Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cam Newton under investigation

Go down 
+4
Birdofthad
UBeeg9cats
josh200612
Ziggy116
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

Cam Newton under investigation Empty
PostSubject: Cam Newton under investigation   Cam Newton under investigation EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 8:32 pm

Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton under investigation   Cam Newton under investigation EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 8:52 pm

nothing can be too good right?
Back to top Go down
UBeeg9cats
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton under investigation   Cam Newton under investigation EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 8:57 pm

Even though I like Auburn, I want this wrapped up quickly. I don't want Auburn to win or even lose the NCG and then be forfeited years later.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton under investigation   Cam Newton under investigation EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 9:27 pm

I think this will be addressed extremely fast...definitely by the end of the season. If it comes out that he was paid and that money came from Auburn, he is done and that program is ruined.

I will say that if it isn't true it may have cost him a Heisman just from allegations. Hard for me to think it isn't true though.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton under investigation   Cam Newton under investigation EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 11:52 pm

remember when they got rid of DeSean Foster in the middle of a career year?

Hes probably gonna get the boot for this if something gets proved

Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton under investigation   Cam Newton under investigation EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 6:24 am

If something is proven, and if it's this big, he's done playing division 1 football. This could end up being a HUGE story.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton under investigation   Cam Newton under investigation EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 10:18 am

http://www.cam2newton.com/

i guess auburn gave him his own website lol!
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton under investigation   Cam Newton under investigation EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 12:35 pm

The fact that there are 3rd party companies recruting players in the first place is fucking ridiculous. Is it really to hard for the NCAA to figure out that is exactly where to start?

How fucking stupid are these people?
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton under investigation   Cam Newton under investigation EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 12:44 pm

i never did any research on the guy but why was he in juco?
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton under investigation   Cam Newton under investigation EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 9:48 am

This pisses me off and I'm nowhere near a Auburn fan. If Cam took money so the fuck what these colleges make all kinds of loot off of kids that aren't allowed to make a dime for it. Someone should be allowed to pay these kids that are feeding the families of all these hypocrites by winning ball games, putting butts in seats, and selling millions in merch. Get off Cam's nuts!
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton under investigation   Cam Newton under investigation EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 10:35 am

MMAEYES wrote:
This pisses me off and I'm nowhere near a Auburn fan. If Cam took money so the fuck what these colleges make all kinds of loot off of kids that aren't allowed to make a dime for it. Someone should be allowed to pay these kids that are feeding the families of all these hypocrites by winning ball games, putting butts in seats, and selling millions in merch. Get off Cam's nuts!

So a $100,000 education is nothing? I agree that schools make a lot but if you're that good, be a grown up and wait for the NFL contract. The beauty of college athletics is you don't have teams of rich babies on your team. You really want to make 18 year old kids millionaires in college? You think that will maintain the product?
Either way it's against the rules. If he gets caught, he's done. If he doesn't he wont. I don't think Mississippi St. would continue to keep their name in it if they were lying...just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton under investigation   Cam Newton under investigation EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 11:44 am

Ziggy116 wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

So a $100,000 education is nothing? I agree that schools make a lot but if you're that good, be a grown up and wait for the NFL contract. The beauty of college athletics is you don't have teams of rich babies on your team. You really want to make 18 year old kids millionaires in college? You think that will maintain the product?
Either way it's against the rules. If he gets caught, he's done. If he doesn't he wont. I don't think Mississippi St. would continue to keep their name in it if they were lying...just my opinion.

In today's economy that 100,000 education could leave him without a job. No a education is of great value but no star college football player should be worried about there bills getting paid while their talent pays everybody else's bills. I'm not saying they should make as much or even close to what pros make but they shouldn't be expected to struggle while the colleges rack in the money, they should atleast be able to get jobs.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton under investigation   Cam Newton under investigation EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 1:37 pm

And it just keeps getting uglier...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5786315
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton under investigation   Cam Newton under investigation EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 4:41 pm

there goes their season
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton under investigation   Cam Newton under investigation EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 6:41 pm

Apparently the calls may have been recorded. If so and it comes out, Cam is out of football and Auburn is done.
Not a fan of either but for their sake I hope it's not.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton under investigation   Cam Newton under investigation EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 8:51 pm

boise and TCU are praying this happened
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton under investigation   Cam Newton under investigation EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 1:47 pm

Birdofthad wrote:

So are the Ducks.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton under investigation   Cam Newton under investigation EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 2:48 pm

SlickMoneyXL wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

So are the Ducks.

And why is that?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton under investigation   Cam Newton under investigation EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 12:51 pm

Cam Newton under investigation Cam-child-please-o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton under investigation   Cam Newton under investigation Empty

Back to top Go down

Cam Newton under investigation
Page 1 of 1