Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trade Deadline!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Trade Deadline! Empty
PostSubject: Trade Deadline!   Trade Deadline! EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 6:08 pm

There was definitely some big names that moved today like Aaron Brooks to the Suns for Goran Draic, Gerald Wallace to the Blazers, Shane Battier to the Grizzles for Thabeet, Kirk Hinrich to the Hawks for Mike Bibby, Baron Davis to the Cavs for Jamario Moon and Mo Williams. Thats some good trades but none is as good as this 1...... Kendrick Perkins and Nate Robinson to OKC for Jeff Green lol. I have no idea what the hell the Celtics were thinking here? The only 1s happier about this trade than me is the Miami Heat lol. Any1 ready to jump on that Heat band wagon? There is still some room.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Trade Deadline! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline!   Trade Deadline! EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 6:11 pm

the celtics had to get rid of him cuz they were gonna lose him anyway after this season, they cant afford to pay him

PS, we have been discussing the trades in the NBA thread right here

https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net/t9926p270-ultimate-nba-discussion

a lot of deals going on today!
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Trade Deadline! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline!   Trade Deadline! EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 6:12 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
the celtics had to get rid of him cuz they were gonna lose him anyway after this season, they cant afford to pay him

PS, we have been discussing the trades in the NBA thread right here
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net/t9926p270-ultimate-nba-discussion

a lot of deals going on today!

Fuck your guys thread lol.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Trade Deadline! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline!   Trade Deadline! EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 6:13 pm

Sad
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Trade Deadline! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline!   Trade Deadline! EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 6:15 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
Sad

Sorry!
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Trade Deadline! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline!   Trade Deadline! EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 6:19 pm

timthebim wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
Sad

Sorry!
its too late, i already gone cut myself!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Trade Deadline! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline!   Trade Deadline! EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 9:04 pm

I loved the Rockets moves. They got ride of a problematic PG that's down from last year for a similar type(lower level currently) prospect with more size and more hunger & a first round draft pick. Then they get ride of a great person and role player that is overpaid & doesn't have a future with us for a 7'3" future DPOY & another draft pick.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Trade Deadline! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline!   Trade Deadline! EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 5:36 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
I loved the Rockets moves. They got ride of a problematic PG that's down from last year for a similar type(lower level currently) prospect with more size and more hunger & a first round draft pick. Then they get ride of a great person and role player that is overpaid & doesn't have a future with us for a 7'3" future DPOY & another draft pick.

They definitely made some good moves but I really love Shane Battier although he has already peaked years ago.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Trade Deadline! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline!   Trade Deadline! EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 5:41 pm

I really liked Jeff Green but he was never a true PF and Ibaka isn't a center. So now Ibaka gets more playing time and at the right position and we got 2 true centers now. So it did help make the Thunder 2 deep at every position.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Trade Deadline! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline!   Trade Deadline! EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 5:43 pm

OU wrote:
I really liked Jeff Green but he was never a true PF and Ibaka isn't a center. So now Ibaka gets more playing time and at the right position and we got 2 true centers now. So it did help make the Thunder 2 deep at every position.

U guys made a great trade but Im not so sure about it for the Celtics. scratch
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Trade Deadline! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline!   Trade Deadline! EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 5:54 pm

timthebim wrote:
OU wrote:

It does make them flexible but it hurts one of their major strengths, size down low. Jeff Green is a very solid player, I didn't want to see him go.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Trade Deadline! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline!   Trade Deadline! EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 8:07 pm

OU wrote:
timthebim wrote:
OU wrote:

It does make them flexible but it hurts one of their major strengths, size down low. Jeff Green is a very solid player, I didn't want to see him go.

As a Heat fan(at least for a little while) I think it hurt the Celtics chances to win a title this season.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Trade Deadline! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline!   Trade Deadline! EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 8:09 pm

I think it hurts them against the Lakers but not against Miami or Chicago, they are looking at not always playing big against those guys.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Trade Deadline! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline!   Trade Deadline! EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 8:10 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I think it hurts them against the Lakers but not against Miami or Chicago, they are looking at not always playing big against those guys.

I think it helps the Heat matchup alittle better with them now then when they had Perkins.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Trade Deadline! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline!   Trade Deadline! EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 8:13 pm

timthebim wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

I think it helps the Heat matchup alittle better with them now then when they had Perkins.

Maybe but Green does help give them a different look vs those kind of teams.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Trade Deadline! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline!   Trade Deadline! EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 8:14 pm

OU wrote:
timthebim wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

Maybe but Green does help give them a different look vs those kind of teams.

Yeah he definitely makes them more athletic.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Trade Deadline! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline!   Trade Deadline! EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 10:14 pm

They got Green because PP and Allen can't handle LeBron & Wade for 7 games. The need more young legs and size to help out. They are hurting with size, but there is a chance Shaq comes back and fills that role.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Trade Deadline! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline!   Trade Deadline! EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 10:26 pm

Shaq is a foul machine now and with Wade and LeBron going to the bucket Shaq will foul out in the 1st half lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trade Deadline! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Deadline!   Trade Deadline! Empty

Back to top Go down

Trade Deadline!
Page 1 of 1