Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jake Shields, UFC Ready

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
icebergsnoopy
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Jake Shields, UFC Ready Empty
PostSubject: Jake Shields, UFC Ready   Jake Shields, UFC Ready EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 2:37 pm

By Jason Kelly

Jake Shields is more than, just the guy who defeated Dan Henderson. Jake Shields is a world experienced veteran, including grappling and MMA accomplishments, who is entering his first fight in the elite, UFC. UFC welcomes new fighters often but, the readiness of these newcomers, always comes into question, Shields however, is without question; ready.

Long before Shields rode Henderson to a unanimous decision, Shields was a certified fighter. Shields’ grappling accomplishments, and the defeated foes of those matches, are outstanding. Jake has out grappled some tremendous grapplers including, Diego Sanchez, Jon Fitch, and TUF 8 Finalist, Vinny Magalhaes. Shields’ victories in MMA, have included exceptional fighters, as well as big names amongst the MMA community, those names include; Dan Henderson, Jason Miller, Paul Daley, Robbie Lawler, and Mike Pyle, as of late. Earlier In Shields’ career, he was battling with the likes of, Yushin Okami, Dave Menne, Carlos Condit, and the legendary, Hayato Sakurai. Shields is a proven winner, from acquiring his Cesar Gracie Brazilian Ju-Jitsu black belt, to vacating the Strikeforce middleweight championship belt, Shields quiets doubters, and conquers obstacles.

Martin Kampmann has the honor of welcoming Jake Shields, at UFC 121 Lesnar vs. Velasquez, and Kampmann, cannot be considered a warm-up fight. Kampmann flourishes at Shields’ weakness, striking, even though Shields has spent extensive time at, The Pit, as well as Fairtex, learning Muay Thai; Kampmann is a much better striker. This argument has been brought against Shields in the past that he is fighting a far superior striker and could get knocked out, yet Shields usually prevails the victor. Shields’ paramount grappling, being his most advantageous tool, mixed with his intelligent fight strategy, from ten years of experience against some credible counterparts, and vast knowledge of striking; allows Shields to overcome top-notch strikers.

Dana White has announced that Jake Shields will get the next welterweight title shot, eventuating in a fight between Shields and the winner of Georges St. Pierre vs. Josh Koscheck, whether or not Dana keeps his word on that, Shields is prepared to fight the best the UFC has to offer. If Shields attains a chance for the belt after just, one UFC fight, I strongly agree he deserves it, I would consider the only possible opponent besides the champion to be Jon Fitch. And if Shields does take a loss in his introductory UFC fight, I do not expect Shields to tumble down the welterweight ladder; I would expect Shields to come back from a loss at this point in his career, much improved, and more eager to win.

Shields vs. Kampmann, is expected to be an exciting fight, giving possibilities for many different scenarios, depending the outcome, and the winner. Though, I am going to assume, the majority of MMA fans want Jake Shields to defeat Kampmann, to potentially arrange a fight that fans have requested for a few years, Jake Shields challenging GSP. “Georges St. Pierre vs. Jake Shields”, for the welterweight title, that would be an ideal fight, for Toronto, Ontario’s inaugural UFC event.

http://www.mmareligion.com/site2/?p=1043
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Jake Shields, UFC Ready   Jake Shields, UFC Ready EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 4:06 pm

I am looking for a FOTN in this one. Even though Shields is excellent at sapping.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jake Shields, UFC Ready   Jake Shields, UFC Ready EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 4:11 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
I am looking for a FOTN in this one. Even though Shields is excellent at sapping.

You're looking in the wrong place for FOTN. Even a SD win for either guy probably won't be the most exciting of fights.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Jake Shields, UFC Ready   Jake Shields, UFC Ready EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 8:16 pm

Dude I think FOTN maybe Tito vs Hamill for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jake Shields, UFC Ready   Jake Shields, UFC Ready Empty

Back to top Go down

Jake Shields, UFC Ready
Page 1 of 1