Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Swick-Mitchell off Fight for the Troops

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Swick-Mitchell off Fight for the Troops Empty
PostSubject: Swick-Mitchell off Fight for the Troops   Swick-Mitchell off Fight for the Troops EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 6:52 pm

http://mmaweekly.com/david-mitchell-out-of-ufc-fight-for-the-troops-fight-with-mike-swick-due-to-injury

Quote :
It appears David Mitchell will to wait a little while longer for the chance to get his first UFC win. The California fighter has been forced to withdraw from his upcoming fight against Mike Swick at the UFC Fight for the Troops show on Jan. 22.

MMAWeekly.com confirmed Mitchell’s withdraw from the fight due to a shoulder injury on Thursday.

Mitchell made his debut back in September, but came up short in his fight against Anthony Waldburger. It was the first loss of his MMA career.

Looking to bounce back, Mitchell was scheduled to take on Swick in January, but the injury will put him on the sidelines until later in 2011.

UPDATE: Mike Swick has now confirmed that he will actually not be fighting a replacement and will be removed from the Jan 22 card as well.

Swick posted an update on his official Facebook page, and also verified with MMAWeekly.com directly.

“Not fighting on January 22nd,” Swick wrote. I got the call yesterday that David Mitchell backed out due to an injury and considering my current situation we opted to put off the fight all together. I have been dealing with with my esophageal condition this whole camp and its taken a toll on my body. I will need more time to seek better treatment to ensure I can compete at this level.”

There’s been no further word on when Swick or Mitchell could be back in action in 2011.

Seems like such a short time ago that Swick was a win over Hardy away from a likely title shot
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Swick-Mitchell off Fight for the Troops Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swick-Mitchell off Fight for the Troops   Swick-Mitchell off Fight for the Troops EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 6:57 pm

I was looking forward to seeing Swick again so that sucks alittle.
Back to top Go down

Swick-Mitchell off Fight for the Troops
Page 1 of 1