Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gerald Harris...

Go down 
+5
bobbitt15
KingsOwn19
MMAEYES
killerofchicken
boomer sooner
9 posters
AuthorMessage
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

Gerald Harris... Empty
PostSubject: Gerald Harris...   Gerald Harris... EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 2:56 pm

I can't think of another fighter that was so unjustly cut than Harris. Three wins in a row with finishes, one a WWE-style slam, and after one lackluster performance he's out? I was there for the fight and Harris was in survival mode the rest of the fight after surviving a vicious first round flurry from Falcao. What did the UFC brass expect after that? If anything Falcao should have been expected to finish a damaged Harris. Instead he stood in the cage and expected Harris to attack and he to counter. Hope he gets back in there where he deserves.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Gerald Harris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerald Harris...   Gerald Harris... EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 2:58 pm

I agree that the cut was BS, and during the fight every time Harris attacked Falcao countered
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

Gerald Harris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerald Harris...   Gerald Harris... EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 3:07 pm

I completely agree. What happened to Harris was BS Dana cut him just cause he didn't put his chin out their for Falcao to finish him. All Rogan and Goldy did was talk up Falcao you could tell this was suppose to be the big showcase of Falcao but dude didn't deliver. And Harris is somehow to blame.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Gerald Harris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerald Harris...   Gerald Harris... EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 3:10 pm

Jake Rosholt comes to mind.

The fact that Rosholt can't seem to get a gig anywhere else makes it even more unjust, the guy is pretty good. He choked Leben out cold and then lost to Grove, and got cut.

Leites was pretty bad as well.

Harris was HORRIBLE in the fight with Falcao and UFC needed a fall guy...for as boring as Falcao was, Harris was double. I don't buy the whole pushing forward thing. Falcao never deviated from his fight style(which was very un-chute boxe)..Harris got rocked and scared.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Gerald Harris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerald Harris...   Gerald Harris... EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 3:12 pm

I can't believe Jake Rosholt hasn't gotten signed. When did he fight last I wonder?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Gerald Harris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerald Harris...   Gerald Harris... EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 3:15 pm

November against Matt Horwich. He lost.

Horwich also beat Leites who i mentioned in this thread.

Maybe Harris should fight Horwich?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Gerald Harris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerald Harris...   Gerald Harris... EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 3:17 pm

Danillo Villefort was one as well. Lost a fight to Jesse Lennox on a cut caused by an accidental headbutt and he gets cut. He's going to fight Horwich at shark fights 14.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Gerald Harris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerald Harris...   Gerald Harris... EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 3:19 pm

Yeah Leites has been subing fools in the MFC. I'm pretty sure he's still with them
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Gerald Harris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerald Harris...   Gerald Harris... EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 3:34 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Danillo Villefort was one as well. Lost a fight to Jesse Lennox on a cut caused by an accidental headbutt and he gets cut. He's going to fight Horwich at shark fights 14.

That is brutal.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Gerald Harris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerald Harris...   Gerald Harris... EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 3:48 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
I completely agree. What happened to Harris was BS Dana cut him just cause he didn't put his chin out their for Falcao to finish him. All Rogan and Goldy did was talk up Falcao you could tell this was suppose to be the big showcase of Falcao but dude didn't deliver. And Harris is somehow to blame.

I'm pretty sure that fight was supposed to be a showcase of Harris, not the other way around. Then he got tooled
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Gerald Harris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerald Harris...   Gerald Harris... EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 3:53 pm

No, the hype was around Falcao. He was supposed to be the new Wanderlei. There was a big press release at the weigh-ins on it. Not that Harris was supposed to lose or anything, but they were excited to release Falcao. Falcao didn't show an aggressive bone in his body unless Gerald moved forward. There is no way anyone can argue that he was coming forward.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Gerald Harris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerald Harris...   Gerald Harris... EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 3:54 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

I'm pretty sure that fight was supposed to be a showcase of Harris, not the other way around. Then he got tooled

HUH? I guess I could be wrong I have been plenty of times before lol
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Gerald Harris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerald Harris...   Gerald Harris... EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 4:01 pm

Wasn't aware of that. Harris was coming off a Sportscenter slam KO and was making his first main card appearance as like a 3 to 1 favorite. Seemed like his coming out party to me.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

Gerald Harris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerald Harris...   Gerald Harris... EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 6:02 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:

I was there and rosholt was very dominant in the first and faded. Horwich is a beast! that guy was big and ripped in person. He ate porkchops at waffle house the day of the fight while I had my guy eating pancakes and juice
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

Gerald Harris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerald Harris...   Gerald Harris... EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 6:12 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:

I was there and rosholt was very dominant in the first and faded. Horwich is a beast! that guy was big and ripped in person. He ate porkchops at waffle house the day of the fight while I had my guy eating pancakes and juice
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

Gerald Harris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerald Harris...   Gerald Harris... EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 6:32 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

HUH? I guess I could be wrong I have been plenty of times before lol

I took it as a showcase of Harris since he was on a tear. I know they had hyped up Falcao, but I thought he was just a tough guy they brought in because they didn't have a big name to give to Harris.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Gerald Harris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerald Harris...   Gerald Harris... EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 6:44 pm

I think Falcao came in on short notice. It was definetly a showcase for Harris but one hitch in the plan was that Harris sucks.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Gerald Harris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerald Harris...   Gerald Harris... EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:20 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I think Falcao came in on short notice. It was definetly a showcase for Harris but one hitch in the plan was that Harris sucks.

Not too short of notice.
http://mmajunkie.com/news/20638/maiquel-falcao-vs-gerald-harris-in-the-works-for-ufc-123-in-november.mma
by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Sep 14, 2010 at 12:25 pm ET

UFC 123 takes place Nov. 20
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

Gerald Harris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerald Harris...   Gerald Harris... EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:48 pm

Even if it had been short notice Harris fought like wet dogshit in that fight. After the second round neither guy fought with any urgency but the difference is Falcao dominated for a round and edged out another. I agree cutting him was a bit harsh given his prior performances but you have to actually fight if you want to keep a job in the UFC. Neither fighter did anything for the first three minutes of round one, a good 2 minutes of round two was spent much the same way. They only did about 7 minutes of actual fighting if that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gerald Harris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerald Harris...   Gerald Harris... Empty

Back to top Go down

Gerald Harris...
Page 1 of 1