Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lesnar vs Fedor

Go down 
+13
Ziggy116
Cu Bu
josh200612
captain organic
timthebim
Bigs03
acccardinal12
chorky777
discovery99
bobbitt15
killerofchicken
LA
Wolfgangsta
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

?
Fedor via KO
Lesnar vs Fedor - Page 3 Vote_lcap52%Lesnar vs Fedor - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 52% [ 13 ]
Fedor via Sub
Lesnar vs Fedor - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%Lesnar vs Fedor - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Fedor via dec
Lesnar vs Fedor - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Lesnar vs Fedor - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Brock
Lesnar vs Fedor - Page 3 Vote_lcap44%Lesnar vs Fedor - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 44% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 25

AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Lesnar vs Fedor - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Fedor   Lesnar vs Fedor - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 5:11 am

Brock has never shown the ability to hold elite fighters(couture, cain) down besides Mir who has said he was lazy and too comfortable off his back. Fedor if he gets taken down at all gets up(if he doesnt secure a sub)at will and ends the fight with the first major right that he throws and lands. Brock has no head movement or defense. This would be a horrific blowout. We're talking the best(at least top five best at the absolute worst) in MMA history vs one of the most overrated in history. Brock isn't in the top 100 mma fighters of all time. This fight would be an embarrassment if we're talking prime fighters.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Fedor   Lesnar vs Fedor - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 7:08 am

Brock couldn't hold down Randy and Cain, just not going to compare their wrestling to Fedor's here. And elite fighters? or wrestlers? But that was in reply to this anyways, "Brock's top control and GnP ability is a fraction as dangerous as Silva's " which isn't backed by fighter history. We've seen Antonio Silva GnP Kyle and Fedor two fighters LHW in size, so we're using that as the basis for saying he has better top control? In Fedor's recent history with larger opponents we've seen him have trouble with their size on the ground, one being Brett Rogers who has no wrestling backround or Martial Arts backround of any kind. IMO we see Brock come out slow(at least no bull rush), and when he shoots, lands the first takedown he attempts, from there smothering top control and short shots like he did to Mir. From what I've seen from Fedor vs these new huge HWs, a guy like Brock just seems like a tough matchup. Guys who were able to exploit Brock on the feet were great wrestlers who could stop his takedowns.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Fedor   Lesnar vs Fedor - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 10:35 am

LA wrote:
Brock couldn't hold down Randy and Cain, just not going to compare their wrestling to Fedor's here. And elite fighters? or wrestlers? But that was in reply to this anyways, "Brock's top control and GnP ability is a fraction as dangerous as Silva's " which isn't backed by fighter history. We've seen Antonio Silva GnP Kyle and Fedor two fighters LHW in size, so we're using that as the basis for saying he has better top control? In Fedor's recent history with larger opponents we've seen him have trouble with their size on the ground, one being Brett Rogers who has no wrestling backround or Martial Arts backround of any kind. IMO we see Brock come out slow(at least no bull rush), and when he shoots, lands the first takedown he attempts, from there smothering top control and short shots like he did to Mir. From what I've seen from Fedor vs these new huge HWs, a guy like Brock just seems like a tough matchup. Guys who were able to exploit Brock on the feet were great wrestlers who could stop his takedowns.

Quit using logic LA, that is against the rules when discussing the GOAT who defeated Grim.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Fedor   Lesnar vs Fedor - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 11:01 am

Brock taps to strikes again or an actual submission hold. His wrestling was good in college but it's not good in MMA today. Silva would whip his ass bad. Maybe people forget Silva was robbed against Werdum who he also handled on the ground and not just after he dropped him either, but in rolling. Silva gave Fedor fits, Rodgers landed a three punches on top of Fedor before he got bucked off and dropped. Takedowns won't finish Fedor and at the end of the day that's gonna be Brocks only offense because he only keeps lesser skilled players down after getting a takedown. What a fun topic.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Fedor   Lesnar vs Fedor - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 10:35 pm

Silva has a much better ability to hold guys down and maintain top position from his better BJJ game. Brock has a bullrush takedown and nothing else in his kit and I mean nothing, and his posturing and GnP is weak. Fedor would spring back up ala Cain and the only reason he wouldn't is if he declined. Pride Fedor's hips were too good. We've not seen enough from Brock to assume he has any kind of ability to impose his will on legendary fighters at all. You're still buying into the myth guys.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Fedor   Lesnar vs Fedor - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 2:46 am

G, nothing was brought up about Brock vs Silva (though Big Foot could win that fight, tough matchup for Brock), but response on them based off this, "Brock's top control and GnP ability is a fraction as dangerous as Silva's" which isn't based on any actual factual evidence. We've seen two instances of Antonio Silva in top control, both times against LHW sized fighters. And I think people are kidding themselves looking at anything from Brock not holding down Cain (possibly the best wrestler in MMA today at worst top 5) or Randy (one of the best wrestlers in MMA history) in small sample sizes. But these topics are pointless, you'll respond with what you think, I'll do the same, and repeat.....I will say that maybe some here aren't the only ones buying into "Myths" or "Legends", it isn't 2004 anymore, things change.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Fedor   Lesnar vs Fedor - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 9:38 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
Brock taps to strikes again or an actual submission hold. His wrestling was good in college but it's not good in MMA today. Silva would whip his ass bad. Maybe people forget Silva was robbed against Werdum who he also handled on the ground and not just after he dropped him either, but in rolling. Silva gave Fedor fits, Rodgers landed a three punches on top of Fedor before he got bucked off and dropped. Takedowns won't finish Fedor and at the end of the day that's gonna be Brocks only offense because he only keeps lesser skilled players down after getting a takedown. What a fun topic.
Wolfgangsta wrote:
Silva has a much better ability to hold guys down and maintain top position from his better BJJ game. Brock has a bullrush takedown and nothing else in his kit and I mean nothing, and his posturing and GnP is weak. Fedor would spring back up ala Cain and the only reason he wouldn't is if he declined. Pride Fedor's hips were too good. We've not seen enough from Brock to assume he has any kind of ability to impose his will on legendary fighters at all. You're still buying into the myth guys.

truth.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Fedor   Lesnar vs Fedor - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 6:46 pm

So Brock will do what Randleman and Coleman couldn't? Ok. Sure.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Fedor   Lesnar vs Fedor - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 5:08 am

Like I said, is it 2004? what's that 7 years ago? It should also be noted that Brock has focused on BJJ far more so then Coleman or Randleman ever did in their careers. And in all reality Coleman was last explosive as a fighter in like 2000. Coleman also weighed around 240lb in that fight I believe and was always really packing it on to get up to the 250lb range, while Randleman may be was around 230/40lb come fight time. Brock is also just a naturally bigger fighter.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Fedor   Lesnar vs Fedor - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 11:18 am

Brock's size is irrelevant here. 20-30 pounds do not grant super powers.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Fedor   Lesnar vs Fedor - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 12:01 pm

We saw what a superior striker can do to Brock. And as Wolf pointed out, Brock has no head movement and nothing more than a bull rush takedown. Nothing is a sure thing in MMA, but I'm pretty sure Fedor would dispense Brock's head into Joe Rogan's lap just after Mazagatti says "Bring it on, COME ON!".
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Fedor   Lesnar vs Fedor - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 1:19 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Brock's size is irrelevant here. 20-30 pounds do not grant super powers.

So Big Foot still beats Fedor 30 lbs smaller? Everytime the old "super powers" shtick comes out I consider my points well taken though.

And Bigs, we saw what guys as big as Brock or with wrestling to match his can do to him with superior striking.

This topic is a dead end though, I know how I think that matchup plays out, will never get to see it though.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Fedor   Lesnar vs Fedor - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 2:27 pm

Quote :
This topic is a dead end though, I know how I think that matchup plays out, will never get to see it though.

Why not? Who will M-1 negotiate with now? No one is left. Fedor will fight in the UFC or he will retire. Lesnar vs Fedor could happen. There are no roadblocks.

Here is my take on the fight. I imagine Lesnar could get Fedor down but I strongly doubt he could finish the fight before he got himself sub'd or KO'd standing. But they both appear lately in recent efforts weak to eachothers strong-points. But I truly question Lesnar's ability to maintain and damage Fedor enough to end the fight. He doesn't posture up well and when he tries to pass or improve he leaves openings for scrambling. I think Silva may be a better top game fighter in that regard. Could Lesnar damage to the point of a stoppage or pound out Fedor? Sure. It's possible. If Fedor lands his right hand on Lesnar though, what happens? Either Lesnar collapses unconscious or he runs away with liquid streaming down his leg and hides behind a ring girl.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Fedor   Lesnar vs Fedor - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 2:40 pm

He's done that literally once, and him getting sloppy or overzealous on the ground and looking to pass to early is what allowed Cain to get up so quick. Fedor could easily finish Brock on the feet, no rational fan would doubt this, but would it go to the ground before Fedor got that chance? This is what I would bet on. From top position Brock isn't a retard, he isn't going to get armbarred easily he's been training with Comprido for a while now, and his game is more to smother and add damage, like he did to Mir. Fedor maybe a much better fighter then Mir, but a smaller opponent under a larger one is still a smaller opponent under a larger one.

IMO Fedor retires before fighting in the UFC, I can hope, but I've lost faith in that. I even said a when the deal went down M-1 might be less demanding now, but when I see it, I'll believe it.

Fin//
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Fedor   Lesnar vs Fedor - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 3:20 pm

M-1 has almost no leverage. retire or UFC.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Fedor   Lesnar vs Fedor - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 3:24 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Quote :

Why not? Who will M-1 negotiate with now? No one is left. Fedor will fight in the UFC or he will retire. Lesnar vs Fedor could happen. There are no roadblocks.

Here is my take on the fight. I imagine Lesnar could get Fedor down but I strongly doubt he could finish the fight before he got himself sub'd or KO'd standing. But they both appear lately in recent efforts weak to eachothers strong-points. But I truly question Lesnar's ability to maintain and damage Fedor enough to end the fight. He doesn't posture up well and when he tries to pass or improve he leaves openings for scrambling. I think Silva may be a better top game fighter in that regard. Could Lesnar damage to the point of a stoppage or pound out Fedor? Sure. It's possible. If Fedor lands his right hand on Lesnar though, what happens? Either Lesnar collapses unconscious or he runs away with liquid streaming down his leg and hides behind a ring girl.
Fedor has been mulling over retirement his last 2 fights, SF has at least 2 years before the merger and thats way longer than I see Fedor fighting... WE WONT SEE FEDOR IN THE UFC
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Fedor   Lesnar vs Fedor - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 4:01 pm

$$$$.

Fedor in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Fedor   Lesnar vs Fedor - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 5:00 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
$$$$.

Fedor in the UFC.

it wont happen, just you wait and see

im in a horrible mood today, lets hope these fights bring me back up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Fedor   Lesnar vs Fedor - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lesnar vs Fedor
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3