Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lost in all this

Go down 
+8
Wolfgangsta
OU
timthebim
redvexx8
chorky777
Ziggy116
KingsOwn19
LA
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Lost in all this Empty
PostSubject: Lost in all this   Lost in all this EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 4:43 am

How pissed Dana looked putting the belt around Cain, no doubt Cain is a deserving Champ, but not even half as marketable as the most marketable fighter in MMA.
Back to top Go down

Lost in all this Empty
PostSubject: Dana didn't look very happy tonight   Lost in all this EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 4:43 am

Lost in all this Ufc%20121%20dana
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Lost in all this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 4:44 am

That's fucking crazy
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Lost in all this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 4:53 am

Dana looks like Don Corleone immediatley after they told him Sonny was whacked.

Can't blame him. He's the promoter. Drawing power does not change hands with the belt.

I would be suprised if he was suprised Cain Velasquez won though.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Lost in all this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 5:02 am

He def thought Brock would win, but it's mostly he lost the marketing tool of the century in that fight.
Back to top Go down

Lost in all this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 5:05 am

Lol. I was thinking the exact same thing. Dana would be burning. Brock is their number 1 PPV Draw.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Lost in all this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 5:06 am

Best draw in MMA history in all reality.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Lost in all this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 5:19 am

Well..making Brock vs. Mir III is a no brainer. Rubber match. Bad Blood. Trash talk. Easy sell. Won't match Lesnar's buys as they are now but Brock perhaps smashes his face again and casuals who probably jumped off tonight jump back on the wagon.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Lost in all this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 5:27 am

Yeah that makes sense, I ain't jumping off myself, Cain is one of the best in the World himself, the best.

Mir has dreams and nightmares about that fight
Back to top Go down

Lost in all this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 6:51 am

Dana shouldn't be so disappointed with the result, Cain being the heavyweight champ will make the cash roll in from the Hispanic community.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

Lost in all this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 8:51 am

That's crazy...I did not notice that.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

Lost in all this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 9:09 am

Ali wrote:
Dana shouldn't be so disappointed with the result, Cain being the heavyweight champ will make the cash roll in from the Hispanic community.

Absolutely. Hispanics have been buying boxing PPVs forever. Whether it's buying Oscar de la Hoya, Julio Cesar Chavez, Juan Manuel Marquez, etc. they're simply willing to buy PPVs. We've already seen the UFC go after the wrestling crowd that was used to buying PPVs. Why wouldn't they try to hit the hispanic market? This can only help the expansion of the UFC. Now all they want is for Cain to have a long and dominant run. That or for Brock Lesnar to dominate his next opponent or two and make the rematch an even bigger PPV success than I'm guessing this one was.
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

Lost in all this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 11:03 am

LOL at Cain trying to represent the "Latinos" when like the only Spanish words he knows are mucho gracias lol.

They had him promoting the fight and that was about the only Spanish he could speak.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

Lost in all this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 11:05 am

redvexx8 wrote:
LOL at Cain trying to represent the "Latinos" when like the only Spanish words he knows are mucho gracias lol.

They had him promoting the fight and that was about the only Spanish he could speak.

I hope you're talking about Tito. Cain's first language is Spanish. He's fully bilingual.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Lost in all this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 11:08 am

If Carwin beats Roy I think brock vs carwin is a very interesting rematch although I dont want to see Brock lose again he is in the big leagues and cant be protected fighting guys like Mir.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Lost in all this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 12:43 pm

I think lost in all this is how me and Wolf couldn't have been more correct about
Brock, literally could not have been more right.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Lost in all this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 12:50 pm

^

Anyway the trending for this fight has been off the charts and this fight will come close to if not smash UFC 100, and prove Cain himself is very marketable for PPV buys. Dana will be aight. We could be looking at 1.8 buys here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

Lost in all this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 1:04 pm

OU wrote:
I think lost in all this is how me and Wolf couldn't have been more correct about

He said the same thing before every Brock fight. He was bound to be get it right once.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Lost in all this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 1:06 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
OU wrote:

He said the same thing before every Brock fight. He was bound to be get it right once.

Naw, I predicted he's scramble Mir's eggs the second time. I was right against Carwin too, I just didn't know Shane had no endurance. Lesnar is garbage dude. How many times do we need to see him cowering in terror from punches before we realize he was never the best HW?
Back to top Go down

Lost in all this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 1:12 pm

It doesn't matter what you do if you're winning you stick to it. Cain is like a new version of Fedor though. He's good at everything. He could improve his BJJ but the way he fights he doesn't really need to. Brock is still top 5 though.
Back to top Go down
JerseyStyle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Lost in all this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 1:18 pm

I'll be the first to say I was so tired of reading the same BS from Wolf each and every time he posted about Brock. Only problem is , it turned out to be not BS. Brock will never hold the title again IMO. The guys shelled up big time for the second time in as many fights.

Hey it was fun for him while it lasted but it is time to let others have a crack at the belt.

Cain is a likable guy if he would just drop the Mexico thing. I think so much gets lost in the race shit. No problem being proud of where you or your family comes from but we do not need to hear it every other sentence. If you follow UFC on FB all the remarks are about race and not how well rounded Cain is and the great fight he just turned in. Now he wants his fights as close as he can have them to his people......

I'll give you your Props Wolf !
Back to top Go down

Lost in all this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 1:23 pm

If JDS or Carwin beat Cain then I could see Brock winning it back.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Lost in all this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 1:37 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Lost in all this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 1:41 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
If JDS or Carwin beat Cain then I could see Brock winning it back.

Carwin kicks Brocks ass in the rematch. If JDS has a decent level of TDD he kicks his ass too.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Lost in all this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:08 pm

The way Overeem tossed Rogers, coupled with his submission game and the upper body strength he has giving him the ability to pull of chokes and armlocks, leads me to believe Overeem would wreck Lesnar as bad or worse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lost in all this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in all this   Lost in all this Empty

Back to top Go down

Lost in all this
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next