Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Big Foot to Fedor: Get Over it.

Go down 
+2
josh200612
captain organic
6 posters
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Big Foot to Fedor:   Get Over it. Empty
PostSubject: Big Foot to Fedor: Get Over it.   Big Foot to Fedor:   Get Over it. EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 7:46 pm

Big Foot is def learning how to get his name in the news.

Big Foot to Fedor '...get over it. Werdum doesnt want anything to do with you'

http://mmajunkie.com/news/21074/bigf...ir-overeem.mma

"Bigfoot" hopes win over Valentijn Overeem leads to champ Alistair Overeem
by Steven Marrocco on Oct 19, 2010 at 3:00 pm ET
Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva is from the state of Paraiba in Brazil, where he says it's commonplace to go after the person who beat up your brother.

He's hoping Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem will do the same.

That could mean a big opportunity for "Bigfoot" (14-2 MMA, 1-1 SF) if he defeats the champ's brother, Valentijn Overeem (28-25 MMA, 0-0 SF), at "Strikeforce: Henderson vs. Babalu."

The event takes place Dec. 4 at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis and airs on Showtime.

"Maybe his brother Alistair will pick up the ball," Silva told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) through translator and manager Alex Davis. "If it was my brother and someone beat him up, I surely would. But I am from Paraiba."

Silva, a former EliteXC champion, returns to action after a seven-month layoff, and he's overjoyed just to be fighting again.

In August the heavyweight was under consideration to meet Fedor Emelianenko at the Dec. 4 event, though the matchup did not materialize after preliminary talks.

"I really have a hard time dealing with the uncertainty; it really messes me up," Silva said. "I would like to take the opportunity to thank Strikeforce for getting me this fight. This is what I do for a living, and I need to fight."

In his most recent appearance, he put a big notch on his belt at May's "Strikeforce St. Louis: Heavy Artillery" event with a decision victory over former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski. That put him at seven wins in his past eight contests overall with a lone loss coming via decision to Fabricio Werdum at a November 2009 Strikeforce event. While many would say that buys him a shot at one of the promotion's big names, he was paired with Valentijn Overeem, a talented fighter with a very uneven record.

But the way Silva sees it, it could be a package deal.

"As with all my opponents, I will give all the respect he deserves," Silva said. "A fight is a fight, no matter what a guy's record is. Valentjn has a lot of experience, so in no way will I let myself think he is an easy oponent."

Still, "Bigfoot" said he's ready to take the challenge and start moving up the heavyweight ladder. He's still got his sights on Emelianenko, who remains unbooked following a shocking loss to Werdum in June at "Strikeforce and M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Werdum." The Russian's request for an immediate rematch with Werdum rubbed him the wrong way.

"Fedor is acting like a guy who is after a girl that doesn't want anything to do with him," Silva said. "Fedor, get over it. Werdum doesnt want anything with you."

And he's got some words for top-tier heavyweight Josh Barnett, who recently signed with the San Jose, Calif.-based promotion.

"I would love to fight him," Silva said. "I think he should be a little more humble, though. He just got on the bus, and he already wants to sit up front with the driver? Get in line, Josh."

Silva, meanwhile, hopes it's a short line to contendership. He feels he's waited long enough.

"I want to fight the best, and I want to test myself," he said.

Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Big Foot to Fedor: Get Over it.   Big Foot to Fedor:   Get Over it. EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 8:24 pm

i really like his attitude.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Big Foot to Fedor: Get Over it.   Big Foot to Fedor:   Get Over it. EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 9:12 pm

Fedors ducking Reem, Reem's ducking everyone, blah blah

Everyone's ducking Silva.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Big Foot to Fedor: Get Over it.   Big Foot to Fedor:   Get Over it. EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 9:51 pm

And Brock......hehe
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Big Foot to Fedor: Get Over it.   Big Foot to Fedor:   Get Over it. EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 10:25 pm

LA wrote:
And Brock......hehe

lol
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Big Foot to Fedor: Get Over it.   Big Foot to Fedor:   Get Over it. EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 10:26 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Fedors ducking Reem, Reem's ducking everyone, blah blah

Everyone's ducking Silva.

This is true for the most part.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Big Foot to Fedor: Get Over it.   Big Foot to Fedor:   Get Over it. EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 10:48 pm

Brock would be the opposite. Most fighters see how beatable he is and want to be the first to destroy him.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Big Foot to Fedor: Get Over it.   Big Foot to Fedor:   Get Over it. EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 11:00 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Brock would be the opposite. Most fighters see how beatable he is and want to be the first to destroy him.

Most fighters see how easy it is to beat Brock? Brock is not unbeatable, but c'mon Wolf.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Big Foot to Fedor: Get Over it.   Big Foot to Fedor:   Get Over it. EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 11:02 pm

I said how beatable, not how easy. But basically ya, he doesn't like to be hit and is a horrible puncher. Any HW with a wrestling pedigree has a good shot at beating him.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Big Foot to Fedor: Get Over it.   Big Foot to Fedor:   Get Over it. EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 11:22 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I said how beatable, not how easy. But basically ya, he doesn't like to be hit and is a horrible puncher. Any HW with a wrestling pedigree has a good shot at beating him.

Is Brock even one of the toughest 5 HW's in the world?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Big Foot to Fedor: Get Over it.   Big Foot to Fedor:   Get Over it. EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 11:23 pm

I have lost most of my faith in Fedor beating Brock, Brock would score the first shot he attempted and put his huge chest on Fedor, pin an arm and do his thing.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Big Foot to Fedor: Get Over it.   Big Foot to Fedor:   Get Over it. EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 11:26 pm

Yeah I said it after Brock fought Min Soo Kim. "With two years of MMA training, Brock beats Fedor!"

Here we are and I would feel safe saying Brock would beat Fedor now!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Big Foot to Fedor: Get Over it.   Big Foot to Fedor:   Get Over it. EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 12:36 pm

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Foot to Fedor: Get Over it.   Big Foot to Fedor:   Get Over it. Empty

Back to top Go down

Big Foot to Fedor: Get Over it.
Page 1 of 1