Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

JuanMa: Marquez no heart; Marquez: JML a dirty fighter

Go down 
+2
hardcoreBEE24
gomez1012
6 posters
AuthorMessage
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

JuanMa: Marquez no heart; Marquez: JML a dirty fighter Empty
PostSubject: JuanMa: Marquez no heart; Marquez: JML a dirty fighter   JuanMa: Marquez no heart; Marquez: JML a dirty fighter EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 2:35 pm

http://www.ringtv.com/blog/2490/weekend_review_lopezs_big_night/

JML to a Mexican Reporter
“Maybe I didn’t knock him out, but I sure took his heart out. He didn’t want to continue fighting. I told you he didn’t have any heart.”

http://www.vivelohoy.com/deportes/boxeo/hy-dep-1109-boxeo-20101108,0,5757930.story
Rafael Marquez
"I could never hit him on the chin and when I had him but hurt the ref gave JML a lot of time to rest, could of KO'd him. Didnt want to take any credit way from Lopez, it was a good fight, but Juan is a dirty fighter, throws a lot of elbows and shots to back of the head, Israel Vazquez hits harder than him. I hope JML accepts the rematch, whether its in Puerto Rico, Mexico, or here (in Vegas)."

Also says Rafael's camp is looking at a rematch in April/May of next year and that Showtime is of course interested.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: JuanMa: Marquez no heart; Marquez: JML a dirty fighter   JuanMa: Marquez no heart; Marquez: JML a dirty fighter EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 3:48 pm

JuanMa kills Raffa in the rematch.
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

PostSubject: Re: JuanMa: Marquez no heart; Marquez: JML a dirty fighter   JuanMa: Marquez no heart; Marquez: JML a dirty fighter EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 4:12 pm

I thought JML would kill him the first time around, but Rafa put up a good fight until the last 2 rounds where Lopez took full control. I knew the fight was going to be over regardless if the injury is legit or not. In a reamtch, it could still be competitive, but Lopez will win and by knock out agin.

And of course Lopez is dirty fighter, I think this is Rafas first time fighting a Puerto Rican.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: JuanMa: Marquez no heart; Marquez: JML a dirty fighter   JuanMa: Marquez no heart; Marquez: JML a dirty fighter EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 1:56 pm

I wonder when they started talking shit cause this is from another story

JML-"He's the best fighter I ever fought," Lopez said. "If I'm No. 1, he's No. 2. He was hurting me.

"We're sportsmen. I didn't want to hurt him more than necessary. The last couple of rounds I thought I was hurting him. That's why I asked the referee to stop the fight. I didn't want anybody to get hurt.

"It's the toughest fight you'll ever see in this division. Every time he hit me he was strong as an ox."

Marquez-"[The referee] asked me Are we going to have to stop this? Do you want to keep fighting?," Marquez said. "[I told Weeks] I can't go, I just can't go. "If I hadn't hurt my shoulder it would have been an all-time great fight. I'd like a rematch."

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=5775950
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: JuanMa: Marquez no heart; Marquez: JML a dirty fighter   JuanMa: Marquez no heart; Marquez: JML a dirty fighter EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 3:38 pm

MMAEYES wrote:

Maybe the promoters said "Hey, stop the bromance we can have a huge rematch on our hands for a lot more money if you guys hate each other."
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: JuanMa: Marquez no heart; Marquez: JML a dirty fighter   JuanMa: Marquez no heart; Marquez: JML a dirty fighter EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 3:46 pm

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

Maybe the promoters said "Hey, stop the bromance we can have a huge rematch on our hands for a lot more money if you guys hate each other."

LOL maybe, if that did happen then I think the promoters did the right thing.
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

PostSubject: Re: JuanMa: Marquez no heart; Marquez: JML a dirty fighter   JuanMa: Marquez no heart; Marquez: JML a dirty fighter EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 1:50 pm

I'm sure Arum is happy that the fight turned out the way it did. He can easily sell a rematch and have JuanMa duck Caballero again in the spring. Furthermore, successfully building a JuanMa-Gamboa summer fight.
Back to top Go down
Aiolos
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
Aiolos

PostSubject: Re: JuanMa: Marquez no heart; Marquez: JML a dirty fighter   JuanMa: Marquez no heart; Marquez: JML a dirty fighter EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 3:45 pm

ROFL at this clown

If Rafa was in his prime he would have straight clown stomped all over him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JuanMa: Marquez no heart; Marquez: JML a dirty fighter   JuanMa: Marquez no heart; Marquez: JML a dirty fighter Empty

Back to top Go down

JuanMa: Marquez no heart; Marquez: JML a dirty fighter
Page 1 of 1