Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Young Jets fan roughed up... REALLY CLEVELAND?!?!?!

Go down 
+2
LTFG
killerofchicken
6 posters
AuthorMessage
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Young Jets fan roughed up... REALLY CLEVELAND?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Young Jets fan roughed up... REALLY CLEVELAND?!?!?!   Young Jets fan roughed up... REALLY CLEVELAND?!?!?! EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5816234

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The New York Jets, disheartened to hear about an 8-year-old Jets fan in Cleveland reportedly tackled by a drunken Browns fan after Sunday's game, reached out to the boy's family Wednesday and offered VIP treatment at a Jets home game.

Matt Higgins, the Jets' executive vice president of business operations, contacted the family after reading of its plight at 6 a.m. on Twitter. The Jets offered to fly the family to New Jersey to watch a game in a luxury suite at the New Meadowlands Stadium and receive autographed memorabilia from coach Rex Ryan and players.

The family politely declined, according to the Jets.

Jets blog
Looking for more information on the
green and white? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

"It's terrible, what happened to that little boy," Higgins told ESPNNewYork.com. "As a father myself, I can say it tugs at you. We reached out to them, hoping we could raise their spirits. But, in talking to the family, they'd like to maintain their privacy. They have no plans to take us up on the offer at this time, but it's an open-ended invitation."

The boy went to the game at Cleveland Browns Stadium in a Jets jersey with his father, who was born in New York. Much to the chagrin of the local crowd, the Jets rallied for a 26-20 overtime victory. The boy's mother, identified only as Danielle by ABC affiliate WEWS because she didn't want to reveal her last name, said the fans in the stadium were great, but things got out of control after the game.

"Calling him a bad word, to my husband and to my son, throwing food at them," she said, according to WEWS.

When the family reached the parking lot, the situation got uglier.

"As [my husband] was walking, holding my son's hand, a guy from behind tackled him. A drunken Browns fan tackled him and pulled him out of his dad's hand. He was on the ground crying," Danielle said, according to the station.

The boy was left with a scraped and bruised ankle. The mother said her husband didn't call police, opting instead to quickly get in the car and leave. But the mother wrote a letter to The Plain Dealer in Cleveland detailing what happened.

When reached by the television station, Browns vice president of media relations Neal Gulkis called the situation unfortunate and disappointing and said the team is looking into the matter.

The boy's mother had been nervous about her son attending the game, but believed "kids are off limits. Clevelanders are such great people. I knew that they would never hurt an 8-year-old kid, never."

She apparently was wrong.

"My husband asked him, 'Did you have a good time?' He said, 'Yes.' He said, 'Would you want to go back sometime?' And he said, 'No, I don't like Browns Stadium.' Who could blame him?" the boy's mother said.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Young Jets fan roughed up... REALLY CLEVELAND?!?!?!   Young Jets fan roughed up... REALLY CLEVELAND?!?!?! EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 6:49 pm

Yeah, heard this earlier today. It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic. Liquored up idiot goes after toddler. What amazes me is the father... You do that shit to one of my kids, and if they don't snap a limb off or choke your ass out, I will be quick to make sure you don't live the rest of your life without having some kind of permanent reminder of that moment!
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Young Jets fan roughed up... REALLY CLEVELAND?!?!?!   Young Jets fan roughed up... REALLY CLEVELAND?!?!?! EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 6:51 pm

LTFG wrote:
Yeah, heard this earlier today. It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic. Liquored up idiot goes after toddler. What amazes me is the father... You do that shit to one of my kids, and if they don't snap a limb off or choke your ass out, I will be quick to make sure you don't live the rest of your life without having some kind of permanent reminder of that moment!

NO SHIT!!! you beat some ass or call the authorities to do so for you
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Young Jets fan roughed up... REALLY CLEVELAND?!?!?!   Young Jets fan roughed up... REALLY CLEVELAND?!?!?! EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 6:55 pm

And believe me... If my kid takes the action, I will be the first one hitting the record button on the phone to have your ass permanently etched in internet infamy getting a limb snapped or choked out by a middle schooler!
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Young Jets fan roughed up... REALLY CLEVELAND?!?!?!   Young Jets fan roughed up... REALLY CLEVELAND?!?!?! EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 7:00 pm

LTFG wrote:

Hell yeah, I'd definitely be kicking his ass.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Young Jets fan roughed up... REALLY CLEVELAND?!?!?!   Young Jets fan roughed up... REALLY CLEVELAND?!?!?! EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 9:31 pm

Everyone beat me to my points already but what a fucking savage. I have three kids and if that happened to any one of them the rage would be ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Young Jets fan roughed up... REALLY CLEVELAND?!?!?!   Young Jets fan roughed up... REALLY CLEVELAND?!?!?! EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:44 pm

This is the guy security needs to be tasering.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Young Jets fan roughed up... REALLY CLEVELAND?!?!?!   Young Jets fan roughed up... REALLY CLEVELAND?!?!?! EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 12:48 pm

How in the fuck does that dad NOT get security on the drunk asshole? Are you stupid or just to big of a pussy to stand up for your family! The father should be ashamed of himself, now his kids gonna grow up thinking that when someone picks on you, you just let them. Fuck that!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Young Jets fan roughed up... REALLY CLEVELAND?!?!?!   Young Jets fan roughed up... REALLY CLEVELAND?!?!?! Empty

Back to top Go down

Young Jets fan roughed up... REALLY CLEVELAND?!?!?!
Page 1 of 1