Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot

Go down 
+6
corydd7
timthebim
Wolfgangsta
bobbitt15
killerofchicken
Ninja
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot Empty
PostSubject: Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot   Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 11:47 am

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/295460/Fedors-team-demands-strict-drug-testing-of-Barnett-and-Big-Foot/

Quote :
M-1 Global hosted a press conference in Moscow today. Both Fedor Emelianenko and manager/M-1 CEO Vadim Finkelstein were present. In a following interview with Sports.ru, Finkelstein further detailed his remarks.

"Two out of eight fighters in the tournament previously failed a drug test. Obviously, I'm talking about Josh Barnett and Antonio Silva. We want fair competition for everyone, so that's why I will ask the commission to perform a strict drug testing. Fedor is not using any kind of substance to enhance his performance, and will be ready for any kind of testing. So if the commission decides to follow our suggestion, we'll be ready."

"Our organization paid a heavy price after the cancelation of the fight between Josh Barnett and Fedor. We did a lot of promotion for this fight, which in the end did not take place. That's why as a promoter and manager, I don't want this to happen ever again."

"We have a new contract (for Fedor), which now includes M-1, Strikeforce and Showtime. The contract is for three fights and another as an option. So as for today, the Grand-Prix deal makes the most sense for us"

"Fedor has an exit clause in his contract if he gets into a losing streak."

"The only thing I said and will say, Fedor - is clean. He trains in the mountains, to improve endurance, and from the eight fighters, they have already caught two for doping - Josh Barnett and Antonio Silva."

"We have never shied away from a particular battle, I just want for his fighter to be professional opponent, not a chemist. Today doping can significantly add speed and endurance. We just want all parties to the Grand Prix and potential rivals to play by the rules."

"If Fedor will be in the semi-finals, I plan to insist on a thorough verification of the opponent on drugs. You know, I experienced a lot of problems when there was a struggle with Josh Barnett, and do not want this situation again. I then had a lot of money to lose on advertising and a big problem with television. I want this time for everyone to know and be aware of the facts that they will test it very seriously.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot   Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 11:56 am

whatevz, im not too excited about this... hope it doesn't derail the tourney
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot   Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:20 pm

*but they obviously mean Overeem
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot   Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:31 pm

They just want them to be clean, there is no reason to believe they're demanding extra testing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot   Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 2:40 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
They just want them to be clean, there is no reason to believe they're demanding extra testing.

They want olympic style testing but realize that most of the commisions dont require this, therefore he wont cant demand it
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot   Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 2:41 pm

but fair is fair, i understand him asking the tests take place either way
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot   Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 3:06 pm

I have no problem with him wanting to make sure every1 is clean.
Back to top Go down
corydd7
Green Belt
Green Belt
corydd7

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the name Silva, Chris Leben, Nick Diaz, Don Frye

PostSubject: Re: Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot   Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 5:27 pm

And it starts I hope this tourny will have all the fights go off without a hitch but i put that number at about 30%. The days of everyone just fighting are over, to many injuries, roids, managers im hoping for the best though.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot   Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 5:32 pm

corydd7 wrote:
And it starts I hope this tourny will have all the fights go off without a hitch but i put that number at about 30%. The days of everyone just fighting are over, to many injuries, roids, managers im hoping for the best though.

Yea i hear ya, i just wanna see some fucking fights!
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot   Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 6:33 pm

Wonder if thats why Coker is talking about fighting in Japan???? Maybe he knows some of these guys are roided up?? Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot   Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 6:36 pm

Coker talks a lot though, lol
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot   Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 6:37 pm

killerofchicken wrote:

Yeah but usual doesnt say much lol.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot   Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 6:37 pm

timthebim wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

+1!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
corydd7
Green Belt
Green Belt
corydd7

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the name Silva, Chris Leben, Nick Diaz, Don Frye

PostSubject: Re: Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot   Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 6:49 pm

timthebim wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

+2 Alot of people on the same page about Coker
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot   Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 6:54 pm

Promoters in general.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot   Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 8:34 pm

timthebim wrote:
Wonder if thats why Coker is talking about fighting in Japan???? Maybe he knows some of these guys are roided up?? Just a thought.

I think he wants it in Japan so he can do it champion style like the PRIDE GP. He said he wanted to do all the bouts 5 rounds or 25 minutes...that probably won't happen in the states.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot   Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:13 pm

Well if its in Japan to make all the fights 5 rounds thats cool.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot   Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:59 pm

That ain't happening
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot   Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 12:59 pm

Well he should especially with Foot, Barnett and Reem in there.

On Japan as a Prix event site, Coker said that after the first event was set in Jersey, so it doesn't have to do with 5 rd fights, but going Global with the Tourney. It would be fairly funny if both Reem and Barnett found themselves in Japan fighting though....
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot   Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 2:53 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/1/20/1946480/m-1-globals-official-position-regarding-drug-testing-and-fedors
Quote :
With the announcement of the tournament and Fedor's participation, speculation regarding the motives of Fedor's management continues to abound on the internet. Yesterday, a very rough, google translation surfaced of a press conference where Vadim Finkelstien made some comments regarding steroids. It didn't take long for fan and the media to question the motives of M-1 and Finkelstien's statements. I contacted M-1 Global for official clarification(emphasis M-1's) :

Quote :
Vadim made it clear he would like to see 'Olympic style drug testing' - more as a standard overall - but at this time all testing will be handled by the commission under their realm of requirements and jurisdiction. Should a Commission have the authority to utilize certain elements of Olympic style testing, then that will be their decision. M-1 is excited to have Fedor back in the cage as a participant in what is being considered the 'greatest heavyweight tournament of all time'.

Eric Nicholl

M-1 Global

Based on this statement, at this time there is no reason to assume M-1 will be making any special or specific demands regarding testing. I feared that Vadim Finkelstien's statements through a rough, automatic internet based translator were taken out of context and that appears to be the case. I've sought help in getting a human translation of the entire press conference through various websites(trying to do this for free) to further shed light on the situation and some of the phrasing that raised red flags. M-1 is an easy target for abuse but there appears to be no desire at all to cancel the tournament or his participation, if anything, his comments at the press conference when discussing the money the company lost due to the Affliction fiasco suggest otherwise.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot   Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 2:55 pm

that kinda clears things up a bit
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot   Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 2:55 pm

Thanks for posting this for me OU. Been busy cross posting it elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot   Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 2:57 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Thanks for posting this for me OU. Been busy cross posting it elsewhere.

no problem, I saw it on BE. I assumed that is what you were talking about this morning about the translation.
Good work.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot   Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 3:01 pm

It was a suggestion to begin with, I think the original quoted dialogue is probably exactly what he meant.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot   Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 3:02 pm

Doin' work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot   Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot Empty

Back to top Go down

Fedor's team demands strict drug testing of Barnett and Big Foot
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next