Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rhadi Ferguson vs. Ion Cherdivara added to Strikeforce Challengers 13

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Rhadi Ferguson vs. Ion Cherdivara added to Strikeforce Challengers 13 Empty
PostSubject: Rhadi Ferguson vs. Ion Cherdivara added to Strikeforce Challengers 13   Rhadi Ferguson vs. Ion Cherdivara added to Strikeforce Challengers 13 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 12:31 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/21810/rhadi-ferguson-vs-ion-cherdivara-added-to-strikeforce-challengers-13.mma
Four-time judo national champion and 2004 U.S. Olympian Rhadi Ferguson (2-0 MMA, 0-0 SF) meets fellow undefeated light heavyweight Ion Cherdivara (1-0 MMA, 0-0 SF) next month at Strikeforce Challengers 13.

Officials today announced the fight.

Strikeforce Challengers 13 takes place Jan. 7 at Nashville Municipal Auditorium in Tennessee. The main card, including Ferguson vs. Cherdivara, airs on Showtime.

Both Ferguson and Cherdivara make their promotional debuts.
Dr. Ferguson, who owns a Ph.D. in education (as well as an undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering), is a longtime martial artist who began judo as a 7 year old. In addition to that black belt, he also owns one in Brazilian jiu jitsu. The cousin of former EliteXC/UFC fighter Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson, Rhadi Ferguson made his pro MMA debut in August and his since posted a seven-second TKO win over Darryell Perry and an 81-second TKO victory over Jeremy Boczulak. Both opponents were making their pro debuts.

"I don't think MMA is ever a natural transition," Ferguson said. "I did judo. I did BJJ. I'm a strength-and-conditioning coach and a judo coach for some top MMA fighters. After training these guys for a while, the sport caught me a little bit. I'm 35, but I feel like I still have some stuff in the tank. I'm satisfied with my athletic career, but I wouldn't mind putting the Strikeforce light-heavyweight title on my mantel."
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Rhadi Ferguson vs. Ion Cherdivara added to Strikeforce Challengers 13   Rhadi Ferguson vs. Ion Cherdivara added to Strikeforce Challengers 13 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 7:25 pm

Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Rhadi Ferguson vs. Ion Cherdivara added to Strikeforce Challengers 13   Rhadi Ferguson vs. Ion Cherdivara added to Strikeforce Challengers 13 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 9:58 pm

looks like this fight will bump Coy vs Moore, which is a WTF? move.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rhadi Ferguson vs. Ion Cherdivara added to Strikeforce Challengers 13   Rhadi Ferguson vs. Ion Cherdivara added to Strikeforce Challengers 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rhadi Ferguson vs. Ion Cherdivara added to Strikeforce Challengers 13
Page 1 of 1