Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The most boring fighter in MMA

Go down 
+12
KingsOwn19
hasudinxx
CainVelasquezFan
LTFG
OU
chorky777
captain organic
Farmer1906
Wolfgangsta
Bigs03
SOKO
franklinfan2
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
franklinfan2
Green Belt
Green Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rich Franklin duh!

The most boring fighter in MMA Empty
PostSubject: The most boring fighter in MMA   The most boring fighter in MMA EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 8:06 am

I know he's a great guy but Rob McCullough is by far the most boring fighter in MMA. I can understand fighters being careful but he goes way overboard. I hope they never put him on a card in Philly.

Who do you think is the most boring fighter?
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: The most boring fighter in MMA   The most boring fighter in MMA EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 8:42 am

as much as I like guida for the warrior he is I just cant stand to see his fights sometimes. If he could finish a few it would change my mind.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: The most boring fighter in MMA   The most boring fighter in MMA EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 9:31 am

Nowadays??? Matt Hughes.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: The most boring fighter in MMA   The most boring fighter in MMA EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 11:52 am

Clay is always in wars. You b trippin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: The most boring fighter in MMA   The most boring fighter in MMA EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 11:59 am

Hughes and Guida have put on a ton of great exciting fights. Those are probably the 2 worst answers I've seen.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: The most boring fighter in MMA   The most boring fighter in MMA EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 12:11 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Hughes and Guida have put on a ton of great exciting fights. Those are probably the 2 worst answers I've seen.

Of course Hughes has put on exciting fights in the past...right now he's boring, as boring as it gets. You're a Hughes homer and there's nothing wrong with that but the bottom line is that he's become a lay n pray fighter.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: The most boring fighter in MMA   The most boring fighter in MMA EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 12:14 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Of course Hughes has put on exciting fights in the past...right now he's boring, as boring as it gets. You're a Hughes homer and there's nothing wrong with that but the bottom line is that he's become a lay n pray fighter.

Outside of the Serra fight what Hughes fight was boring?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: The most boring fighter in MMA   The most boring fighter in MMA EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 12:21 pm

The Lytle one too, but other than those 2 his entire career is full of nothing but exciting fights winning or losing them. And it is hard to give Hughes too much crap for the Serra fight because he took a pretty bad headbutt in the first round.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: The most boring fighter in MMA   The most boring fighter in MMA EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 12:57 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

Guida's fights against Danzig and Diaz were pretty boring. The Diaz fight was entertaining while in the standup and Nate was beating his azz, which made Guida's lay n Pray in that fight all the more frustrating.

Guida gets a pass at the moment because of the Diego fight, but I'd argue it was Diego's offense, coupled with Guida's chin that made that a great fight, cause Guida didn't do much offensively in that fight either.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The most boring fighter in MMA   The most boring fighter in MMA EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 1:02 pm

I watched his fight with Huerta along with War Machine Jared Rollins steal the show from Floyd in a sports bar for many fans. War Gieco.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: The most boring fighter in MMA   The most boring fighter in MMA EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 1:05 pm

Guida v Griffin was epic. That may be my 2nd favorite fight of all time.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: The most boring fighter in MMA   The most boring fighter in MMA EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 2:00 pm

I'd have to say Gray Maynard is up there.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The most boring fighter in MMA   The most boring fighter in MMA EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 2:03 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

It was also a very bad decision. I wanted Griffin to win, but Guida should have got the nod.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: The most boring fighter in MMA   The most boring fighter in MMA EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 2:09 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

It was also a very bad decision. I wanted Griffin to win, but Guida should have got the nod.

I have to agree that Guida should have gotten the decision, but it was close enough to go either way.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: The most boring fighter in MMA   The most boring fighter in MMA EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 2:36 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
The Lytle one too, but other than those 2 his entire career is full of nothing but exciting fights winning or losing them. And it is hard to give Hughes too much crap for the Serra fight because he took a pretty bad headbutt in the first round.

OK, so basically his last 4 fights. The two fights in between the Lytle and Serra fights he got his ass handed to him by two fighters who were so much better than him at this point that he couldn't lay n pray.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: The most boring fighter in MMA   The most boring fighter in MMA EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 3:01 pm

Coin flip fellows... Randleman or my local boy Lindland...

In the rare occasion that Randleman isn't getting his ass kicked, he's boring us to a decision or lulling his opponent to sleep (Those aren't really submissions or TKO's if the guys already asleep, right?).

Lindland doesn't need an explanation. Just watch... If you can stay awake...

Maynard isn't too far behind... And prior to him suddenly thinking he has good hands, Sherk "was" right there as well.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The most boring fighter in MMA   The most boring fighter in MMA EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 3:14 pm

Fedor is the most boring fighter in MMA. How interested can you be in the fight when already know the winner? Let me go out on a limb here and say the winner of Fedor's next fight will be...Fedor.
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: The most boring fighter in MMA   The most boring fighter in MMA EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 4:03 pm

Huerta vs. Guida and Griffin vs. Guida is what stopping me from calling guida the most boring fighter...
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: The most boring fighter in MMA   The most boring fighter in MMA EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 4:07 pm

CainVelasquezFan wrote:
Huerta vs. Guida and Griffin vs. Guida is what stopping me from calling guida the most boring fighter...

Sanchez v. Guida was no snooze fest...
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: The most boring fighter in MMA   The most boring fighter in MMA EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 4:11 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
CainVelasquezFan wrote:

Sanchez v. Guida was no snooze fest...

forgot that one too my bad..that was a great fight... ok maybe i hate the guy for diaz fight
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: The most boring fighter in MMA   The most boring fighter in MMA EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 4:34 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Fedor is the most boring fighter in MMA. How interested can you be in the fight when already know the winner? Let me go out on a limb here and say the winner of Fedor's next fight will be...Fedor.

Does that make Spider, GSP and Machida boring as well?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The most boring fighter in MMA   The most boring fighter in MMA EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 4:42 pm

captain organic wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

No, they fight better competition. By the way I was only kidding.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: The most boring fighter in MMA   The most boring fighter in MMA EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 4:54 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
captain organic wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

No, they fight better competition. By the way I was only kidding.

I knew the point you were trying to make. But I don't know if Cote and Lietes are better comp then Fedor's recent opponent's. Heck is Forrest a tougher opponent then Grim?

Prior to the KO, one could certainly say AA was a tougher opponent then anyone in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: The most boring fighter in MMA   The most boring fighter in MMA EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 7:48 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

OK, so basically his last 4 fights. The two fights in between the Lytle and Serra fights he got his ass handed to him by two fighters who were so much better than him at this point that he couldn't lay n pray.

Uhh how on earth did you think Hughes-Avlez and Hughes-GSP III were not exciting???
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The most boring fighter in MMA   The most boring fighter in MMA EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 9:17 pm

Ground fighters and wrestlers getting called boring by some guys is to be expected. Isn't this what we've been dealing with for 10 years?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The most boring fighter in MMA   The most boring fighter in MMA Empty

Back to top Go down

The most boring fighter in MMA
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next