Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hughes gave BJ a reason to live

Go down 
+2
killerofchicken
OU
6 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Hughes gave BJ a reason to live Empty
PostSubject: Hughes gave BJ a reason to live   Hughes gave BJ a reason to live EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 2:25 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/11/17/1819938/ufc-123-fighting-matt-hughes-gave-bj-penn-a-reason-to-live-for-a-few
Quoteworthy:
Quote :
"I think it's premature to be talking about a title fight. I definitely think Matt has worked his way back up the ranks. My goal is to be the welterweight champ again, and I wouldn't mind being the lightweight champ again, but I’m taking it one step at a time. [I’m comfortable at either] 155 or 170. If I do well against Matt and feel good at welterweight, there's no doubt I’d like to fight best welterweights out there. I haven't done anything drastic. I’ve just been training. I brought in good sparring partners for the fight, and it feels like yesterday when I was fighting at welterweight. I’m just preparing for the legend, preparing for Matt. I just have to keep on going. It's definitely about the fans. I don't worry about losing all my fans. Whatever true fans you've got will stick by you, so that's nothing to worry about. After two losses I would have fought anybody, but it was kind of a gift from Dana to get to fight Matt. I think when you've been where [Matt and I] have been, a lot of other things seem boring. This is what gives me a reason to live. When I got that text [from Dana], I got chicken skin all over my body. I’ve got a reason to live for a few more months."
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Hughes gave BJ a reason to live   Hughes gave BJ a reason to live EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 2:25 pm

Hughes gave BJ a reason to live Penn-tub_medium
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Hughes gave BJ a reason to live   Hughes gave BJ a reason to live EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 2:27 pm

damn son, thats deep.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Hughes gave BJ a reason to live   Hughes gave BJ a reason to live EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 2:45 pm

BJ doesn't want to live in a world where he's not one of the best and neither do I No

Just kidding
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Hughes gave BJ a reason to live   Hughes gave BJ a reason to live EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 5:30 pm

The thread title takes on an entirely different connotation if after BJ you add a : doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Hughes gave BJ a reason to live   Hughes gave BJ a reason to live EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 6:25 pm

I cant wait to see BJ beat Matt.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Hughes gave BJ a reason to live   Hughes gave BJ a reason to live EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 6:26 pm

timthebim wrote:
I cant wait to see BJ beat Matt.
+1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hughes gave BJ a reason to live   Hughes gave BJ a reason to live EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 7:12 pm

I can't wait to see BJ lose 3 in a row.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Hughes gave BJ a reason to live   Hughes gave BJ a reason to live EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 9:25 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
The thread title takes on an entirely different connotation if after BJ you add a : doesn't it?

Why yes, yes it certainly does!
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Hughes gave BJ a reason to live   Hughes gave BJ a reason to live EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 9:54 pm

Hughes gives BJ a reason to live and BJ will give him a reason to die after this beatdown he puts on him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hughes gave BJ a reason to live   Hughes gave BJ a reason to live Empty

Back to top Go down

Hughes gave BJ a reason to live
Page 1 of 1