Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gary Goodridge Still Not Paid for 2009 New Year’s Eve Bout

Go down 
+2
killerofchicken
Primetyme199
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

Gary Goodridge Still Not Paid for 2009 New Year’s Eve Bout Empty
PostSubject: Gary Goodridge Still Not Paid for 2009 New Year’s Eve Bout   Gary Goodridge Still Not Paid for 2009 New Year’s Eve Bout EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 11:07 am

The state of Japanese MMA is not looking too good these days, with most of the bigger companies holding on with life support. FEG, financial backer of K-1 and DREAM, is slowly falling apart, with issues stemming from lack of TV deals, exposure and not paying fighters, which brings us to this piece.

Bibiano Fernandes, Andy Souwer, Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza and others on and off the record have stated over the past twelve months that they have not been paid in a timely fashion for fights under the FEG banner and Gary Goodridge is also on that list, having not been paid in an unbelievably long time for his fight at Dynamite!! last New Years Eve.

“It’s been almost a year since I fought Mousasi at FEG’s NYE show in Japan” Goodridge told Daniel Herbertson of MMAFighting.com, “I want my money. I stayed quiet because I thought they were going to pay me but I still haven’t seen a penny. I have bills I have to pay. I worked for the Japanese people for over a decade, and I never thought they would treat me like this.”

“I always fought whoever they asked me to, whenever they asked me to. I was in rough shape before I took the fight against Mousasi but they needed a fighter with only a week to go before the show so I stepped up for the fans. Now they won’t answer my calls and nobody will talk to me. I have had my lawyer and my manager call them but they have not been able to get an answer.”

I wanted to attribute this to karma at first, since Goodridge dropped out of a signed on paper bout against Ron Sparks with The MMA Big Show to compete at this show with an alleged handshake being the agreement, which was a big deal last year. Goodridge’s problem with FEG is not an isolated case as fighters both native to Japan and international have been having trouble receiving their payments for fighting, which is appalling when you realize that without the fighters, you are promoting a three-hour long show where spectators stare into an empty ring.

FEG has stated that they will continue booking fights for Dynamite!! after the Dec. 11 K-1 World GP Finals, and although the promotion has stated that the reason is to simply focus on the task at hand, it is clear that FEG desperately need the final K-1 event of the year to be highly profitable, along with their final MMA show of the year.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Gary Goodridge Still Not Paid for 2009 New Year’s Eve Bout   Gary Goodridge Still Not Paid for 2009 New Year’s Eve Bout EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 11:12 am

gotta feel bad for goodridge here, he can probably kiss that pay check good bye
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Gary Goodridge Still Not Paid for 2009 New Year’s Eve Bout   Gary Goodridge Still Not Paid for 2009 New Year’s Eve Bout EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 7:25 pm

thats bullshit, feel bad for Gary cause he always put on a show for the fans
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Gary Goodridge Still Not Paid for 2009 New Year’s Eve Bout   Gary Goodridge Still Not Paid for 2009 New Year’s Eve Bout EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 7:39 pm

Damn, getting your ass kicked by Gegard and then not getting paid for it...
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Gary Goodridge Still Not Paid for 2009 New Year’s Eve Bout   Gary Goodridge Still Not Paid for 2009 New Year’s Eve Bout EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 4:56 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/21749/dream-rep-gary-goodridge-will-be-paid-sometime-this-month.mma
Veteran MMA competitor Gary Goodridge will receive his fight purse after a yearlong delay, according to the U.S. representative of Fighting and Entertainment Group.

Mike Kogan today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that he's spoken to FEG officials, who oversee the Japanese-based DREAM promotion, and has been assured that Goodridge will be paid "sometime this month."

Goodridge fought Gegard Mousasi at FEG's "Dynamite!! 2009" and recently complained that the promotion snubbed him when payday arrived.

When contacted by MMAjunkie.com earlier this month, Kogan resolved to get an answer on the situation when he traveled to Japan for the K-1 World Grand Prix tournament, which took place this past Saturday, Dec. 11, at Ariake Coliseum in Tokyo.

"I didn't sign his contract, but I'm sure it doesn't say it takes a year to get paid," Kogan said earlier this month. "Obviously, there's something fishy going on. I feel bad for the guy."
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Gary Goodridge Still Not Paid for 2009 New Year’s Eve Bout   Gary Goodridge Still Not Paid for 2009 New Year’s Eve Bout EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 5:09 pm

Yeah that's wrong as hell
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Gary Goodridge Still Not Paid for 2009 New Year’s Eve Bout   Gary Goodridge Still Not Paid for 2009 New Year’s Eve Bout EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 5:13 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
Yeah that's wrong as hell

should charge interest.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Gary Goodridge Still Not Paid for 2009 New Year’s Eve Bout   Gary Goodridge Still Not Paid for 2009 New Year’s Eve Bout EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 5:19 pm

Hell yeah he should get an extra win bonus as interest. It amazes me that other fighters know this and still sign to fight for them, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that fighter are asking for pay up front. I wonder if they've paid Relack Gracie for his fight against the gracie hunter?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Gary Goodridge Still Not Paid for 2009 New Year’s Eve Bout   Gary Goodridge Still Not Paid for 2009 New Year’s Eve Bout EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 5:20 pm

LOL. I asked if he would get paid after I first heard about the new investments they'd secured.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gary Goodridge Still Not Paid for 2009 New Year’s Eve Bout   Gary Goodridge Still Not Paid for 2009 New Year’s Eve Bout Empty

Back to top Go down

Gary Goodridge Still Not Paid for 2009 New Year’s Eve Bout
Page 1 of 1