Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF

Go down 
+6
throwdownfight1
captain organic
GDPofDRC
OU
killerofchicken
bobbitt15
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF Empty
PostSubject: Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF   Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 1:13 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/10/29/1781881/bellator-champ-hector-lombard-calls-out-strikeforce-champ-ronaldo

Quote :
Bellator champ Hector Lombard calls out Strikeforce champ Ronaldo Jacare Souza.

From Sherdog:

"With Hector’s win tonight, I’ve said many times the opportunity for Hector to fight Jacare would be spectacular," Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney said at the postfight news conference. "I’d love to see it."

"Rebney also said he wants to pit his welterweight champion, Ben Askren, against Strikeforce titleholder Nick Diaz. The Bellator boss explained that co-promotional bouts with Strikeforce would likely be three-round non-title fights. "
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF   Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 1:15 pm

i'd only be interested in the LW and MW fights, diaz subs askren IMO
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF   Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 1:16 pm

Same here. Diaz subs Askren in the 1st round right now no problems
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF   Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 1:16 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Same here. Diaz subs Askren in the 1st round right now no problems
and standing it would be embarrassing for Askren
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF   Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 1:17 pm

I'd love to have Askren get humbled by Diaz.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF   Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 1:23 pm

I think
Eddie would beat Gil
Nick would beat Ben
and
Jacare vs Lombard would be tougher to call, a good matchup.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF   Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 1:24 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I think
Eddie would beat Gil
Nick would beat Ben
and
Jacare vs Lombard would be tougher to call, a good matchup.

Yup.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF   Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 1:29 pm

Strikeforce has nothing to gain by any of these fights. They are clearly the number 2 company right now and if they lost these fights it would hurt their credibility badly.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF   Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 1:30 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Strikeforce has nothing to gain by any of these fights. They are clearly the number 2 company right now and if they lost these fights it would hurt their credibility badly.

For the casual fans, yes. But the hardcore fans would love them for it. Putting on the fights the fans want to see, major props to both SF and Bellator if they pull it off.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF   Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 1:35 pm

There would be winners or losers from either org. If it happened the big winner has a lot to gain. Either Org. If one org got a few wins it would validate their champs as some of the truly best in the world. I would pay UFC ppv prices to see that kind of super card.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF   Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 1:38 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
There would be winners or losers from either org. If it happened the big winner has a lot to gain. Either Org. If one org got a few wins it would validate their champs as some of the truly best in the world. I would pay UFC ppv prices to see that kind of super card.

If they put on competitive fights they could make it a regular thing. Have a battle of Champions from time to time.
They would get mad love from all hardcore fans for giving us what we want to see.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF   Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 1:41 pm

Would it really affect Strikeforce that much anyway? They clearly have the 2nd best stable of fighters with a Showtime deal (and possible fights on CBS) I don't see them losing anything just because their top 5 lightweight gets stuck by Bellator's top 5 LW
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF   Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 1:42 pm

I was all for the Eddie vs gil fight. But now Bellator is pushing the matter a little further then what I see is reasonable. Their talent pool below the championship level, as well as their TV deal does not merit Bellator calling out SF at every turn.

But it should be noted that Gilbert started this whole business. and as OU stated this would be a huge boon for MMA fans.

I tend to think both org's would benefit from these matchups. It would shine a huge spotlight in their direction, and imo validate both companies. I think these guys should look at each as allies and not adversaries.

But without question Bellator has more to gain, while SF has more to lose.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF   Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 1:45 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Would it really affect Strikeforce that much anyway? They clearly have the 2nd best stable of fighters with a Showtime deal (and possible fights on CBS) I don't see them losing anything just because their top 5 lightweight gets stuck by Bellator's top 5 LW

But if Eddie beats up Gil, Askren wrestles up Diaz, and Hector KO's Jacare, then that would be a major blow to SF and a major boon for Bellator. how the media and fans view the company, how upcoming as well as established FA fighters view the companies, how TV broadcasters view the companies would all be greatly effected.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF   Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 1:47 pm

captain organic wrote:
I was all for the Eddie vs gil fight. But now Bellator is pushing the matter a little further then what I see is reasonable. Their talent pool below the championship level, as well as their TV deal does not merit Bellator calling out SF at every turn.

But it should be noted that Gilbert started this whole business. and as OU stated this would be a huge boon for MMA fans.

I tend to think both org's would benefit from these matchups. It would shine a huge spotlight in their direction, and imo validate both companies. I think these guys should look at each as allies and not adversaries.

But without question Bellator has more to gain, while SF has more to lose.

Bingo. Gil brought this conversation to the table. Coker is reluctant because he is more willing to consider the negatives.

Flipside, If Gil beat Eddie he would have a big Claim to being #1 lw. If Nick beat Ben, well, he should, but it would be a much higher quality win than Noons. If Jacare, beat Lombard he would have a top 5 MW as his champion. If the Reem beat Cole Conrad, well, I don't know, lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF   Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 1:48 pm

captain organic wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

But if Eddie beats up Gil, Askren wrestles up Diaz, and Hector KO's Jacare, then that would be a major blow to SF and a major boon for Bellator. how the media and fans view the company, how upcoming as well as established FA fighters view the companies, how TV broadcasters view the companies would all be greatly effected.

+1
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF   Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 1:53 pm

StrikeForce still has a stable of names to make money with, but crossing the lines and taking risks is the best way to boldly distinguish yourself as a company that is willing to do what UFC won't, accept the external challenge and pit your best against the worlds best. They have been doing it with Dream so it is a little disappointing to see them so reluctant to meet the challenge Bellator fighters present. Risk can hurt or yield great reward.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF   Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 1:56 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
captain organic wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

+1

Just let Fedor rape Conrad and restore proper order.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF   Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 12:36 am

i could so see gil beatin eddie. gil is on a much higher level than eddie is. the last time eddie went up against a top lw he got subbed in less than a round, that same fighter got dominated by gil

lombard vs jacare would be good. imo they are on the same level.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF   Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 1:16 am

Jacare vs Lombard is a great fight and a tough call. Jacare has the more refined techniques and similar athleticism. I could see him outlasting Lombard. Slight advantage Strikeforce.

Gilbert and Eddie is very compelling and part of me wants to predict Eddie by KO, but I don't know if Eddie can avoid getting himself knocked out forever, especially against a boxer with the skills and speed of Melendez. Every other fight Eddie gets rocked badly and knocked down. Even fight.

Any of the three wisemen of Strikeforce - Overeem, Werdum or Fedor - would murder Cole Konrad. Huge advantage Strikeforce.

Diaz would rip Askren's shoulder out of socket. Huge advantage Strikeforce.

And for what it's worth, Frausto at a more comfortable weight of 135 would lose to Tate again, and also Kaufmann and Coenen. Advantage strikeforce.

I don't see a single fight where Bellator is a clear cut favorite in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF   Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 2:34 am

Yeah I've been talking about this, but Konrad would fight Cormier

I'd akle Alvarez over Gil, IMO Gil has been overrated for beating Thompson off a long ass layoff and a ripe for the picking against American LWs Aoki.

Lombard is solid, but I'd take Jacare all day there.

You know MMA is about skill and talent, but also about matchups, Nick is no doubt the better fighter, but I wouldn't write off Askren taking him down at will, a little LnP and winning a decision, still would pick Nick though.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF   Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 2:40 am

No way does Askren avoid Diaz runnin game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF   Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 2:49 am

I'd pick Nick, but Askren could give him some trouble
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF   Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 4:45 am

would yall pay for a SF vs Bellator PPV"?

Lombard vs Jacare, Askren vs Diaz, and Eddie vs Gil?

I would , if they were smart they coud 3 PPVs like that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF   Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 5:05 am

People won't pay for 3 different ppv's with those 3 as the headliners. The casual fan has never even heard of Bellator and wouldn't care.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF   Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF Empty

Back to top Go down

Bellator wants Champ vs Champ showdowns with SF
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next