Go down
corydd7
Green Belt
Green Belt
corydd7

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the name Silva, Chris Leben, Nick Diaz, Don Frye

PostSubject: Re: Dan Henderson To Defend Strikeforce Title This Fall, Likely Against Gegard Mousasi-Mike Kyle Winner   Dan Henderson To Defend Strikeforce Title This Fall, Likely Against Gegard Mousasi-Mike Kyle Winner EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 3:01 pm

Hendo beats either of these guys. Mousasi is overated and im not saying that because of the King Mo fight.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Dan Henderson To Defend Strikeforce Title This Fall, Likely Against Gegard Mousasi-Mike Kyle Winner   Dan Henderson To Defend Strikeforce Title This Fall, Likely Against Gegard Mousasi-Mike Kyle Winner EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 6:06 pm

2 sick fights
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Dan Henderson To Defend Strikeforce Title This Fall, Likely Against Gegard Mousasi-Mike Kyle Winner   Dan Henderson To Defend Strikeforce Title This Fall, Likely Against Gegard Mousasi-Mike Kyle Winner EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 6:09 pm

Mike Kyle is not a deserving opponent, yet I would like to see Hendo knock his chin off. So lets go Kyle, beat Gegard.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Dan Henderson To Defend Strikeforce Title This Fall, Likely Against Gegard Mousasi-Mike Kyle Winner   Dan Henderson To Defend Strikeforce Title This Fall, Likely Against Gegard Mousasi-Mike Kyle Winner EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 2:54 am

It's what they have though...I'll take Hendo vs either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dan Henderson To Defend Strikeforce Title This Fall, Likely Against Gegard Mousasi-Mike Kyle Winner   Dan Henderson To Defend Strikeforce Title This Fall, Likely Against Gegard Mousasi-Mike Kyle Winner EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 1:20 pm

Either one will do.

As for the long wait I think I heard Hendo say he wanted to have a vacation with his family.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Dan Henderson To Defend Strikeforce Title This Fall, Likely Against Gegard Mousasi-Mike Kyle Winner   Dan Henderson To Defend Strikeforce Title This Fall, Likely Against Gegard Mousasi-Mike Kyle Winner EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 1:45 pm

Ali wrote:
Either one will do.

As for the long wait I think I heard Hendo say he wanted to have a vacation with his family.

Last I remember, he wanted to get right back out there.

But winner of Kyle/Gegard(which is a very interesting fight) is a no doubt deserving challenger, and either will offer a stiff test.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dan Henderson To Defend Strikeforce Title This Fall, Likely Against Gegard Mousasi-Mike Kyle Winner   Dan Henderson To Defend Strikeforce Title This Fall, Likely Against Gegard Mousasi-Mike Kyle Winner EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 1:46 pm

captain organic wrote:
Ali wrote:
Either one will do.

Last I remember, he wanted to get right back out there.

But winner of Kyle/Gegard(which is a very interesting fight) is a no doubt deserving challenger, and either will offer a stiff test.

You're right, Dan said he wanted back in there then a vacation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dan Henderson To Defend Strikeforce Title This Fall, Likely Against Gegard Mousasi-Mike Kyle Winner   Dan Henderson To Defend Strikeforce Title This Fall, Likely Against Gegard Mousasi-Mike Kyle Winner Empty

Back to top Go down

Dan Henderson To Defend Strikeforce Title This Fall, Likely Against Gegard Mousasi-Mike Kyle Winner
Page 1 of 1