Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver

Go down 
+4
bobbitt15
Andrew the Raider King
killerofchicken
josh200612
8 posters
AuthorMessage
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver  Empty
PostSubject: UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver    UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver  EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 11:10 am

Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver  Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver    UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver  EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 11:23 am

dude it's Rampage, of coarse theres gonna be shit talking lol
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver    UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver  EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:53 pm

Great Press conference. Those three were laughing their asses off. Rampage was great.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver    UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver  EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:55 pm

Ok just watched it and it was pretty good both guys throwing jabs at each other. Fav part was when they did the stare down and you know hows Bones doesn't look at them right? Well Rampage just turns around and starts posing with a smile and Bones looked pissed LOL.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver    UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver  EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:56 pm

Who cares? I expect Jones to pick him apart, but I wouldn't be surprised if Rampage got a fire under his ass and won...
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver    UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver  EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:57 pm

On this being the second UFC event headlined by two African American fighters:

Jon Jones: It doesn't cross my mind. I've fought guys from all ethnic backgrounds. We all bleed the same.

Quinton Jackson: It's 2011 now, this shouldn't be a big deal.

on representing the old school

Quinton Jackson: I'm only 33, you're asking like I'm Randy Couture's decrepted old ass. If ya'll put me in that category. I was younger than (Jon Jones) when I started and I fought in Pride against Wanderlei, Shogun and them. He's the youngest champion but he's also the least experienced champion in UFC history. I want my belt back, I've got tunnel vision.

Jon Jones: I think Brock Lesnar might have been the least experienced champion. I respect what Rampage does for our support. I think everytime you beat people that have done things for our sport, you take their thunder. I did that with Shogun and I think I can do that with Rampage.

On how the fight goes down:

Quinton Jackson: I see Jon Jones getting destroyed. I want my belt back.

Jon Jones: I'll give you a replica belt if you want one so bad. I see the fight being a great fight. I'm not looking to knock him out, I'm just looking to finish the fight any way possible.

Quinton Jackson: I'm not coming with a crazy gameplan. This is a win-win situation. My last fight (with Hamill) was a lose-lose situation. I'm gonna try to destroy him. Him and Rashad have the same problem, they're really confident. The last time I was this confident I knocked them out in the first round and got that belt.

Jackson shuts down the "lack of desire talk" aggressively.

Quinton Jackson: When have you ever seen me lack passion? This is my day job, this pays my bills and puts my kids through college. Just because I want to have a career when I'm done fighting doesn't mean people would think I'm not determined and not passionate. I don't lack any passion. This is what I do. I got lots of things I want to do, I wanna design video games, have motor-boating contests. Don't hate on me for wanting to have a career when I'm done.

On how the UFC has come and his vision:

Dana White: It's been a crazy ride. We always thought it had the potential not just to be a huge sport in the US and the world. Everybody gets fighting and they like it, especially this style of fighting. The vision is to get this thing going. We're in half a billion homes and in 22 different languages.

Dealing with the altitude

Jon Jones: I train with Greg Jackson in Albuquerque, NM and the elevation is barely lower than here. Greg trains his guys to get ready physically and not break. I'll be ready.

Quinton Jackson: I'm training here. I'm preparing for this fight here and I come back on Monday. I'm bringing Wolfslair here. I'm bringing my whole team. We can train on the moon and still be Wolfslair.

On the stability of the division:

Dana White: Who knew that Anderson Silva and Georges St. Pierre would go on the runs they have. This division puts on amazing fights and it's going to take a really special person to hold that title for a while.

On respecting opponents:

Jon Jones: It's up to the opponent how far they want to take it.

Quinton Jackson: I'm not the internet guy going around and saying stuff on the internet. I've been hearing stuff but none of that stuff bothers me. I do my talking in the Octagon. I'll take jabs at him here. I take jabs at everybody.

on moving to heavyweight:

Jon Jones: I think it'll happen when I'm 26-27. I've got a good nutritionist but I am growing. I've got two really large brothers.

on Overeem:

Dana White: Alistair hurt his toe, he's still under contract. Showtime had the date set and it is what it is.

on who's next:

Dana White: It depends what happens in a couple weeks. If Rashad beats Tito, he's next in line. For Tito, he goes and beats Bader who was ranked seven or eight and if he beats Rashad who's number one, that'll put him up there.

On using his wrestling

Jon Jones: I think I displayed pretty good kickboxing against Shogun. Rampage is like fighting a boxer. If he thinks I won't stand with him he's got the wrong impression.

Quinton Jackson: You fought Shogun when he was rusty as hell.

Jon Jones: There's always excuses, you didn't fight the Pride Rampage, you fought the 2011 Rampage. You got any excuses prepared now?

Quinton Jackson: I won't need any.

On the growth of the sport for female fans:

Dana White: We created the Ultimate Fighter for males and never saw the female fans coming. There was a story on Fox about girls taking girl-trips to come to Vegas for fights. It's amazing how much the female fanbase has grown.

on the UFC taking advantage of NFL and NBA lockouts:

Dana White: To be honest with you, we're different than all of them. Sometimes there's a little crossover but it's different. We're a pay-per-view. If you don't think that when there's a big football game on or something, we don't try to swim around it, we do. I don't think we compete for the same dollar. It wouldn't be a bad thing if we were the only thing on for a few months.

on wanting Rashad to win so they can squash the beef:

Jon Jones: I want Rashad to win so I can prove that I'd never duck a fight.

Quinton Jackson: I've been babying my hand and it feels good. I'll take care of it and tape it well for training camp. I've fought with messed up hands before.

on Chael Sonnen

Quinton Jackson: I don't care what Chael Sonnen says. If he cared more about his game, he's have done better in his last fight. If he walked past me in his last fight I wouldn't know who he is.

on Franklin-Little Nog fighting on the Denver card instead:

Dana White: It could happen. It depends if he heals up in time.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver    UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver  EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:02 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
Who cares? I expect Jones to pick him apart, but I wouldn't be surprised if Rampage got a fire under his ass and won...

Who cares about what? I'm just giving people a visual of a Bones FAIL stare down and Quinton posing was priceless.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver    UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver  EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:08 pm

LOL, NICE!!!

Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver    UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver  EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:29 pm

You can have the still Josh. I'm taking the gif
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver    UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver  EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:48 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
You can have the still Josh. I'm taking the gif

Fuck, That was the first one to come out should of called it!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver    UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver  EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:51 pm

lol, he's so happy about it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver    UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver  EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 5:19 pm

Fuck it, I'll happily take a loss on this one if I'm wrong.

Page KO's Bones.

That chin needs to be tested.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver    UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver  EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:41 pm

Well atleast Page was right back in the gym after that last fight so we don't have to worry about him spending his entire camp focused on getting his weight in order
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver    UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver  EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 10:19 pm

Rampage is the one smiling and putting on a show. Jon Jones mug looked more like Rampage's back when Page was a killer and not an entertainer.

Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver    UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver  EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 9:52 am

Quote :
"Rampage did turn his back on me at the press conference. Kind of pissed me off. So I might do a little extra in the fight because of that. I'm outraged. I'm outraged and you guys will see that."

LOL, he's outraged? WOW
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver    UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver  EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 9:57 am

killerofchicken wrote:
Quote :
"Rampage did turn his back on me at the press conference. Kind of pissed me off. So I might do a little extra in the fight because of that. I'm outraged. I'm outraged and you guys will see that."

LOL, he's outraged? WOW

Fucking douche I hope Rampage sees this.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver    UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver  EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 9:58 am

Told ya he was pissed LMAO!
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver    UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver  EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:04 am

Quote :
"This guy, his staredowns, I ain't never seen no staredown like that before in my life. He's staring at your feet. That's not no staredown. So I turned my back, you know what I'm saying?"

Quote :
Turning his back was a sign of "disrespect" to Jones, who left "Mile High City" feeling "pissed off" and "outraged" over Jackson's tomfoolery.

LULZ!
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver    UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver  EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:19 am

i know right, what a little drama queen... if i ever met him i'd buy a replica belt and demand a signature lol
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver    UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver  EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:23 am

Rampage mind gaming dude hardcore,ha
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver    UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver  EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:26 am

Bones needs to get knocked out and Rampage will be the guy to do it (fingers crossed)
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver    UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver  EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 11:20 am

http://www.1043thefan.com/channels/MikeEvansScottHastings/Story.aspx?ID=1459609

Here's the interview where those quotes came from and they were laughing the whole time but at the end Rampage gets mad.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver    UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver  EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 11:51 am

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/7/20/2284398/rampage-jackson-i-guarantee-jon-jones-wont-fight-me-like-a-man-team

Quote :
"I guarantee you Jon Jones don't fight me like a man. Just like his boy, his old teammate Rashad. He come from a team, the (Greg) Jackson team is the most boring team out there right now. I have to say that right now. Jackson, man, y'all are some boring fighters, dog. Y'all ruining MMA for me, straight up. All these gameplans and all this stuff. GSP was the man before he started training over there with Jackson. I still like GSP but I wish he would go and do his own thing cause GSP is one of the best fighters out there, straight up. And y'all ruining MMA."

Quote :
"I know your weakness, though. That thing that got that hair on it right there, that chin. That's your weakness, homie. Ain't nobody ever hit you. And guess what? I'm going to tell you, I ain't scared of you. I ain't scared of none of the stuff you got. I done fought people your height, your Muay Thai, your wrestling; I done fought people with better wrestling, I fought Olympic caliber wrestlers. You good, homie, but you ain't the best. I'm the best and I'm going to show you. Bow down. Polish that belt. ... You real cocky and you're going to get put in your place."
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver    UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver  EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 11:56 am

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver    UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver  Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC 135 press conference video and LIVE updates today (July 19) for 'Jones vs Rampage' in Denver
Page 1 of 1