Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions

Go down 
+4
corydd7
LA
Ninja
OU
8 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions   UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 1:16 pm

Slow day. Care to make any predictions on how any of the fights will play out tomorrow?

Here is the entire fight card.
Main Event:

155 lbs.: Melvin Guillard vs. Evan Dunham

Main Card (Televised):

145 lbs.: Mark Hominick vs. George Roop
265 lbs.: Tim Hague vs. Matt Mitrione
265 lbs.: Pat Barry vs. Joey Beltran
155 lbs.: Cole Miller vs. Matt Wiman

Preliminary Card (May not be televised):

170 lbs.: Mike Guymon vs. DaMarques Johnson
155 lbs.: Yves Edwards vs. Cody McKenzie
155 lbs.: Willamy Freire vs. Waylon Lowe
170 lbs.: Amilcar Alves vs. Charlie Brenneman
145 lbs.: Mike Brown vs. Rani Yahya
135 lbs.: Chris Cariaso vs. Will Campuzano
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions   UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 1:20 pm

I think Melvin vs Dunham will be a pretty good fight. But I think Dunham will eventuall catch him in the 3rd round. I'm saying Dunham via RNC.

I think Barry vs Beltran will be a slugfest. Both guys will eat some shots but Barry lands a big one a wins via TKO in round 2.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions   UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 1:29 pm

OU wrote:
I think Melvin vs Dunham will be a pretty good fight. But I think Dunham will eventuall catch him in the 3rd round. I'm saying Dunham via RNC.

I think Meathead vs Beltran will be a slugfest. Both guys will eat some shots but Meathead lands a big one a wins via TKO in round 2.

Meathead already fought and beat Beltran. You are thinking of Mr. Pat Berry.

Last edited by NinjaRua/Fan on Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions   UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 1:30 pm

I think Yves Edwards KO's Cody and wins the bonus for that night.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions   UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 1:31 pm

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
OU wrote:

I think Meathead vs Beltran will be a slugfest. Both guys will eat some shots but Meathead lands a big one a wins via TKO in round 2.

Meathead already fought and beat Beltran.

Damn you Ninja. You caught me before I edited it to Barry. The whole time I was typing Meathead I was thinking Barry.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions   UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 1:32 pm

I wonder how Tim Hague will look, he claims to have lost 30lbs.
http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/columns/story?id=6042729
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions   UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 2:29 pm

Dunham via spider money, feelin RNC or guillotine.
Back to top Go down
corydd7
Green Belt
Green Belt
corydd7

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the name Silva, Chris Leben, Nick Diaz, Don Frye

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions   UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 4:32 pm

I hope Hominink looks good, when he's on its always fun to watch him on his feet. Could be a FOTN.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions   UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 5:06 pm

OU wrote:
Slow day. Care to make any predictions on how any of the fights will play out tomorrow?

Here is the entire fight card.
Main Event:

155 lbs.: Melvin Guillard vs. Evan Dunham

Main Card (Televised):

145 lbs.: Mark Hominick vs. George Roop
265 lbs.: Tim Hague vs. Matt Mitrione
265 lbs.: Pat Barry vs. Joey Beltran
155 lbs.: Cole Miller vs. Matt Wiman

Preliminary Card (May not be televised):

170 lbs.: Mike Guymon vs. DaMarques Johnson
155 lbs.: Yves Edwards vs. Cody McKenzie
155 lbs.: Willamy Freire vs. Waylon Lowe
170 lbs.: Amilcar Alves vs. Charlie Brenneman
145 lbs.: Mike Brown vs. Rani Yahya
135 lbs.: Chris Cariaso vs. Will Campuzano
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions   UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 5:24 pm

lol soko, I'm not asking for your pickem. Tell me more then who will win. YOU CAN DO IT!
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions   UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 8:59 pm

I think Cole Miller and Matt Wiman could be fight of the night. Nobody is really talking about this fight but it should be a very good 1.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions   UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 9:03 pm

Night Bonuses
Fight- Melvin vs Dunham
Sub- Dunham(double bonus)
KO- Yves Edwards
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions   UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 9:07 pm

OU wrote:
Night Bonuses
Fight- Melvin vs Dunham
KO- Yves Edwards

Fight-Cole vs Wiman
Sub-Cole
KO-Tim Hague
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions   UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 11:12 am

OU wrote:
Night Bonuses
Fight- Melvin vs Dunham
KO- Yves Edwards

Well I was right about Sub and Fight of the Night were the same fight and I was right about Edwards winning a bonus. Just had things mixed up a little bit lol
http://mmajunkie.com/news/22185/ufc-fight-night-23-bonuses-guillard-edwards-mckenzie-earn-30k-awards.mma

Melvin Guillard, Yves Edwards and Cody McKenzie each earned $30,000 "Fight Night" bonuses for their performances at Saturday's "UFC Fight Night 23: UFC Fight for the Troops 2" event.

Guillard earned the night's "Knockout of the Night" award, Edwards got the "Submission of the Night" bonus and a "Fight of the Night" award, which also went to opponent McKenzie.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions   UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 11:14 am

i went out on a limb picking cody, he almost tapped edwards too!
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions   UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 11:15 am

killerofchicken wrote:
i went out on a limb picking cody, he almost tapped edwards too!

when? closest he came that I saw was when he had his back and only had one hook in. You can't prayer choke from the back.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions   UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 11:18 am

having the back in itself is a dangerous enough position, anything can happen from there and edwards used his experience to get out of it
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions   UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 11:22 am

killerofchicken wrote:
having the back in itself is a dangerous enough position, anything can happen from there and edwards used his experience to get out of it

Yeah but he was never really that close to tapping Yves.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions   UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 11:28 am

Yeah he never even went for the rear naked choke, all he was trying to do was soften yves up and get his hooks in but couldn't do it so he rolled to try and get mount. Thats when things went awry.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions   UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 11:31 am

Ludo wrote:
Yeah he never even went for the rear naked choke, all he was trying to do was soften yves up and get his hooks in but couldn't do it so he rolled to try and get mount. Thats when things went awry.

Yeah Cody did land some decent GnP at one point in the fight. He looked better then I expected him too.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions   UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 5:32 pm

OU wrote:
lol soko, I'm not asking for your pickem. Tell me more then who will win. YOU CAN DO IT!

Hey I did get the main card right 5-0
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions   UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 6:10 pm

sokolkevin wrote:
OU wrote:

Hey I did get the main card right 5-0

nicely played.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions   UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC Fight for the Troops 2 Predictions
Page 1 of 1