Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jones is the best LHW in the sport today

Go down 
+8
captain organic
KingsOwn19
OU
bobbitt15
acccardinal12
killerofchicken
Andrew the Raider King
GDPofDRC
12 posters
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Jones is the best LHW in the sport today Empty
PostSubject: Jones is the best LHW in the sport today   Jones is the best LHW in the sport today EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 12:49 am

I have no doubt about it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Jones is the best LHW in the sport today   Jones is the best LHW in the sport today EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 12:56 am

That kid was fucking impressive! But Shogun looked out of shape for the fight too.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Jones is the best LHW in the sport today   Jones is the best LHW in the sport today EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 12:58 am

The best ever
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Jones is the best LHW in the sport today   Jones is the best LHW in the sport today EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 1:00 am

He didn't look ready maybe, don't know, just know Jones looked better prepared and dominated throughout. Shogun needs to get back to fighting people, get some traction, I think he will be back, I don't think I can name a guy at 205 today I'd pick to beat Jones though.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Jones is the best LHW in the sport today   Jones is the best LHW in the sport today EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 1:02 am

He aint the best EVA at any weight yet imo, but he is young and very well could be in the future.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Jones is the best LHW in the sport today   Jones is the best LHW in the sport today EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 1:02 am

Nobody can beat Bones. I honestly only see a guy like Diabate or Cane beating Jones by a lucky punch because they can get close enough. Then I realize that is stupid and Bones would kill them also. LHW is a pit stop for Bones.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Jones is the best LHW in the sport today   Jones is the best LHW in the sport today EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 1:04 am

Shogun looked out of shape, but he got absolutely demolished. Even though it might've been a way to end the fight he made a mistake going for those leglocks when he had the back too. Just got him stuck on the bottom and wore his ass out even more instead of just keeping it standing and hoping to land something big
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Jones is the best LHW in the sport today   Jones is the best LHW in the sport today EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 1:08 am

All I know is this was a great week for the UFC. This was a great card, between Jon Jones and Joe Lozito MMA got a solid reputation with the public in stopping crimes and we finally have an American as the LHW Champion.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Jones is the best LHW in the sport today   Jones is the best LHW in the sport today EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 1:18 am

He's the best no doubt, but I liked it better when that best guy is someone I like. I plan contradicting my pick and residing in the upset rooting section for this guys future fights. I could care less of the nationality of his opponent.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Jones is the best LHW in the sport today   Jones is the best LHW in the sport today EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 1:19 am

I don't see Rashad having much of a chance although I would think after training with him for so much atleast there shouldn't be any fear there
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jones is the best LHW in the sport today   Jones is the best LHW in the sport today EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 1:52 am

Kind of feel bad for Shogun. Jones has outclassed everyone he has been in the cage with.
Jones is the best LHW in the sport today 2wdypll_medium
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Jones is the best LHW in the sport today   Jones is the best LHW in the sport today EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 2:04 am

Like i said, Shogun has a better fight than that for Jones. Is it good enough to beat him? probably not...but he looked terrible, and it wasnt all because of Jones IMO. If it was Shad who beat Rua we would all be agreeing how cage rust is real..but at the same time Shad is never that impressive.

Jones is definetly the #1 LHW in the world right. Best ever? shutchermouth and wait until Jones has a body of work like the current "best evahs" at their weight class such as GSP, Anderson Silva, and Fedor have built over time. LHW is still the hot potato and Jones is now the THIRD straight champion that post win everybody deemed untouchable until their next fight.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Jones is the best LHW in the sport today   Jones is the best LHW in the sport today EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 2:42 am

Yeah it sucks. Shogun is always the man in my book. Jones was too much tonight.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Jones is the best LHW in the sport today   Jones is the best LHW in the sport today EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:51 am

Clearly the the current #1.

Best ever? Those debates become real with 2 more victories.

How old is this kid again?
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Jones is the best LHW in the sport today   Jones is the best LHW in the sport today EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 10:53 am

Last edited by Primetyme199 on Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jones is the best LHW in the sport today   Jones is the best LHW in the sport today EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 11:05 am

captain organic wrote:
Clearly the the current #1.

Best ever? Those debates become real with 2 more victories.

How old is this kid again?

He is 23. Best ever talk is just insane right now. Remember the "Machida Era" and how long that lasted? You got to do some work to jump over Iceman on the All-Time list. The kid is impressive, but people love to overreact in the moment.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Jones is the best LHW in the sport today   Jones is the best LHW in the sport today EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 11:29 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Like i said, Shogun has a better fight than that for Jones. Is it good enough to beat him? probably not...but he looked terrible, and it wasnt all because of Jones IMO. If it was Shad who beat Rua we would all be agreeing how cage rust is real..but at the same time Shad is never that impressive.

Jones is definetly the #1 LHW in the world right. Best ever? shutchermouth and wait until Jones has a body of work like the current "best evahs" at their weight class such as GSP, Anderson Silva, and Fedor have built over time. LHW is still the hot potato and Jones is now the THIRD straight champion that post win everybody deemed untouchable until their next fight.

This.

First, the LHW belt never stays around the same waist for long. I have a feeling Jones will have his heart broken soon enough. He's definitely great, though.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Jones is the best LHW in the sport today   Jones is the best LHW in the sport today EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 11:36 am

Definitely eating my crow. Shogun was overmatched both on the feet and on the ground.

I figured he'd at least be able to get inside on Jones to negate the elbows and kicks, but Bones was just too fast.

Personally, I think the long layoff fucked Shogun over...he looked out of shape and rusty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jones is the best LHW in the sport today   Jones is the best LHW in the sport today EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 11:46 am

Rua didn't even throw any kicks. Was he scared of the takedown or was his knee still giving him trouble?
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Jones is the best LHW in the sport today   Jones is the best LHW in the sport today EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 11:58 am

Shogun was gassed after the first take down. He'll never have superhuman cardio but to gas that quickly is concerning to say the least. Personally, I think if Shogun had been ready for Jones to come out so aggressive we would've seen a KO inside the first minute. He was clearly thrown off by all the wild strikes Jones threw at the start of round 1. Methinks he'll have a counter for that if Jones does it again.

It sucked seeing Shogun get his ass beat like that but it's nothing we haven't seen from him before in the octagon. He's still young, he'll be back.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jones is the best LHW in the sport today   Jones is the best LHW in the sport today EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 3:28 pm

For his style of fighting, Rua has managed to avoid taking real beatings over the course of his career. He's been in some great fights, but he still has plenty left in the tank and certainly much better performances than last night. I'll be there with anticipation when he's climbing back into the Octagon. So many great matchups to make with him considering he's only fought 3 currently active guys in the division
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jones is the best LHW in the sport today   Jones is the best LHW in the sport today EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 8:03 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
For his style of fighting, Rua has managed to avoid taking real beatings over the course of his career. He's been in some great fights, but he still has plenty left in the tank and certainly much better performances than last night. I'll be there with anticipation when he's climbing back into the Octagon. So many great matchups to make with him considering he's only fought 3 currently active guys in the division

I can think of 3 that I'd love to see. Shogun vs Rampage/Forrest/Anderson. Still would love to see all of those. If lil Nog beats Davis I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Shogun again.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Jones is the best LHW in the sport today   Jones is the best LHW in the sport today EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 10:42 pm

Jones is the best LHW in the sport today Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQM7BQMxzHo5wEa0uU6t-rLxyJdVsNl1MtgOK5Fp5mmm19VY46x&t=1

He'd like to add his two cents I am sure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jones is the best LHW in the sport today   Jones is the best LHW in the sport today Empty

Back to top Go down

Jones is the best LHW in the sport today
Page 1 of 1