Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Crusher vs Gilbert

Go down 
+3
bobbitt15
Birdofthad
Ninja
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Crusher vs Gilbert Empty
PostSubject: Crusher vs Gilbert   Crusher vs Gilbert EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 3:55 pm

I think this rematch has to be made. Josh Thomson was in line to face Gilbert if he won against Crusher. Since Josh lost decisively and Gilbert really has no one to face at 155 I think Crusher should be brought over to Strikefore.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Crusher vs Gilbert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusher vs Gilbert   Crusher vs Gilbert EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 4:00 pm

without a doubt again i agree but i honestly think UFC needs to sign Krusher

was I the only guy on pick em to pick Hioki and Kawajiri???
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Crusher vs Gilbert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusher vs Gilbert   Crusher vs Gilbert EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 4:01 pm

styles make fights and while Aoki owned Kawajiri i think Kawajiri is definitely more prepared for Gil Milendez
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Crusher vs Gilbert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusher vs Gilbert   Crusher vs Gilbert EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 4:06 pm

I agree bird. I think Crusher will be the best Japanese LW to traslate to the States. Even though Shinya Aoki tapped Kawajiri in the blink of an eye. Aoki is an awesome grappler, but, because of Aoki's lame stand-up game and chinniness, he's always going to bounce back and forth between tapping elite fighters like Kawajiri and Eddie Alvarez, and getting KO'd by guys like "Jienotsu." Kawajiri's toughness and overall MMA game offers him a level of stability that a guy like Aoki doesn't have.

Last edited by NinjaRua/Fan on Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Crusher vs Gilbert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusher vs Gilbert   Crusher vs Gilbert EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 4:08 pm

agree, I mean honestly who over here in the states is going to jump for a heel hook in the first 20 seconds? Other than Ken vs Franklin I cant think of anyone doing it, Kawajiri could really cross over well in the states especially if he is matched right

its becoming clear Aoki will never be able to compete against a striker that can avoid the ground and its sad because damn his submissions are sick
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Crusher vs Gilbert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusher vs Gilbert   Crusher vs Gilbert EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 4:09 pm

even more impressive considering i thought he woul be shelved for a while after that Aoki heel hook bounces back and beats a guy like Josh Thomson, if that doesnt show hes legit i dont know what does
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Crusher vs Gilbert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusher vs Gilbert   Crusher vs Gilbert EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 5:16 pm

Ha, I was just about to start this same thread last night and ask how people thought it would go down. I agree that I'd like to see Kawajiri make his way to the States and after last night a fight with Gil would be logical
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Crusher vs Gilbert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusher vs Gilbert   Crusher vs Gilbert EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 5:54 pm

this fight needs to happen, who else in SF is gonna fight Gil
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

Crusher vs Gilbert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusher vs Gilbert   Crusher vs Gilbert EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 6:13 pm

Gil will have a tougher fight against Crusher, but I think he wins it in almost the same dominant fashion. Josh held his own against Kawajiri and the fight was pretty close imo. I had Kawajiri winning, but not by that much. Nice Judo and sub attempts by crusher, but Josh beat him up pretty good in that fight.

Those weak Judo trips and throws won't work against Gil.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Crusher vs Gilbert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusher vs Gilbert   Crusher vs Gilbert EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 6:39 pm

Not digging the fact that Crusher's skills, which consisted of takedowns, maintaining top control and nothing more, are considered the best suited to compete in US MMA.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Crusher vs Gilbert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusher vs Gilbert   Crusher vs Gilbert EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 7:52 pm

See Okami..........
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Crusher vs Gilbert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusher vs Gilbert   Crusher vs Gilbert EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 8:06 pm

captain organic wrote:
Not digging the fact that Crusher's skills, which consisted of takedowns, maintaining top control and nothing more, are considered the best suited to compete in US MMA.

Thomson has a good defensive guard. He was still ragdolled in that fight impressively
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Crusher vs Gilbert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusher vs Gilbert   Crusher vs Gilbert EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 8:06 pm

Crusher didn't do shit from the top for most of the fight. I know he won the fight, but I was more imprezzed with Thomson.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Crusher vs Gilbert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusher vs Gilbert   Crusher vs Gilbert EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 8:07 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
captain organic wrote:

Thomson has a good defensive guard. He was still ragdolled in that fight impressively

I suggest you wath the fight again without your Kawajiri glasses on. He got beat up in that fight even if he did get many TD's and stayed in control for the most part. I think the fight was very close.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Crusher vs Gilbert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusher vs Gilbert   Crusher vs Gilbert EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 8:11 pm

Kawajiri abused him in the clinch and mounted him like 6 times. Thomson landed 1 or 2 nice hammerfists from the bottom that opened up Crusher's nose in the first round
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Crusher vs Gilbert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusher vs Gilbert   Crusher vs Gilbert EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 8:24 pm

Like I said, Kawajiri was able to get takedowns and maintain top control, but n terms of actual offense, there was very little.

It's unfortunate that these are considered the skills necessary to compete with the top of the division.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Crusher vs Gilbert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusher vs Gilbert   Crusher vs Gilbert EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 8:25 pm

It's about winning fights
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Crusher vs Gilbert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusher vs Gilbert   Crusher vs Gilbert EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 8:26 pm

Well it was also only one fight. Kawajiri is known for having some nice GnP, but Thomson has an active guard that makes being able to accomplish much from the top pretty difficult. Kudos to him for that, but Kawajiri being able to toss someone like Josh around was the most impressive part of the fight to me and has me wanting to see a fight with Gil
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Crusher vs Gilbert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusher vs Gilbert   Crusher vs Gilbert EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 8:31 pm

LA wrote:
It's about winning fights

Sure for the fighter.

But for me, the viewer, it's not something Im dieing to invest my time or $$$ on.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Crusher vs Gilbert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusher vs Gilbert   Crusher vs Gilbert EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 8:33 pm

I can appreciate fighters fighting to their stengths or opponents weaknesses, and fighting smart.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Crusher vs Gilbert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusher vs Gilbert   Crusher vs Gilbert EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 8:35 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Well it was also only one fight. Kawajiri is known for having some nice GnP, but Thomson has an active guard that makes being able to accomplish much from the top pretty difficult. Kudos to him for that, but Kawajiri being able to toss someone like Josh around was the most impressive part of the fight to me and has me wanting to see a fight with Gil

I don't deny it was a quality win over good opponent. But scintillating it was not.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Crusher vs Gilbert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusher vs Gilbert   Crusher vs Gilbert EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 8:38 pm

LA wrote:
I can appreciate fighters fighting to their stengths or opponents weaknesses, and fighting smart.

meh, top control fights with little offense are boring imo.

In the 1 minutes worth of standup Thomson delivered more damage then Crusher did in 10+ minutes of top control.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Crusher vs Gilbert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusher vs Gilbert   Crusher vs Gilbert EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 8:42 pm

You also have a special place for SF guys Very Happy

I thought it was Crsuher all day and can appreciate how he controlled Thomson, you have a standing disadvantage, don't fight the fight there.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Crusher vs Gilbert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusher vs Gilbert   Crusher vs Gilbert EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 8:51 pm

LA wrote:
You also have a special place for SF guys Very Happy

I thought it was Crsuher all day and can appreciate how he controlled Thomson, you have a standing disadvantage, don't fight the fight there.

Im not arguing that Thomson won. He obviously didn't. totally agree that it's on him to keep the fight standing, and this is something he has always had problems with.

Im just making the general statement of my dislike for boring top controllers being so successful.

I prefer the fight aspect of MMA, more then the sport aspect of MMA.

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Crusher vs Gilbert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusher vs Gilbert   Crusher vs Gilbert EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 8:54 pm

LA is right Crusher dominated THomson, you can say well Thomson landed 5 really good punches, it doesnt matter, Kawajiri controlled him.

Beast take your Thomson glasses off

Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crusher vs Gilbert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusher vs Gilbert   Crusher vs Gilbert Empty

Back to top Go down

Crusher vs Gilbert
Page 1 of 1