[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]
 
Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Jake Shields released by the UFC

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hitman
Orange Belt
Orange Belt


Posts : 257
Join date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Jake Shields released by the UFC   Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:06 am

No surprise here at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely
Posts : 21275
Join date : 2009-08-04
Age : 98
Location : Fresyes, CA

PostSubject: Re: Jake Shields released by the UFC   Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:19 pm

Wish I was surprised, but I'm not.  When your business model is to cater to those who don't watch mma because they like mma, you end up with personality and excitement as being the most valued "talents" over skill and ability. Hence why 1-7 Diego Sanchez has a job.

_________________
captain organic wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Are u fucking serious with this post bro? ur a newbie to MMA compared to me, I watch all fights, but don't get a hard on unless guys are in the top 30.

Uh, Are u fucking serious with this post bro?



WAR WAR WAR
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
avatar

Posts : 2916
Join date : 2009-07-30
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Jake Shields released by the UFC   Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:36 pm

4-3-1 in the UFC and boring fights = cut. Not surprised at all.

_________________


"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."[img]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OU
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43455
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 32
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

PostSubject: Re: Jake Shields released by the UFC   Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:42 pm

Jake Shields vs Rousimar Palhares for WSOF sounds good to me. Let Burkman and Fitch fight again to see who gets winner.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis
Posts : 10926
Join date : 2009-12-04
Age : 41
Location : Kentuckiana

PostSubject: Re: Jake Shields released by the UFC   Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:11 pm

OU wrote:
Jake Shields vs Rousimar Palhares for WSOF sounds good to me. Let Burkman and Fitch fight again to see who gets winner.

I'm down for this. I'd like too see Jake hold a choke too long or break a limb. I'd be a fan of his for life.

As for getting cut...he deserved it with his boring style and losses
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hitman
Orange Belt
Orange Belt


Posts : 257
Join date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Jake Shields released by the UFC   Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:22 pm

acccardinal12 wrote:
OU wrote:
Jake Shields vs Rousimar Palhares for WSOF sounds good to me. Let Burkman and Fitch fight again to see who gets winner.

I'm down for this. I'd like too see Jake  hold a choke too long or break a limb. I'd be a fan of his for life.

As for getting cut...he deserved it with his boring style and losses

A strong foursome for a company outside the UFC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
avatar

Posts : 2916
Join date : 2009-07-30
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Jake Shields released by the UFC   Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:03 pm

Shields vs Fitch would be everything an insomniac could ever want.

_________________


"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."[img]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom
Posts : 6476
Join date : 2009-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Jake Shields released by the UFC   Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:19 pm

Primetyme199 wrote:
Shields vs Fitch would be everything an insomniac could ever want.

I don't really see Shields having a problem handling Fitch. He's just as bad a matchup for Fitch as Maia was, and he already crushed him(positionally I mean) in a grappling tournament some years back.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
avatar

Posts : 2916
Join date : 2009-07-30
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Jake Shields released by the UFC   Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:20 am

Ludo wrote:
Primetyme199 wrote:
Shields vs Fitch would be everything an insomniac could ever want.

I don't really see Shields having a problem handling Fitch. He's just as bad a matchup for Fitch as Maia was, and he already crushed him(positionally I mean) in a grappling tournament some years back.

will be a snoozefest.

_________________


"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."[img]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom
Posts : 6476
Join date : 2009-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Jake Shields released by the UFC   Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:53 pm

Primetyme199 wrote:
Ludo wrote:
Primetyme199 wrote:
Shields vs Fitch would be everything an insomniac could ever want.

I don't really see Shields having a problem handling Fitch. He's just as bad a matchup for Fitch as Maia was, and he already crushed him(positionally I mean) in a grappling tournament some years back.

will be a snoozefest.

I don't disagree, but I don't think Fitch has anything for Shields.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon
Posts : 1510
Join date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Jake Shields released by the UFC   Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:18 pm

i'd have thought he'd be a good gatekeeper to keep around.

his fights are boring but he's still a tough out and good experience for up and coming talents on the roster.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hitman
Orange Belt
Orange Belt


Posts : 257
Join date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Jake Shields released by the UFC   Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:02 pm

cheekynffc wrote:
i'd have thought he'd be a good gatekeeper to keep around.

his fights are boring but he's still a tough out and good experience for up and coming talents on the roster.

I agree. Shields, Fitch and Okami all didn't deserve to be fired.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER
Posts : 3649
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : Norman oklahoma

PostSubject: Re: Jake Shields released by the UFC   Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:16 am

cant say I am suprised but he is a tough matchup for most

_________________
GOR GOAT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den
Posts : 17542
Join date : 2009-07-19
Age : 30
Location : D Town

PostSubject: Re: Jake Shields released by the UFC   Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:00 pm

After Fitch and Okami this makes sense
Anyone with a big contract who isn't delivering is on the block

_________________
1X Ninjas Place Boxing GOR Champ (4 defenses)
Ninja Place GP runner up (ya i lost to the illustrious LA)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OU
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43455
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 32
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

PostSubject: Re: Jake Shields released by the UFC   Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:58 am

Birdofthad wrote:
After Fitch and Okami this makes sense
Anyone with a big contract who isn't delivering is on the block

I don't know if I would say "makes sense" but it is predictable. The UFC doesn't want these "boring" fighters beating the less talented but more entertaining fighters on the roster. They also don't want to pay these guys the money they deserve. Anyone that qualifies for that group is on the block. It's not fair to the fighters but it's the business the UFC is currently in and they have made that very clear lately.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Jake Shields released by the UFC   

Back to top Go down
 
Jake Shields released by the UFC
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Nabokov released by SKA contract, now a free agent
» kildare junior players not being released to clubs
» Jake Hammond a 'bolter' for Australian 4 x 100m squad
» Ravel Morrison to be released by West Ham?
» Jay Lethal released from TNA?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: Fight Discussion :: MMA-
Jump to: