Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lost in all this

Go down 
+8
Wolfgangsta
OU
timthebim
redvexx8
chorky777
Ziggy116
KingsOwn19
LA
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Lost in all this - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:08 pm

Cormier would beat Lesnar. Antonio Silva would beat Lesnar. Fedor. Werdum. Barnett.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:29 pm

LA wrote:
How pissed Dana looked putting the belt around Cain, no doubt Cain is a deserving Champ, but not even half as marketable as the most marketable fighter in MMA.

LOL

Did you not hear the crowd reaction in So Cal last night?

Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:30 pm

Get the fuck out of here, now everyone is beating Brock and he sucks cause he lost to Cain, this shit is gonna be ridiculous

Any decent wrestler can beat Mousasi

And even though I think Reem could beat Brock, what does tossing Rogers have to do with anything?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:31 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
LA wrote:
How pissed Dana looked putting the belt around Cain, no doubt Cain is a deserving Champ, but not even half as marketable as the most marketable fighter in MMA.

LOL

Did you not hear the crowd reaction in So Cal last night?

Not sure what you're saying but of course Cain would be cheered there, doesn't negate the fact Brock is the bigger seller in MMA history.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:33 pm

LA wrote:
Get the fuck out of here, now everyone is beating Brock and he sucks cause he lost to Cain, this shit is gonna be ridiculous

Any decent wrestler can beat Mousasi

And even though I think Reem could beat Brock, what does tossing Rogers have to do with anything?

I fully agree with this.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:02 pm

chorky777 wrote:
redvexx8 wrote:
LOL at Cain trying to represent the "Latinos" when like the only Spanish words he knows are mucho gracias lol.

They had him promoting the fight and that was about the only Spanish he could speak.

I hope you're talking about Tito. Cain's first language is Spanish. He's fully bilingual.

Yeah, way to go on knowing what your talking about.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:03 pm

rofl GDPs sig
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:04 pm

That shows one thing, you were wrong about him running away, clearly stumbles, trips then rolls to recover.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:07 pm

He runs there, then after taking the knee takes off and runs again and eats a shot to the back of his head.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:08 pm

What are u watching?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:12 pm

He runs across the ring in terror, stumbling all over the place. Then he tries to retreat again here - Lost in all this - Page 2 Lxxlquuuyd3
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:20 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
chorky777 wrote:
redvexx8 wrote:
LOL at Cain trying to represent the "Latinos" when like the only Spanish words he knows are mucho gracias lol.

They had him promoting the fight and that was about the only Spanish he could speak.

I hope you're talking about Tito. Cain's first language is Spanish. He's fully bilingual.

Yeah, way to go on knowing what your talking about.

? okay why would a fully bilingual speaking person address a crowd of Mexicans in only English?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:30 pm

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:31 pm

That doesn't look good either way. Cain plays the matador role with ease, 1 easy quick step, causing Brock to fall over, then he makes him fall over again when Brock sees him stalking him which delayed him getting popped in the mouth for another 1 second.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:32 pm

His Spanish isn't perfect, but he can speak it well enough.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:34 pm

That's Cali Spanish, not Mexico Spanish.
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:35 pm

His first language is NOT Spanish. He didnt know any Spanish until recently when he was being criticized for it.

source:http://www.fightmagazine.com/mma-magazine/mma-article.asp?aid=443&issid=32
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:38 pm

Damn so I wasn't assbabbling when I said he couldn't speak Spanish originally -

However, not everyone was pleased about Velasquez’s choice of vocation. After all, Cain was the first Velasquez to earn a college degree. Even his best friend since third grade, Anthony Ortiz, was skeptical.

“My dad didn’t know what it was,” Velasquez says. “I tried to explain it’s like kickboxing. So he watched some tapes, and he was hooked. My mom understands now, too, and supports me. But Anthony didn’t. I said ‘Dude, you’re my best friend. You got to have my back on this.’ But he didn’t. That’s because it was all new to him.”

Winning the support of friends and family was one hurdle, but Velazquez faced another before he could appeal to his growing fan base: learning Spanish. While his older brother and sister grew up completely fluent in Spanish, Cain did not. He understood Spanish, but couldn’t speak it.

“I just never spoke a whole lot of Spanish with him,” Isabel says. “But he went out and learned how to speak it. I told him if that’s your image, your ‘Brown Pride’ tattoo, you better know how to speak Spanish.”

His popularity among La Raza is surging. Where the Aztecs rewarded young warriors for taking prisoners, Velasquez is taking none. At UFC 104, the heavily Hispanic crowd lustily cheered for their champion after he addressed them in Spanish:

“I’m thankful that all the Latino fans are here with me. I will fight, and I will win for you.”

Shortly before UFC 100 in July, the UFC flew Velasquez down to Mexico City and Velasquez made use of that Spanish.

“They sent him there for two weeks and the people treated him like royalty,” Ortiz says.

For this Aztec warrior, it might only be a matter of time.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:43 pm

Props to him for expanding his communication abilities. Language is not something I'm about to get hung up on at all. lol
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:47 pm

Yea, because he doesn't speak fluid Spanish as a first language doesn't mean he doesn't have any right to be proud of his heritage. That is just some cultureless American garbage mentality.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 7:51 pm

I think I was 100% correct with everything I ever said about Brock and Tito. Even though I hated both men everything I said was true. Every last bit. Fuck em both.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 7:55 pm

You finally were right after 5 wins and 2 defenses
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 8:04 pm

LA wrote:
You finally were right after 5 wins and 2 defenses

Bullshit, 99.9% of people were comepletely delusional about Brock. No doubt in my mind
Randy would have whooped his ass in a rematch. An empty gas tank and a couple overrated guys kept the Brock train on track.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 8:05 pm

Randy wouldn't have won a rematch. Randy wouldn't beat hardly anyone inside the top tens of the last two years in LHW or HW.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 8:07 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Randy wouldn't have won a rematch. Randy wouldn't beat hardly anyone inside the top tens of the last two years in LHW or HW.

bullshit, he would have owned Brock that night if it wasn't for a clip. He would have owned Brock in a rematch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lost in all this
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next