Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult'

Go down 
+3
josh200612
bobbitt15
OU
7 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult' Empty
PostSubject: Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult'   Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult' EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 11:32 am

Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult'   Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult' EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 11:35 am

There's controversy about this? Why
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult'   Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult' EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 11:42 am

He was just being honest. What was he supposed to do lie?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult'   Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult' EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 11:44 am

makes me want to watch the whole movie even more.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult'   Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult' EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 11:46 am

I'm sure he says more after that it was just a clip. I think someone was just trying to stir shit up with that piece.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult'   Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult' EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 11:46 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
There's controversy about this? Why

He's just being honest, I don't have a problem with it. Makes me want to see the entire movie even more.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult'   Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult' EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 11:58 am

Why was he even interviewed if he was "somewhat friendly" with Evan? I don't have a problem with what he said, I think the producers could have just not used Chaels comments in the film. If anyone wants to be mad about this they should be mad at the film makers imo. I mean if the film is suppose to honor Evan than they shouldn't have put this in the film.

I had a friend blow his own head off when I was younger, I believe suicide is the most selfish, childish, most un-adult move ever, but I wouldn't talk about his faults if someone asks me to do an interview for a movie honoring him, even though he had many.

Chael was being honest but why put that in a film honoring Evan? This was a mistake by the film makers imo
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult'   Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult' EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 12:10 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
Why was he even interviewed if he was "somewhat friendly" with Evan? I don't have a problem with what he said, I think the producers could have just not used Chaels comments in the film. If anyone wants to be mad about this they should be mad at the film makers imo. I mean if the film is suppose to honor Evan than they shouldn't have put this in the film.

I had a friend blow his own head off when I was younger, I believe suicide is the most selfish, childish, most un-adult move ever, but I wouldn't talk about his faults if someone asks me to do an interview for a movie honoring him, even though he had many.

Chael was being honest but why put that in a film honoring Evan? This was a mistake by the film makers imo

I love his comments being put in the film. It just makes it more real. Also Evan's death being a "suicide" is up for debate and seems to be a topic in the film as well. I'm glad they seem to be giving a complete view of the story and not just the most flattering side of the story.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult'   Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult' EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 12:12 pm

Lol, why do you guys even believe anything this guy says? He lies about anything so long as it gets him exposure.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult'   Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult' EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 12:14 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Lol, why do you guys even believe anything this guy says? He lies about anything so long as it gets him exposure.

I would like to think that lieing about crazy shit to get your name out there for fights and lieing in a documentary about a fighter that has passed are not the same. But you are right, Chael is a POS so I wouldn't put it past him.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult'   Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult' EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 12:35 pm

OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

I love his comments being put in the film. It just makes it more real. Also Evan's death being a "suicide" is up for debate and seems to be a topic in the film as well. I'm glad they seem to be giving a complete view of the story and not just the most flattering side of the story.

Oh well I thought it was to honor him. If it's just a regular story on Evan than whatever
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult'   Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult' EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 12:38 pm

It's a film over this unordinary man and his unordinary life. I don't want the film to paint him in the best light possible. I want it to be as real and honest as possible.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult'   Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult' EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 12:40 pm

MMAEYES wrote:

A documentary just talking about one part of a person's life and only acknowledging the good = boring
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult'   Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult' EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 12:42 pm

From the director:

Quote :
Regarding Chael, it’s not out of context.
I know a lot of people won’t enjoy certain things that are said about Evan in the film, but I tried to step away from it as a fan and makee the most unbiased product I could. I think that’s how Evan would have wanted it. The good with the bad.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult'   Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult' EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 12:48 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
From the director:

Quote :
Regarding Chael, it’s not out of context.
I know a lot of people won’t enjoy certain things that are said about Evan in the film, but I tried to step away from it as a fan and makee the most unbiased product I could. I think that’s how Evan would have wanted it. The good with the bad.

Good, that is what I thought when watching the clip earlier. Seems like they do mix in the good with the bad.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult'   Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult' EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 12:53 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

A documentary just talking about one part of a person's life and only acknowledging the good = boring

I misunderstood I thought this was suppose to honor him, I just realized that this is just a regular film exploiting the life of a man.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult'   Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult' EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 1:20 pm

"You can tell when an intelligent person talks, and you could tell but talking to him he wasn't an intelligent person"- Chaels comment in the other threads clip. How in the fuck do you get good and bad form that, that's a jab if I've ever heard one. He's an asshole, the film makers are assholes too for putting what Chael said on this imo.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult'   Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult' EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 1:30 pm

They're submitting this to film festivals. You think anyone is going to give a shit about a documentary of some MMA fighter no one has heard of filled with nothing but phony ass comments on how he was the greatest guy ever? Chael knew him and trained with him. He's allowed to have an opinion on the guy that doesn't act like everything was roses
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult'   Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult' EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 1:32 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
They're submitting this to film festivals. You think anyone is going to give a shit about a documentary of some MMA fighter no one has heard of filled with nothing but phony ass comments on how he was the greatest guy ever? Chael knew him and trained with him. He's allowed to have an opinion on the guy that doesn't act like everything was roses

I agree. Chael isn't just another random MMA fighter giving his thoughts. He knew and trained with Evan.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult'   Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult' EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 1:45 pm

Quote :
"To some extent a friendly relationship"

I don't believe that BS for a second.

There is no problem with Cheal giving his opinion. Just like there is no problem in pointing out the guy is a classless sackless shmuck in his delivery of said opinions, as usual.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult'   Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult' EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 1:50 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Quote :
"To some extent a friendly relationship"

I don't believe that BS for a second.

There is no problem with Cheal giving his opinion. Just like there is no problem in pointing out the guy is a classless sackless shmuck in his delivery of said opinions, as usual.

I agree.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult'   Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult' EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 1:59 pm

it is what it is and dont see anything good or bad about it. Just comments that make some since for what it is. Cheal is still a D-bag tho
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult'   Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult' EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 2:50 pm

What credibility does Sonnen have to make any sort of comment regarding anyone?

Sure it adds interest to show multiple sides of a persons character, but could they not find someone with a more solid rep then Sonnen to make such comments?

Guy is about as adult like as a 13 yr old.

Sonnen is a straight idiot, as are the directors for including him.

Im totally tired of Sonnen headlines.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult'   Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult' Empty

Back to top Go down

Chael Sonnen: Evan Tanner was 'irresponsible' and 'didn't act like an adult'
Page 1 of 1