Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?

Go down 
+13
Ludo
Bigs03
gomez1012
Wolfgangsta
killerofchicken
Andrew the Raider King
josh200612
acccardinal12
captain organic
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
OU
LA
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Yes
Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 5 Vote_lcap52%Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 52% [ 15 ]
No
Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 5 Vote_lcap14%Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 4 ]
Mixed feelings
Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 5 Vote_lcap34%Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 34% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 29

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 2:09 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
LA wrote:
I'm not putting too much value into what she said, just brought her up cause she also mentioned about the selling price. I've heard it in enough articles whether they really know or not to semi believe it, kind of always thought they weren't cashing in that well myself. Tough to go big while going up against the UFC in N. America.

I'm pretty interested in reading some of these numerous articles. Can't seem to find them.

Are you looking for specific articles highlighting some numbers on SF losses? Because you'd find nothing like that after this, these much like everything else out of this are mentionings in articles speaking about the sale, one was on BE. No one really knows either way, but I've seen people speaking about losses, and I can see it. Have you seen anything about profits just the same?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 2:11 am

Don't get mad cause I see things from the other side then you. Ariel said he never thought Coker was a guy looking to go big in MMA himself, a 7 big events per year guy, but not 30 events, gonna hate?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 2:20 am

LA wrote:
Don't get mad cause I see things from the other side then you. Ariel said he never thought Coker was a guy looking to go big in MMA himself, a 7 big events per year guy, but not 30 events, gonna hate?

Who is gonna hate on what now? Not following you. Anyway, Strikeforce made 30 million last year and the best breakdown of their expenses I read(by Nottheface of BE I think) estimated they profited a few million dollars.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 2:27 am

I thought I felt some anger in the one post, but IDK, thought I could come on and just talk fights and matchups, caught off gaurd here.

They reported a $30 million fiscal year, but we don't really know they're profits. My guess was a couple mill in losses to high single digit millions in profits. We may never know

I remember a sales multiplier or something like that with a businesses value. Like you multiply a years profits by 4-6 to get a companies selling price, but really I don't remember it well.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 2:30 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
LA wrote:

Who is gonna hate on what now? Not following you. Anyway, Strikeforce made 30 million last year and the best breakdown of their expenses I read(by Nottheface of BE I think) estimated they profited a few million dollars.

Nottheface's piece was the most well researched and grounded in logic piece I have seen anywhere. There has never been any report of declining revenues for SF I've seen or can locate, I was interested.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 2:32 am

Post it, I want to read it, maybe tomorrow though.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 2:41 am

Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 2:47 am

Thanks, read it tomorrow afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 2:48 am

If SF was really losing money we'd know. I'd be reported. A "source" would spill the beans. But there has been nothing. Especially in this climate of some certain very pro UFC reporters. If they were I don't think the UFC would have bought right now anyway, as the price would be lower in a year, Pro-Elite or not. It's not like if they were losing money that the parent company of EliteXC would have done anything but stave off death for a matter of months at most.

Also, I think the UFC didn't want to gamble on the HWGP being successful on PPV for Strikeforce. It it was successful, Strikeforce becomes real competition in a number of ways. I notice the UFC still wants to promote the finals on PPV. If they didn't think it would sell, they wouldn't want to promote it that way, would they?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 2:50 am

I think the Prix was a big player in getting a sale, JMO, I think it was planned to do just that.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 2:56 am

SVSE was in over their head. Coker wasn't. The GP brought, for the second time to SF, something all business craves, buzz. Buzz from all angles.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 2:58 am

Just enough buzz to garner investors?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 3:01 am

They did. There were investors looming which caused the UFC to leap in when they did.

http://www.addictedmma.com/story-News_1481_Pro-Elite-Inc-Interest-May-Have-Forced-UFC039s.php
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 3:02 am

I'm saying the Prix was used to garner investors, then yeah the UFC was like shit, better get on this after they heard other groups were steppin up.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 3:03 am

Can we just make a thread and talk about awesome matchups and shit.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 3:05 am

LA wrote:
Can we just make a thread and talk about awesome matchups and shit.

Dan Henderson vs Rashad, Shogun and Bones. Who wins?

Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 3:15 am

Love Hendo/Shad, but Rashad would be quicker on the feet, but Dan would be head hunting and Shad would have trouble geting and keeping him down, either Dan KO/TKO or Shad annoying decision.

Can't decide on Bones/Shogun yet, tomorrow I will.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 10:27 pm

Jones would kill him I think. Unless he lands a fast H-bomb.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 7:16 pm

I fucking love it now because Strikeforce is heading to ESPN UK cheers
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 5 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 12:55 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/5/18/2177275/ufc-zuffa-completes-takeover-of-strikeforce-wec-staff-at-the-helm
According to MMAPayout sources, May 9th, 2011 was the last day
Strikeforce was an MMA promotion under Silicon Valley Sports &
Entertainment, their previous owners who sold the budding promotion to
Zuffa, LLC. A few days after 5/9, Scott Coker and Peter Dropick met
with the old Strikeforce staff individually to inform them that their
services would no longer be required to avoid operational overlap and
inefficiencies. A couple of staff members were offered positions to join
Zuffa, but accepting the job would required a move to Las Vegas, which
was not seen as a desirable move for those that were already established
in Northern California. Those few opted to stay in the Bay Area
instead. Those that were willing to relocate and accept an offer from
Zuffa were not offered a position.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 5 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 8:20 pm

SF only had a small team of employees, like 15 or so I remember Coker saying. Fact is some were replacable or others offered jobs only unwilling to rearrange their lives for said jobs. No big deal here, everything we've seen so far has been great post merger, and like you really care about some employees whose actual jobs you have no clue about.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 5 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 9:06 pm

LA wrote:
SF only had a small team of employees, like 15 or so I remember Coker saying. Fact is some were replacable or others offered jobs only unwilling to rearrange their lives for said jobs. No big deal here, everything we've seen so far has been great post merger, and like you really care about some employees whose actual jobs you have no clue about.

This happens in most buyouts. No reason to think it'd be any different unless you took the Dana quote about business as usual as something different.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 5 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 9:47 pm

As someone who has had to relocate twice during mergers, I really don't see the vilification of zuffa here. This is literally business as it is done, usually. Bishops as usual indeed.

Edit: lol swype
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 5 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 10:04 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
LA wrote:

This happens in most buyouts. No reason to think it'd be any different unless you took the Dana quote about business as usual as something different.

I have no problem with it, just responding to another post, I'm with ya.

Relocated twice Wolf? damn.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 5 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 10:51 pm

LA wrote:

I didn't say anything about the article, I just posted it here because it was the first merger thread I found.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next