Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DA wants to prosecute 17 year old wrestler for sexual battery for"Butt Drag" move

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

DA wants to prosecute 17 year old wrestler for sexual battery for"Butt Drag" move Empty
PostSubject: DA wants to prosecute 17 year old wrestler for sexual battery for"Butt Drag" move   DA wants to prosecute 17 year old wrestler for sexual battery for"Butt Drag" move EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 12:32 pm

http://www.fresnobee.com/2010/12/07/2189445/da-offers-a-deal-to-wrestler.html

DA offers wrestler deal in sexual battery case
Posted at 11:32 PM on Tuesday, Dec. 07, 2010
By Pablo Lopez / The Fresno Bee
Share25

* Story Fresno court case alarms wrestling community
* Story Wrestling dispute begs for sense

Was Clovis wrestler's legal move an illegal act?

In a crowded gym during practice in front of parents and coaches, the Buchanan High School wrestler tackled a teammate and executed a move his coaches taught him.

He inserted his fingers between the boy's buttocks.

It's called the "butt drag," in which a wrestler grabs a rival's butt cheek and puts fingers in the anus to get leverage. The move is widely used at matches around the country and has been around for decades.

Prosecutors have offered a deal to a California teen wrestler charged with sexual battery for ramming his fingers into the rectum of his high school opponent during a practice match.

The 17-year-old Clovis youth, who has been expelled by the school, faces trial in Fresno on Thursday.

Clovis police say the July penetration incident led to the charge, but defense lawyer Stephen Quade says the teenager used a legitimate wrestling move called the "butt drag"

I suppose it's too late for apologies and rational discussion in the case of the wrestling move that Clovis police and the Fresno County District Attorney's Office say was sexual battery.

We're not much for letting principals, parents, coaches and young people work things out for the benefit of all parties these days. Instead, we're quick to call the cops or the lawyers or the media and move school disputes into the public arena -- where opinions form hard and fast and students may lose their privacy.

If you missed the story, here's the summary. A former Buchanan High School wrestler is headed to a juvenile court trial Thursday on allegations that he committed a misdemeanor on a younger teammate by performing a "butt drag" during a practice session last summer.

The pending trial of a former Buchanan High wrestler charged with a sex crime has many in the community alarmed about the sport's already fragile future.

"This isn't good," Sunnyside High coach David Wheeler said Monday. "California has lost college wrestling programs at Fresno State and UC Davis. We don't need any bad attention to the sport if we want to keep it going."

Preston Hill, the former Buchanan senior who has since been expelled, faces a sexual battery charge after police say he rammed two fingers into a teammate's anus during a wrestling practice last summer. The trial begins Thursday in Fresno County Superior Court.

What an absolutely disgusting move in a sport (wrestling) and what is even more disgusting is that the coaches and parents are condoning the so-called "butt drag."

Have they ever thought about the diseases being spread around? I don't think there is another sport in the world where they put a finger in somebody's anus to win. If there is one, please do not enlighten me.

The Fresno County District Attorney's Office is having second thoughts about prosecuting a Buchanan High School wrestler for sexual battery.

Preston Hill, 17, is due to go on trial Thursday. Clovis police and the alleged victim said Preston rammed two fingers into the teammate's anus during wrestling practice in July. Preston's attorney says he used a legitimate wrestling move called the "butt drag."

Amid a public uproar over the case that began after The Bee reported it on Sunday, prosecutors met with Preston's attorney on Tuesday to offer a deal: The case would be dismissed if Preston -- who has been expelled from Buchanan -- stayed out of trouble for several months.

Unlike most such deals, it would not require Preston to admit guilt.

But Stephen Quade, who represents Preston, said his client will likely reject the offer because he didn't do anything wrong.

The Fresno County District Attorney's Office has offered to dismiss a sexual battery charge against Preston Hill, 17 (pictured with his mother, Kirsten Hill). The Buchanan High School student was charged in connection with a wrestling move called a "butt drag" during a team practice.

Banks Forced To Forgive Credit Card DebtBanks Forced To Forgive Credit Card DebtNew Credit Laws Allow Hanford Consumers to Reduce Debt up to 60%...Hanford Mom's $5 Wrinkle TrickHanford Mom's $5 Wrinkle TrickDermatologists DON'T want you knowing about this Skin Care Secret!Hanford Job Scam (EXPOSED)Hanford Job Scam (EXPOSED)We investigate work at home jobs and what we found may shock you!Ads by Yabuka
Quantcast

Quade said he is prepared to go to trial.

Complicating the case is an apparent disagreement within the District Attorney's Office about how to proceed.

A person with detailed knowledge of the case, speaking on condition of anonymity, said prosecutor Elana Smith is resisting instructions from her boss, District Attorney Elizabeth Egan, to drop the case.

Egan declined to comment Tuesday. Smith could not be reached.

But the source said Smith, a 12-year-veteran of the District Attorney's Office, is willing to stake her reputation -- and her job -- on the case. "She believes a crime has been committed, and she won't back down," the source said.

If the case goes to trial, a key issue is whether the conduct meets the legal definition of sexual battery. That could hinge on the question of whether Preston had threatened the boy.

The boy told police that Preston made a threatening gesture -- he inserted two fingers into a circle formed by his other hand -- indicating "he was going to place his fingers up his butt," the police report stated.

Preston has denied making the gesture, and Quade has said no one else saw him doing it. But the source said Smith recently found a witness -- another student -- who can corroborate the 14-year-old's account about the gesture.

Quade said the offer to conditionally dismiss the case came from Assistant District Attorney Lisa Gamoian and Rudy Carrillo, a chief deputy district attorney. Gamoian and Carrillo are Smith's supervisors. Smith was not present at the meeting, he said.

Quade said the offer was better than the one made several months ago, but declined to give details. Preston rejected the earlier offer, Quade said.

The case against Preston has drawn widespread attention because Preston and his parents contend their son, a senior, was using a legitimate wrestling move on the boy, a freshman at Buchanan High.

They said Clovis wrestling coaches taught Preston the move, known as a "butt drag," and that he used the move during practice in front of coaches, teammates and parents.

In general, the butt drag requires a wrestler to grab a rival's butt cheek to get leverage. Local coaches say anal penetration can occur accidentally, but should never be done on purpose. The move is widely used at matches around the country and has been around for decades, authorities say.

Ross Rice, father of the alleged victim, said Preston is a bully who targeted his son because the boy stood up to Preston during an earlier encounter.

Because of the incident, Rice said, Preston's friends continue to tease his son at school. The boy also didn't go out for the wrestling team, his father said.

Rice said Tuesday that Smith contacted him and told him that the trial might be delayed, but she didn't say anything about dropping the case.

"She's a fighter," Rice said. "She's not going to give up on my son."

Read more: http://www.fresnobee.com/2010/12/07/2189445/da-offers-a-deal-to-wrestler.html#ixzz17XRbnRFD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

DA wants to prosecute 17 year old wrestler for sexual battery for"Butt Drag" move Empty
PostSubject: Re: DA wants to prosecute 17 year old wrestler for sexual battery for"Butt Drag" move   DA wants to prosecute 17 year old wrestler for sexual battery for"Butt Drag" move EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 12:40 pm

Butt drag was not acceptable on my team. You were likely to get a forearm to your mouth for that shit, or worse. There were some heated exchanges at practice over this.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: DA wants to prosecute 17 year old wrestler for sexual battery for"Butt Drag" move   DA wants to prosecute 17 year old wrestler for sexual battery for"Butt Drag" move EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 12:41 pm

da fuck?

i dont approve of the butt drag
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: DA wants to prosecute 17 year old wrestler for sexual battery for"Butt Drag" move   DA wants to prosecute 17 year old wrestler for sexual battery for"Butt Drag" move EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 12:42 pm

Sexual Battery? It's no joke. It's forever.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: DA wants to prosecute 17 year old wrestler for sexual battery for"Butt Drag" move   DA wants to prosecute 17 year old wrestler for sexual battery for"Butt Drag" move EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 12:45 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Sexual Battery? It's no joke. It's forever.

I should clarify. The charge is a joke. I'm just stating that move is a bitch move and on my team you would have a problem if you used it. A problem that would be delt with lol
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: DA wants to prosecute 17 year old wrestler for sexual battery for"Butt Drag" move   DA wants to prosecute 17 year old wrestler for sexual battery for"Butt Drag" move EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 12:47 pm

Never happend to me, but I've seen it done. Still wrestling is not a sexual thing. It's close combat. The greeks used to do it naked lol.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: DA wants to prosecute 17 year old wrestler for sexual battery for"Butt Drag" move   DA wants to prosecute 17 year old wrestler for sexual battery for"Butt Drag" move EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 12:48 pm

I mean no football players are being charged with assault from a making a hard tackle or anything. This assistant DA is on a ego trip.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: DA wants to prosecute 17 year old wrestler for sexual battery for"Butt Drag" move   DA wants to prosecute 17 year old wrestler for sexual battery for"Butt Drag" move EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 12:55 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Never happend to me, but I've seen it done. Still wrestling is not a sexual thing. It's close combat. The greeks used to do it naked lol.

I agree, this charge is a complete joke. Obviously the kid who did it just did it to a pussified kid. We use to fuck with those kind of kids too. Do what we could to get them out of our room and off the team. I bet that if the kids were switched the other kid would have just beat his ass and called it a day.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: DA wants to prosecute 17 year old wrestler for sexual battery for"Butt Drag" move   DA wants to prosecute 17 year old wrestler for sexual battery for"Butt Drag" move EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 2:25 pm

The DA is of the opinion the kid made a "finger in the ass" gesture and then rammed his fingers up the ass on purpose. If that is the case then the prosecution is valid. Sicko.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: DA wants to prosecute 17 year old wrestler for sexual battery for"Butt Drag" move   DA wants to prosecute 17 year old wrestler for sexual battery for"Butt Drag" move EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 8:28 pm

I think the charge is bullshit though i don't believe the kid was innocently using the butt drag. I believe the "victims" tales of bullying and all that crap but as far as i've heard the butt drag is a legal move in wrestling. It just does not make sense to charge somebody with anything, even simple assualt over a legal move used within it's realm.

Reggie Evans didnt get charged with sexual assualt for squeezing Chris Kaman's sack.
NBA players don't get charged with battery for intentional hard fouls because it's part of the game. Pitchers don't get charged with assualt when they intentionally throw a ball at a batters head.
If the butt drag is considered part of the game, but a sick busch league part of the game then i don't see the butt pirate getting in any serious trouble. If it's so wrong, then why is it legal?
Back to top Go down

DA wants to prosecute 17 year old wrestler for sexual battery for"Butt Drag" move
Page 1 of 1