Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141

Go down 
+3
josh200612
MMAEYES
OU
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141  Empty
PostSubject: Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141    Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:52 am

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/1/31/2760864/alistair-overeem-battery-court-woman-charges
According to the Las Vegas Review Journal UFC superstar Alistair Overeem
has been charged with misdemeanor battery stemming from an altercation
at Wynn Las Vegas over New Year's weekend. That would have been the
period of time when Overeem was in town for his fight with Brock Lesnar at UFC 141. Overeem won that fight by first round TKO.

It appears that Overeem shoved a woman in the face and, while not
arrested, was given a citation. He is scheduled to appear in court on
February 21 and faces up to six months in a detention center and a
$1,000 fine.

The UFC has not yet commented on the situation and I don't expect
them to until after the court date passes and we see exactly what comes
out of it.

I seriously doubt he gets 6 months and I don't have the knowledge to really understand how Overeem's nationality affects things.

I will say that, while I'm sure there's more to the story, I'd like
to think that there is a way for a 6'5" 260+ pound professional fighter
to handle a situation involving a woman that doesn't involve shoving or
hitting.
by Brent Brookhouse on Jan 31, 2012 5:51 AM PST

in UFC News
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141    Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:21 am

Damnit Reem! You make a big splash in the ufc and then ruin it by doing some dumb shit. I'm hoping this chick is lying or something
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141    Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:25 am

Like dude says on the article, we don't know the details, but damn there had to be a better way to handle it then pushing a woman in the face. Horsemeathead.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141    Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:26 am

Probably some drunk chick at a club all in his face, should of had his blonde take care of things.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141    Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:29 am

I hope if he did do it that it was some huge beefy lesbo bitch that dresses like a dude so he can say he didn't know it was a chick. Same thing happened to Peter Griffin man you gotta be carefully who you punch in the face.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141    Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:34 am

josh200612 wrote:
Probably some drunk chick at a club all in his face, should of had his blonde take care of things.

No doubt that's what I'm thinking, does he not role with security? Did he not learn from his trouble with the law acouple years back when him and his brother smashed abunch of bouncers? People may get wild in Holland but people just have no since at all over here and he's got to know that us fans and people that don't know who he is WILL get stupid. It's just the american way
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141    Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:35 am

Maybe that's just how he gets down.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141    Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:43 am

What the fuck is Wynn Las Vegas anyways? Was he at a after party? Or was he in his hotel? I wanta know damnit cause this is the kind of thing that changes my opinion of a fighter or any man.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141    Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 11:08 am

MMAEYES wrote:
What the fuck is Wynn Las Vegas anyways? Was he at a after party? Or was he in his hotel? I wanta know damnit cause this is the kind of thing that changes my opinion of a fighter or any man.

Wynn is pretty much one of, if not the nicest, hotel in Vegas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141    Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 11:36 am

Now he's Dutch.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141    Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 11:45 am

Ali wrote:
Now he's Dutch.
LOL, no longer your British brother?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141    Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 11:49 am

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
Now he's Dutch.
LOL, no longer your British brother?

He's as Dutch as a pair of clogs.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141    Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:17 pm

I just hope this doesn't delay him getting KTFO by JDS. I can't wait for that day to come.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141    Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:33 pm

I know nothing about what really happened, but I almost instantly attribute this problem to a combative drunk bitch and I have been confronted with several in clubs. Nothing uglier than chicks acting like dudes to dudes. Also, real big guys have a tendency to get slapped with assault when they do anything but let drunk bitches beat on them. We'll see what happens I guess.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141    Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:40 pm

Lots of assumptions being thrown out there. Why does he deserve the benefit of the doubt right from the start?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141    Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:43 pm

How come no one is assuming Reem was a little tipsy and made a mistake in judgement?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141    Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 1:01 pm

If I'm gonna lean one way with knowing no details other than those currently provided it's in the direction of this woman trying to extort a quick payday out of a public figure.

If I tun this into a simple math problem then:

Crowded club
+
drunk woman
+
stumble into guy
=
"hay you big ass-oaf! look the fuck out or I'll kill you and your skank bitch!"
+
"fuck off lady"
+
drunk bitch sic'em
+
restrain drunk lady
+
later that night "that guy is famous?"
=
call police
+
lawyer up
=
let the wonderful legal system get me paid for being a drunk bitch when a famous person was around.
=
$$$

Last edited by GDPofDRC on Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141    Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 1:08 pm

Well Reem does have a history of attacking women...

Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141  Overeem-kicks-little-girl

Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141  Ugonegetraped

Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141  2qwk6qv_jpg
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141    Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 1:10 pm

Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141  Funny-celebrity-pictures-face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141    Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 1:14 pm

That chick in the green top is so cute.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141    Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 1:35 pm

Comment on MMAmania said it best

"Welcome to fame in the United States"
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141    Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:49 pm

If Overeem shoved someone, they would do a lot more than just stagger backwards. The would go tumbling da fuc over.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141    Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 4:03 pm

Ubershove

Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141  6xqo42_jpg
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141    Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 7:30 pm

I guess the girl could not handle the Uberfaceshove just like Brock could not handle the Uberknees
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141    Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141  EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 10:35 am

http://mmajunkie.com/news/27213/lawyer-alistair-overeem-not-commenting-on-battery-charge-maintains-innocence.mma
David Chesnoff of the Chesnoff & Schonfeld law firm said they'll "vigorously" defend his side of the story and that he maintains his innocence.
Quote :
"I have advised Alistair not to comment on this matter, and that we will do our talking in the court," Chesnoff stated. "It should be noted that Alistair was not arrested; he was summoned to court. There are two sides to this story, and we intend on vigorously defending this as Alistair maintains his innocence."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141    Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141  Empty

Back to top Go down

Reem Charged With Battery After Incident With Woman Weekend Of UFC 141
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next