Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Big fight in the NFL today

Go down 
+7
timthebim
KingsOwn19
captain organic
acccardinal12
Wolfgangsta
josh200612
Ziggy116
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

Big fight in the NFL today - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big fight in the NFL today   Big fight in the NFL today - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 9:15 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Technically the rules say that its 10k for 1st offense fighting and 2nd offense is 25k. After that suspensions start coming into play

10K for 1st offense? What is that equal to a ten dollar bill to most players? WOW

So if your a top player you should just fight who cares?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Big fight in the NFL today   Big fight in the NFL today - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 4:44 pm

timthebim wrote:
I doubt he gets suspended. I bet its a 75,000 dollar fine.

Damn I thought it would be alittle higher than 25,000.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Big fight in the NFL today   Big fight in the NFL today - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 5:17 pm

timthebim wrote:
timthebim wrote:
I doubt he gets suspended. I bet its a 75,000 dollar fine.

Damn I thought it would be alittle higher than 25,000.

Seymour's fine which was also 25K for hitting Big Ben is one-fifth of 1 percent of his 2010 salary. How exactly is that a deterrent?

Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Big fight in the NFL today   Big fight in the NFL today - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 5:19 pm

Its not and I think if it continues to keep happening the next guys wont be so lucky.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Big fight in the NFL today   Big fight in the NFL today - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 9:36 pm

And MMA needs to embarrassed by the Mayhem Diaz scuffle?

The NFL guys didn't even miss a weeks work.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Big fight in the NFL today   Big fight in the NFL today - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 9:55 pm

Guys, guys...

1. NFL athletes mostly only play for a few short years. And most don't make a gajillion dollars like Ben. They're all rich, but it's over stated how much they make. 25k is 25k regardless.

2. Finnagan grabbed his helmet and ripped it off violently first, so he initiated the fight. He was also doing that on the earlier play. And everyone knows Courtland is a shit head.

3. Compared to most athlete fights, that was a certified beat down.

Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Big fight in the NFL today   Big fight in the NFL today - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 10:21 pm

I just seen on NFL network that they had Johnson wired up and before the fight happened he went to the ref and told them they needed to watch Cortland because he kept hitting Johnson in his face. Wonder if the NFL heard this and blamed the fight more on the refs than Andre Johnson?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Big fight in the NFL today   Big fight in the NFL today - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 10:42 pm

Ya that's right Courtland jammed his hands in his face.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Big fight in the NFL today   Big fight in the NFL today - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 10:49 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Guys, guys...

1. NFL athletes mostly only play for a few short years. And most don't make a gajillion dollars like Ben. They're all rich, but it's over stated how much they make. 25k is 25k regardless.

2. Finnagan grabbed his helmet and ripped it off violently first, so he initiated the fight. He was also doing that on the earlier play. And everyone knows Courtland is a shit head.

1. 25k is 25k but it's all relative. There is not one starting player in the NFL who's lifestyle would be affected by $25,000 either way.

2. Courtland is a douche, but that fight progressed throughout the game leading up to that point and Dre punched him in the face...no way you can blame that situation solely on him.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Big fight in the NFL today   Big fight in the NFL today - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 11:07 pm

Ziggy116 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
Guys, guys...

1. 25k is 25k but it's all relative. There is not one starting player in the NFL who's lifestyle would be affected by $25,000 either way.

2. Courtland is a douche, but that fight progressed throughout the game leading up to that point and Dre punched him in the face...no way you can blame that situation solely on him.

Athletes or not they are still men. Johnson warned the refs he was hitting him in his face and the refs did nothing so what happens when u hit a man in his face? U get thrown to the ground and hit back acouple times.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

PostSubject: Re: Big fight in the NFL today   Big fight in the NFL today - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 11:18 pm

I hear ya Tim, but part of me thinks they are still at "work". If someone gets in your face at work do you go at them physically, even if it's on a smaller scale? If Dre told the refs what was going on, Finnegan would've got flagged and the league probably wouldve fined him.

Either way Finnegan is a douche, just playing Devils Advocate.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Big fight in the NFL today   Big fight in the NFL today - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 11:20 pm

Ziggy116 wrote:
I hear ya Tim, but part of me thinks they are still at "work". If someone gets in your face at work do you go at them physically, even if it's on a smaller scale? If Dre told the refs what was going on, Finnegan would've got flagged and the league probably wouldve fined him.

He did tell them I saw the tape before the game started tonight, but besides that if Im at work and as bad as I need my job if some1 gets physical with me at work I would have no choice but to protect myself.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Big fight in the NFL today   Big fight in the NFL today - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 5:24 pm

Johnson lost his cool and was also absolutely in the wrong, technically, but this was one of those "do what you gotta do" scenarios. We've all ran across them on one level or another.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Big fight in the NFL today   Big fight in the NFL today - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 5:25 pm

And Finnagan reminds me of Kos.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Big fight in the NFL today   Big fight in the NFL today - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 10:17 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
And Finnagan reminds me of Kos.

me 2 thats probably why I like him LOL.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

PostSubject: Re: Big fight in the NFL today   Big fight in the NFL today - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 11:07 pm

timthebim wrote:
Ziggy116 wrote:

He did tell them I saw the tape before the game started tonight, but besides that if Im at work and as bad as I need my job if some1 gets physical with me at work I would have no choice but to protect myself.

Do you really think Dre felt that he needed to protect anything other than pride.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Big fight in the NFL today   Big fight in the NFL today - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 10:23 am

Ziggy116 wrote:
timthebim wrote:
Ziggy116 wrote:

Do you really think Dre felt that he needed to protect anything other than pride.

Pride is a huge thing to protect in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big fight in the NFL today   Big fight in the NFL today - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Big fight in the NFL today
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2