Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Your favorite fight in the Rocky series?

Go down 
+4
GDPofDRC
OU
Ring
4445Frank
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Your favorite fight in the Rocky series? Empty
PostSubject: Your favorite fight in the Rocky series?   Your favorite fight in the Rocky series? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 12:23 pm

I have the Ivan Drago fight just ahead of the 2nd Clubber Lang fight as my favorite. What's yours?
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite fight in the Rocky series?   Your favorite fight in the Rocky series? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 12:55 pm

Crede - Balboa I: Nothing matches the first movie for me.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite fight in the Rocky series?   Your favorite fight in the Rocky series? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 1:00 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
I have the Ivan Drago fight just ahead of the 2nd Clubber Lang fight as my favorite. What's yours?

Either Rocky I or II, the rest of the Rocky flicks were entertaining but pretty ridiculous, come to think of it all the Rocky flicks were ridiculous. Smile

BTW, why you dissn' my beloved Longhorns? Aren't you an Aussie?

Last edited by Ring on Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite fight in the Rocky series?   Your favorite fight in the Rocky series? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 1:01 pm

4445Frank wrote:
Crede - Balboa I: Nothing matches the first movie for me.

Yup, best by far.
2nd best for me is Tommy Gunn street fight.....obviously I'm just joking.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite fight in the Rocky series?   Your favorite fight in the Rocky series? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 1:02 pm

Ring wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

Either Rocky I or II, the rest of the Rocky were entertaining but pretty ridiculous.

He lost a bet to me. I went easy on him since it was his first AV bet so instead of giving him something he doesn't like I gave him something I could enjoy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite fight in the Rocky series?   Your favorite fight in the Rocky series? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 1:35 pm

Ring wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

Either Rocky I or II, the rest of the Rocky flicks were entertaining but pretty ridiculous, come to think of it all the Rocky flicks were ridiculous. Smile

I don't know who either team is. I lost a sig bet to OU.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite fight in the Rocky series?   Your favorite fight in the Rocky series? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 1:37 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Ring wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

One of them is currently ranked #1 in the BCS standings. The other one? Just recently got back inside the top 25.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite fight in the Rocky series?   Your favorite fight in the Rocky series? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 1:47 pm

What's the BCS standings?
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite fight in the Rocky series?   Your favorite fight in the Rocky series? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 1:48 pm

OU wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Ring wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

One of them is currently ranked #1 in the BCS standings. The other one? Just recently got back inside the top 25.

Just temporarily however, until the 'Horns kick OU's ass in the Big 12 Championship game later this year. Wink
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite fight in the Rocky series?   Your favorite fight in the Rocky series? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 1:52 pm

Ring wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Ring wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

Just temporarily however, until the 'Horns kick OU's ass in the Big 12 Championship game later this year. Wink

Ummmm? You know that just isn't possible. Not that Texas can't beat OU(they can't) but they are both in the Big 12 South. Were you talking about Nebraska maybe?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite fight in the Rocky series?   Your favorite fight in the Rocky series? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 1:54 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:

BCS(Bowl Championship Series) has a ranking system consisting of both human polls and computer polls using a formula to rank teams. At the end of the year the #1 and #2 ranked teams in the BCS play for the "National Championship".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite fight in the Rocky series?   Your favorite fight in the Rocky series? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 1:56 pm

I watch sportscenter often and every year I see people complaining that it isn't fair how they choose the top 2 teams.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite fight in the Rocky series?   Your favorite fight in the Rocky series? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 2:01 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
I watch sportscenter often and every year I see people complaining that it isn't fair how they choose the top 2 teams.

Complainers are everywhere. Not enough tissue to go around.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite fight in the Rocky series?   Your favorite fight in the Rocky series? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 2:02 pm

Paulie vs the Pinball Machine. What a physical and mental battle.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite fight in the Rocky series?   Your favorite fight in the Rocky series? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 2:15 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Paulie vs the Pinball Machine. What a physical and mental battle.

What about Rocky vs cue cards when he tries to shoot that commercial?
Back to top Go down
sugarrayhatton
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
sugarrayhatton

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite fight in the Rocky series?   Your favorite fight in the Rocky series? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 2:28 pm

i like the dixon fight tbh, even tho the cards were fuckin ridiculous
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite fight in the Rocky series?   Your favorite fight in the Rocky series? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 2:48 pm

OU wrote:
Ring wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Ring wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

Ummmm? You know that just isn't possible. Not that Texas can't beat OU(they can't) but they are both in the Big 12 South. Were you talking about Nebraska maybe?

OOPs! my bad, for some reason I was thinking OU was in the Big 12 North, I should have known that.

Not to sound bias, but OU's win over Texas wasn't all that impressive this year and neither was their squeaker 3 point wins over Cincinati and lowly Air Force. I don't really think OU deserves it's #1 ranking, but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite fight in the Rocky series?   Your favorite fight in the Rocky series? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 2:48 pm

OU wrote:
Ring wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Ring wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

OOPs! my bad, for some reason I was thinking OU was in the Big 12 North, I should have known that.

Not to sound bias, but OU's win over Texas wasn't all that impressive this year and neither was their squeaker 3 point wins over Cincinati and lowly Air Force. I don't really think OU deserves it's #1 ranking, but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite fight in the Rocky series?   Your favorite fight in the Rocky series? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 2:53 pm

Ring wrote:
OU wrote:
Ring wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Ring wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

Not to sound bias but I don't care if we beat Texas by 1 point on a 75 yard field goal that hits off both uprights before going in. Beating Texas is beating Texas.
Also people who didn't watch the games don't know, but OU could have scored at the end in both games but decided to just get enough 1st downs to run out the clock.
I'll admit I don't think OU is the best team in the nation, but I don't see anyone being "deserving" of the top spot MORE.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite fight in the Rocky series?   Your favorite fight in the Rocky series? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 2:59 pm

thunder lips ftw
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite fight in the Rocky series?   Your favorite fight in the Rocky series? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 8:18 pm

Shit it had to be Rocky vs Spider Rico!!!
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite fight in the Rocky series?   Your favorite fight in the Rocky series? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 8:21 pm

OU wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

BCS(Bowl Championship Series) has a ranking system consisting of both human polls and computer polls using a formula to rank teams. At the end of the year the #1 and #2 ranked teams in the BCS play for the "National Championship".

ya see Freak the humans voted Oregon #1

some friekin computers had OU #1

go figure
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite fight in the Rocky series?   Your favorite fight in the Rocky series? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 8:29 pm

Neither 1 of them should be LOL. Alabama would beat them both.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite fight in the Rocky series?   Your favorite fight in the Rocky series? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 8:37 pm

ya cause Alabaa can beat South Carolina pssshhh
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite fight in the Rocky series?   Your favorite fight in the Rocky series? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 8:43 pm

timthebim wrote:
Neither 1 of them should be LOL. Alabama would beat them both.

Oklahoma generally has a great record during the regular season, the problem is when they make it to a major bowl, or a NCG, they turn into "Chokelahoma".

Your favorite fight in the Rocky series? Images?q=tbn:VNwN5bbTjxBh6M:b

Last edited by Ring on Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite fight in the Rocky series?   Your favorite fight in the Rocky series? Empty

Back to top Go down

Your favorite fight in the Rocky series?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next