Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rank the Rocky Fighters

Go down 
+4
Diego408
gomez1012
Tobe06
hardcoreBEE24
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Rank the Rocky Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Rank the Rocky Fighters   Rank the Rocky Fighters EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 11:05 am

Just for a bit of fun. How do you rank them in order of who beats who?

1. Rocky Balboa
2. Ivan Drago
3. Apollo Creed
4. Clubber Lang
5. Mason Dixon
6. Tommy Gunn
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Rocky Fighters   Rank the Rocky Fighters EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 11:16 am

Creed
Balboa
Lang
Gunn
Drago (1 and 1 as a pro)
Dixon (I hate Tarver).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Rocky Fighters   Rank the Rocky Fighters EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 11:19 am

Drago has got to be top 3. Only Rocky could beat him.
Back to top Go down
Tobe06
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Tobe06

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ali

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Rocky Fighters   Rank the Rocky Fighters EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 11:20 am

My take:

1. Rocky (no question there)
2. Drago (killed Apollo, too big for the rest of them)
3. Apollo (too slick for Clubber - he had the game plan that worked for Rocky)
4. Clubber (he was a baaad man)
5. Morrsion er, I mean Gunn
6. Dixon (lazy light heavy - Tarver sucks)
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Rocky Fighters   Rank the Rocky Fighters EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 11:33 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Drago has got to be top 3. Only Rocky could beat him.

Totally unproven. Only fought two pro fights one of which was against a retired Creed the other against a post retirement Balboa which he lost. Balboa was inactive for almost four years at the time of their fight. Drago was a Russian hype job.
Back to top Go down
Tobe06
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Tobe06

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Rocky Fighters   Rank the Rocky Fighters EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 11:34 am

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
Creed
Balboa
Lang
Gunn
Drago (1 and 1 as a pro)
Dixon (I hate Tarver).

Gunn beats Drago? No way.

And technically Drago never had a pro fight, both were exhibitions and Rocky gave up his belt to fight Drago in Russia.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Rocky Fighters   Rank the Rocky Fighters EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 11:36 am

Tobe06 wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
Creed
Balboa
Lang
Gunn
Drago (1 and 1 as a pro)
Dixon (I hate Tarver).

And technically Drago never had a pro fight, both were exhibitions and Rocky gave up his belt to fight Drago in Russia.

That more than makes my point as to why I have him rated so low. How can we rank him high if he never had any pro fights and only fought retired former champions. Rocky would have been stripped of the title at the time of their fight.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Rocky Fighters   Rank the Rocky Fighters EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 11:38 am

Drago's boxing stats:

Ivan Drago Statistics
Nickname(s) The Russian Express
The Russian Bull, Death from Above
Rated at Heavyweight
Nationality Template:Country data Russian German
Birth place Siberia, Russian SSR, Soviet Union
Stance Orthodox
Boxing record
Total fights

Amateur – 100

Professional – 2

Wins

Amateur – 100

Professional – 1

Losses

Amateur – 0

Professional – 1

Draws

Amateur – 0

Professional – 0

Last edited by hardcoreBEE24 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Rocky Fighters   Rank the Rocky Fighters EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 11:38 am

We saw enough from Drago in those 2 fights to be able to make an educated guess that he'd be able to beat Tommy Gunn.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Rocky Fighters   Rank the Rocky Fighters EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 11:40 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
We saw enough from Drago in those 2 fights to be able to make an educated guess that he'd be able to beat Tommy Gunn.

How can you say that? Hypothetical wins mean shit. The guy beat one RETIRED fighter and lost to another!!!
Back to top Go down
Tobe06
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Tobe06

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Rocky Fighters   Rank the Rocky Fighters EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 11:40 am

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
Tobe06 wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
Creed
Balboa
Lang
Gunn
Drago (1 and 1 as a pro)
Dixon (I hate Tarver).

That more than makes my point as to why I have him rated so low. How can we rank him high if he never had any pro fights and only fought retired former champions. Rocky would have been stripped of the title at the time of their fight.

You've gotta have Drago ranked up there! Didn't you see all that high-tech training equipment!? (Marble is gonna freak when he reads this)

He was a steriod-enhanced 7-foot monster! He KILLED Apollo in the ring, and you have Apollo ranked #1!?

BTW - love that this is an actual thread Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Rocky Fighters   Rank the Rocky Fighters EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 11:43 am

Lol. Until I was 10 this was real for me damn it. I remember being 8 and watching Rocky 3. Every time Clubber threw a punch I'd duck and weave like he was hitting me.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Rocky Fighters   Rank the Rocky Fighters EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 11:45 am

Tobe06 wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
Tobe06 wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
Creed
Balboa
Lang
Gunn
Drago (1 and 1 as a pro)
Dixon (I hate Tarver).

You've gotta have Drago ranked up there! Didn't you see all that high-tech training equipment!? (Marble is gonna freak when he reads this)

He was a steriod-enhanced 7-foot monster! He KILLED Apollo in the ring, and you have Apollo ranked #1!?

He killed a 42 year old Apollo. 42 and retired for nine years!!!!! We don't have Marciano ranked higher than Louis and he KO'd the Brown Bomber. Rocky, a man retired for almost four years, beat the Russian in Drago's back yard. Drago = Russian Hype job. Apollo's ego is what killed him.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Rocky Fighters   Rank the Rocky Fighters EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 11:48 am

Apollo in his prime dominates

Back to top Go down
Tobe06
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Tobe06

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Rocky Fighters   Rank the Rocky Fighters EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 12:39 pm

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
Tobe06 wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
Tobe06 wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
Creed
Balboa
Lang
Gunn
Drago (1 and 1 as a pro)
Dixon (I hate Tarver).

He killed a 42 year old Apollo. 42 and retired for nine years!!!!! We don't have Marciano ranked higher than Louis and he KO'd the Brown Bomber. Rocky, a man retired for almost four years, beat the Russian in Drago's back yard. Drago = Russian Hype job. Apollo's ego is what killed him.

Ok, a prime Creed beats Drago maybe (like a prime Ali beats Wald/Vitali), but my original point was that there's no way Drago loses to Gunn! He's gotta be at least #4. Lang is a killer, so I could go either way on him or Drago at #3.

Gunn = George Washington Duke hype-job Laughing
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Rocky Fighters   Rank the Rocky Fighters EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 12:46 pm

Tobe06 wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
Tobe06 wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
Tobe06 wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
Creed
Balboa
Lang
Gunn
Drago (1 and 1 as a pro)
Dixon (I hate Tarver).

Ok, a prime Creed beats Drago maybe (like a prime Ali beats Wald/Vitali), but my original point was that there's no way Drago loses to Gunn! He's gotta be at least #4. Lang is a killer, so I could go either way on him or Drago at #3.

Gunn = George Washington Duke hype-job Laughing

Gunn was made a contender by Rocky. He won the belt under Duke.
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Rocky Fighters   Rank the Rocky Fighters EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 12:47 pm

So how would we compare these guy to real fighters
Rocky Balboa- Marciano maybe? or even George Chuvalo....
Ivan Drago- Wlad/Vitali for sure
Apollo Creed- Ali no doubt about this
Clubber Lang- Tyson, Liston maybe
Mason Dixon- not a HW but Jermain Taylor IMO
Tommy Gunn- Morrison himself
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Rocky Fighters   Rank the Rocky Fighters EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 12:48 pm

and Also how can Rocky be #1 when he has like 33 losses... Spider Rico gave him a fight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Rocky Fighters   Rank the Rocky Fighters EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 12:50 pm

Diego408 wrote:
and Also how can Rocky be #1 when he has like 33 losses... Spider Rico gave him a fight.

It's based on who beats who out of those 6 and he has wins over them all except Mason who he fought when he was way too old. Also, Clubber doesn't have the cardio to last 12 rounds with Drago.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Rocky Fighters   Rank the Rocky Fighters EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 12:53 pm

Diego408 wrote:
So how would we compare these guy to real fighters
Rocky Balboa- Marciano maybe? or even George Chuvalo....
Ivan Drago- Wlad/Vitali for sure
Apollo Creed- Ali no doubt about this
Clubber Lang- Tyson, Liston maybe
Mason Dixon- not a HW but Jermain Taylor IMO
Tommy Gunn- Morrison himself

Balboa is compared in reality to Chuck Wepner

Creed is Ali, which is where the story actually came from

Lang is Liston, Holmes and Foreman mixed.

Gunn is actually supposed to be Tyson. Abused by father from downtrodden background. Ditches Balboa (Rooney and the rest of the Catskill fam) for the Don Kingesque Duke.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Rocky Fighters   Rank the Rocky Fighters EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 12:54 pm

Diego408 wrote:

Who has him at one. Creed is one.
Back to top Go down
Tobe06
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Tobe06

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Rocky Fighters   Rank the Rocky Fighters EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 12:58 pm

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
Diego408 wrote:

Rocky is #1 because Rocky is a superhero. He beat all those guys (if you count the parking lot, leg-sweep fight with Gunn).

That, and the movies ain't called "Apollo" Wink
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Rocky Fighters   Rank the Rocky Fighters EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 1:00 pm

Tobe06 wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
Diego408 wrote:

Rocky is #1 because Rocky is a superhero. He beat all those guys (if you count the parking lot, leg-sweep fight with Gunn).

The bold seals the fucking deal. I take back everything I ever said about the Stallion. He'd KO Jesus.
Back to top Go down
Tobe06
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Tobe06

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Rocky Fighters   Rank the Rocky Fighters EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 1:03 pm

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
Tobe06 wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
Diego408 wrote:

The bold seals the fucking deal. I take back everything I ever said about the Stallion. He'd KO Jesus.

Laughing Yeah, without that scene we never would have seen the rise of MMA (which Rocky would be the king of too)!
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Rocky Fighters   Rank the Rocky Fighters EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 1:18 pm

Tobe06 wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
Tobe06 wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
Diego408 wrote:

Laughing Yeah, without that scene we never would have seen the rise of MMA (which Rocky would be the king of too)!

Rocky IV=the birth of modern MMA.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Rocky Fighters   Rank the Rocky Fighters Empty

Back to top Go down

Rank the Rocky Fighters
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next