Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return

Go down 
+3
LA
timthebim
bobbitt15
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return Empty
PostSubject: Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return   Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 5:22 pm

http://mmaweekly.com/shane-carwin-back-in-training-shooting-for-may-return-to-the-ufc

Quote :
According to his manager, Carwin is back in the gym and shooting for a return to action around the month of May, which could potentially bring him into the fold for the scheduled Memorial Day weekend card. MMAWeekly.com first reported the card with the addition of the fight between Thiago Alves and Rick Story being planned for the show.

Also a new addition to Camp Carwin will be strength and conditioning coach Jonathan Chaimberg, who will also oversee his diet as he comes back from the injury. Chaimberg works with several top flight UFC fighters including welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre and lightweight contender Kenny Florian.

No opponent has been determined as of yet when Carwin returns, but with heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez on the sidelines for at least half of 2011, there are a bevy of choices for who the Grudge Team fighter could face upon his return.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return   Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 5:26 pm

Thats great news that carwin will be back soon.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return   Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 5:52 pm

Carwin vs Mir II

Brock vs JDS
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return   Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 5:54 pm

I think Mir wants any part of that lol
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return   Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 7:55 pm

Man I want to see the Carwin vs Brock rematch in the worst way.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return   Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 7:56 pm

LA wrote:
Carwin vs Mir II

Brock vs JDS

Mini tourney for the interim.
Back to top Go down
JerseyStyle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return   Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 7:58 pm

captain organic wrote:
Man I want to see the Carwin vs Brock rematch in the worst way.

LMAO I bet Brock doesn't want to see it.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return   Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 8:45 pm

captain organic wrote:
LA wrote:
Carwin vs Mir II

Brock vs JDS

You know they easily could setup a tourney, it'd make sense too with the Champ sidelined in this case for possibly a year

Possible matchups not taking into account bracketing could be

Brock vs Roy
Cop vs Nog II
JDS vs Schaub
Mir vs Carwin

Or you could use Rothwell, Struve, Kongo ect in fights.

But they won't go that route obviously.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return   Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 9:38 pm

LA wrote:
captain organic wrote:
LA wrote:
Carwin vs Mir II

Brock vs JDS

You know they easily could setup a tourney, it'd make sense too with the Champ sidelined in this case for possibly a year

Possible matchups not taking into account bracketing could be

Brock vs Roy
Cop vs Nog II
JDS vs Schaub
Mir vs Carwin

Or you could use Rothwell, Struve, Kongo ect in fights.

But they won't go that route obviously.

I think just a 4 man mini tourney to determine an interim title holder would be sweet. I had thought this when the Cain news broke.

Though now, given that SF is holding a full scale tourney to determine the actual champion, the mini tourney would pale in comparison.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return   Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 9:44 pm

A tourney of Carwin, Lesnar, JDS, and Mir wouldn't really pale in comparison IMO no matter how many people are involved
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return   Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 9:49 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
A tourney of Carwin, Lesnar, JDS, and Mir wouldn't really pale in comparison IMO no matter how many people are involved

It would. It lacks a full rnd, it doesn't involve the UFC's best fighter, it doesn't crown a champ.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return   Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 9:51 pm

Eh, I would be more interested in any of those fights above more than the SF tourney outside of a Reem-Fedor matchup. Sure it wouldn't crown a champ, but its not like the SF belt means shit anyway. Maybe it will actually hold some meaning after this tournament is over
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return   Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 10:21 pm

Pale in comparison? Just tryng to get a reaction....

But in the UFC case a touney actually makes sense, that'd be a great tourney 4 or 8.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return   Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 10:23 pm

I would love to see a 8 man tourney.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return   Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 10:26 pm

I wouldn't mind an 8 man tourney but just a 4 man with the biggest contenders would work out pretty well most likely with the timing of Cain coming back. The only thing I don't like about it is I think Mir would get his ass beaten by any of the other 3
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return   Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 10:28 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
I wouldn't mind an 8 man tourney but just a 4 man with the biggest contenders would work out pretty well most likely with the timing of Cain coming back. The only thing I don't like about it is I think Mir would get his ass beaten by any of the other 3

I agree 100 percent.
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return   Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 2:22 am

Quote :
According to his manager, Carwin is back in the gym and shooting for a return to action around the month of May

So he has not been to the gym in the last 6 months? lazy ass
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return   Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 10:15 am

redvexx8 wrote:
Quote :
According to his manager, Carwin is back in the gym and shooting for a return to action around the month of May

He has been injuried.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return   Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 10:19 am

redvexx8 wrote:
Quote :

i hope this is sarcasm lol
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return   Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 10:21 am

killerofchicken wrote:
redvexx8 wrote:
Quote :

i hope this is sarcasm lol

Me 2 but I doubt it lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return   Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return Empty

Back to top Go down

Carwin returns to training; hopes for May return
Page 1 of 1