Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hendo vs Feijão

Go down 
+7
KingsOwn19
NoRegret
captain organic
GDPofDRC
Ludo
Wolfgangsta
Ninja
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Hendo vs Feijão Empty
PostSubject: Hendo vs Feijão   Hendo vs Feijão EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 3:38 pm

Who do you have winning?
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Hendo vs Feijão Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hendo vs Feijão   Hendo vs Feijão EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 3:47 pm

Hendo vs Feijão

Hmm...I need to rewatch Feijao's career to make this call.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

Hendo vs Feijão Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hendo vs Feijão   Hendo vs Feijão EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 4:04 pm

I'm going to say Feijao. He has the striking to at least keep Dan occupied longer than Babalu and the ground game to not have to be so worried about getting taken down. If he can lock Dan into the muay thai clinch for any quality amount of time we might just see the first stoppage of Dan Henderson.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Hendo vs Feijão Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hendo vs Feijão   Hendo vs Feijão EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 4:10 pm

Dan is an experienced greco guy, so I don't see him being controlled in the clinch significantly.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Hendo vs Feijão Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hendo vs Feijão   Hendo vs Feijão EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 4:26 pm

I already picked Feijao in the other Hendo thread. Dangerous and durable combination of a fighter, like Hendo. Would be a cool fight.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Hendo vs Feijão Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hendo vs Feijão   Hendo vs Feijão EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 4:37 pm

If Henderson does win that would further solidify Henderson as one of the ten best mixed martial artists ever.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Hendo vs Feijão Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hendo vs Feijão   Hendo vs Feijão EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 4:58 pm

1) I think this will be a straight stand up affair.

2)I foresee a KO. I think Cavalcante has a more active offense, but Hendo the more durable chin. Not sure I want to give Hendo an edge in power.

3) Clinch work is an interesting question, but Cavalcante has shown good Muay Thai Clinch work, and more important is the bigger man.

4) A win by either guy makes for a solid top 10.

I prob lean Cavalcante. younger, bigger.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

Hendo vs Feijão Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hendo vs Feijão   Hendo vs Feijão EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 5:25 pm

Wow, I thought I was gonna be a lone wolf on this one here by picking Feijao...thats who I am going with.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Hendo vs Feijão Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hendo vs Feijão   Hendo vs Feijão EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 7:23 pm

Feijao is a really big guy and a technical striker, but he is a slow starter and he's very hittable...those are things that work big in Hendo's favor as a guy who will look for the first oppening to lay the H-Bomb.

I don't see Feijao being controlled and everytime Lawal or Britt put his back to the cage he fed them accurate knees. Every time Lawal took him down, Feijao used his significant size and strength advantage to get himself up...plus, he's a threat on the ground himself.

But with me, it's by no means Feijao will squash him. There are things with Feijao that i think Henderson can take advantage of..mainly the fact that Feijao is an agressive in the standup and is pretty sloppy early in the fight..as shown in his bouts with Kyle, Rosa, Britt and King Mo. There is a consistancy there, Feijao gets better, harder to hit and more crisp as the fight goes on but is vunerable to take the big shot early and Hendo can deliver that big shot and unlike King Mo was able to do...lay down effective, fight ending GnP.

If it happens..and there is zero reason why it should not unless Feijao desperately needs to get in there before the 3-4 months it will take Hendo to be ready to fight again. I got Feijao by submission.

Feijao also has Anderson Silva as his main sparring partner. That's a good inside edge on Dan Henderson
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Hendo vs Feijão Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hendo vs Feijão   Hendo vs Feijão EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 8:03 pm

Hendo!
Back to top Go down

Hendo vs Feijão Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hendo vs Feijão   Hendo vs Feijão EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 8:35 pm

The Light-Heavyweight titles are like hot potatoes and I think it will change hands again.
Back to top Go down

Hendo vs Feijão Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hendo vs Feijão   Hendo vs Feijão EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 8:36 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
If Henderson does win that would further solidify Henderson as one of the ten best mixed martial artists ever.

Win or lose it wouldn't have much of an impact either way on his legacy. If he were beating Rua, Machida, Evans or Rampage then that would be different.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Hendo vs Feijão Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hendo vs Feijão   Hendo vs Feijão EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 8:53 pm

well if he get's a belt in SF, that means he has held a belt in 3 major orgs (Pride, UFC, SF). That would be icing on the cake for his legacy i think.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Hendo vs Feijão Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hendo vs Feijão   Hendo vs Feijão EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 9:44 pm

oggy420 wrote:
well if he get's a belt in SF, that means he has held a belt in 3 major orgs (Pride, UFC, SF). That would be icing on the cake for his legacy i think.

When did he ever win a UFC belt?
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Hendo vs Feijão Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hendo vs Feijão   Hendo vs Feijão EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 9:47 pm

Tournament Champion I think he meant.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Hendo vs Feijão Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hendo vs Feijão   Hendo vs Feijão EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 9:49 pm

Rings was a major league title also.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Hendo vs Feijão Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hendo vs Feijão   Hendo vs Feijão EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 9:59 pm

What he needs for his triple crown is for Strikeforce to have a tournament and he wins that.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

Hendo vs Feijão Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hendo vs Feijão   Hendo vs Feijão EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 2:32 am

hendo takes this fight.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

Hendo vs Feijão Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hendo vs Feijão   Hendo vs Feijão EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 9:44 am

Hendo
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Hendo vs Feijão Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hendo vs Feijão   Hendo vs Feijão EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 9:51 am

right now i saw hendo takes it, considering his greco background i dont think feijao would be able to enforce his clinch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hendo vs Feijão Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hendo vs Feijão   Hendo vs Feijão Empty

Back to top Go down

Hendo vs Feijão
Page 1 of 1