Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Keith Jardine keeps it real- nice quote

Go down 
+4
Bigs03
Andrew the Raider King
EliteAcidBurn
OU
8 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Keith Jardine keeps it real- nice quote Empty
PostSubject: Keith Jardine keeps it real- nice quote   Keith Jardine keeps it real- nice quote EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 3:15 pm

http://mmamania.com/2009/08/27/keith-jardine-thinks-the-ufc-may-not-want-him-to-be-a-champion-%E2%80%A6/
“There’s a big difference between a win and a loss in the UFC. I’m making a comfortable living right now, but I’m definitely fighting for my livelihood…. I’m kind of like the blue-collar UFC fighter. I’m working my way in through the back door. I haven’t been fed any (soft) opponents. I didn’t win the reality show. I’m just making my own way. I haven’t been mass marketed to anybody. That’s the thing. The marketing machine hasn’t really gotten behind me. I’m fine with it, but I just think that the Forrest Griffins and those guys, they’d rather have those guys have the title than me. They kind of let me go my own way a bit because I’m not out there craving attention and I’m not out there hamming it up for the fans. I’m not being like Brock Lesnar after the fight (at UFC 100). That was embarrassing. I’m not that guy. I never will be. I’ll always be humble and be mean when it counts. I come from a real hard-working background and I don’t think my Dad would think very well of me if I were out there making an ass of myself. I’m just going to be myself and hopefully people will appreciate that. When I have the title, hopefully I will have a lot of fans because of the way I am.”
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Keith Jardine keeps it real- nice quote   Keith Jardine keeps it real- nice quote EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 3:15 pm

you got to respect that guy.
Back to top Go down
EliteAcidBurn
Green Belt
Green Belt
EliteAcidBurn

Favorite Fighter(s) : GSP

PostSubject: Re: Keith Jardine keeps it real- nice quote   Keith Jardine keeps it real- nice quote EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 3:20 pm

good quote.....at least he means what he says and says what he means
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keith Jardine keeps it real- nice quote   Keith Jardine keeps it real- nice quote EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 3:43 pm

And that's why I like Jardine.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Keith Jardine keeps it real- nice quote   Keith Jardine keeps it real- nice quote EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 3:46 pm

Jardine is one of the guys that makes MMA the Greatest sport on Earth!
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Keith Jardine keeps it real- nice quote   Keith Jardine keeps it real- nice quote EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 3:47 pm

The Dean of Mean what he says
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Keith Jardine keeps it real- nice quote   Keith Jardine keeps it real- nice quote EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 3:48 pm

It's a shame he's gonna get beat this weekend.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Keith Jardine keeps it real- nice quote   Keith Jardine keeps it real- nice quote EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 3:49 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
It's a shame he's gonna get beat this weekend.

I agree
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Keith Jardine keeps it real- nice quote   Keith Jardine keeps it real- nice quote EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 3:51 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
And that's why I like Jardine.

you said it best how can you not like the guy. war jardine
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Keith Jardine keeps it real- nice quote   Keith Jardine keeps it real- nice quote EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 4:14 pm

Jardine's a good guy, remember he wins pretty much every other fight
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Keith Jardine keeps it real- nice quote   Keith Jardine keeps it real- nice quote EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 7:58 pm

Jardine isn't some guy who mentally breaks every other fight or something. It's just how his career has gone. That said, Thiago gets KO'd. He doesn't have the speed to do what Wanderlei did to him and won't be able to count on the mistakes Jardine made against Houston.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Keith Jardine keeps it real- nice quote   Keith Jardine keeps it real- nice quote EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 8:08 pm

Never said he was, just alluded to the fact his career has sort of gone like that, I think it'll continue too, he beats Thiago IMO, then ends up getting another tough opponent which he'd be in line for at that point, maybe Forrest/Cane, which I think he loses, and the trend continues, jk

Yo Wolfy PM me ur email
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Keith Jardine keeps it real- nice quote   Keith Jardine keeps it real- nice quote EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 8:23 pm

I wasn't replying directly to you as much as addressing a perception out there in general about him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Keith Jardine keeps it real- nice quote   Keith Jardine keeps it real- nice quote EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 8:54 pm

Jardine will ko Thiago
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keith Jardine keeps it real- nice quote   Keith Jardine keeps it real- nice quote Empty

Back to top Go down

Keith Jardine keeps it real- nice quote
Page 1 of 1