Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vitali's main problem.

Go down 
+2
marbleheadmaui
4445Frank
6 posters
AuthorMessage
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Vitali's main problem. Empty
PostSubject: Vitali's main problem.   Vitali's main problem. EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 9:06 am

Vitali has no "Time Machine" to transfer fighters from different eras to the 21st century. Hell, he doesn't even have a flux capacitor. How can we find a way to forgive the lethargic, less than stellar effort from Vitali to put this device together? I'm sure everyone realizes that it's a difficult feat. However, there are physics books talking about this very subject, along with a number of entertaining movies that I'm sure Vitali could benefit from if he was serious about this imperative project. (C'mon, Michael J. Fox did it and for all the rumor starters, "No, his Parkinson's didn't come from "Time Travel." )

The only problem I can see with Vitali's "Star Trek" adventure is the possibility of some famous serial killers hitching a ride to the future. God knows, we don't need a modern day "Jack The Ripper' (We already have "Big Ben" from my beloved Steelers.), Hillside Strangler or Ted Bundy walking around. That said, I think that's the only danger. Since I put my money on Vitali against all these psychotic nuts, it's not really a big concern of mine.

For all you people who think I'm too hard on Vitali, don't forget this guy has a PhD. If he was serious about taking on serious competition, this machine would've been built years ago. He could even ask Shannon Briggs for advice. God knows he was beaten into another time zone last Saturday. He could probably give you a pretty detailed description of "Jesus Christ" with that ass kicking he took.

Hey, I have a great idea. Build the damn thing, Vitali. Convince the Mayweather Klan to go with you. And then, when they're not looking..... well you have a big foot, there's a such thing as the infinite Universe and they're not the smartest guys in the world. Give them a window seat. I think you know what I'm suggesting.

The more I think about this voyage, the happier I become. You can do it, babe. You can do it.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Vitali's main problem.   Vitali's main problem. EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 9:59 am

LOL, your inner Juvenal is peeking out!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vitali's main problem.   Vitali's main problem. EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 12:14 am

The thing is, Vitali has a guy right there....Wlad. I know they are brothers and if they value that over the sport more power to them. But Vitali doesn't need the time machine. If he wants to be known as an legend in the sport, that's fight he'd need to take.

At least have an exhibition or sparring session. The brothers have nothing they need to prove, but if either of them wants to prove something, they can go head to head.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Vitali's main problem.   Vitali's main problem. EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 12:35 am

myself coming from a close family i agree with both brothers not fighting each other..there legacy i feel wont improve b y doing that..they have established a decent one already..there both a plus to the game in abilty conduct intelligence and attitude.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vitali's main problem.   Vitali's main problem. EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 2:29 am

LOL Frank that might be the post of the year.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Vitali's main problem.   Vitali's main problem. EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 2:37 am

OP has the right idea, Vitali needs better competition to truly gage where he stands among the greats, my opinion is, in terms of alltime HWs, he's overrated. What's the real test he's had? Lennox in 02/03 and he got beat down from what I remember. Yeah I know that was 7 years ago, but has he fought anyone since to say look how much he's improved?
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Vitali's main problem.   Vitali's main problem. EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 6:32 am

He can afford a Delorean and Im sure the old Soviet Block has more than a few Doc Brown types that could get the project off the ground.

On a serious note I would love to see the brothers go at it. Id pay huge money for it as Im sure most people would.
Back to top Go down
Tobe06
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Tobe06

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ali

PostSubject: Re: Vitali's main problem.   Vitali's main problem. EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 8:16 am

It's a fun idea to see the brothers fight, but in reality it'd probably be a boring assed jab-fest sparring session; as neither guy would want to go for the kill.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Vitali's main problem.   Vitali's main problem. EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 3:00 pm

Tobe06 wrote:
It's a fun idea to see the brothers fight, but in reality it'd probably be a boring assed jab-fest sparring session; as neither guy would want to go for the kill.

I dunno. There's a reason that civil wars tend to be the most savage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vitali's main problem.   Vitali's main problem. EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 10:03 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
myself coming from a close family i agree with both brothers not fighting each other..there legacy i feel wont improve b y doing that..they have established a decent one already..there both a plus to the game in abilty conduct intelligence and attitude.

I agree with you and I respect what they're doing. I'm just saying they don't need a time machine to fight another top guy. They'd just have to put career and legacy over family. I'm pretty sure Kobe had a brother coming up and he killed him for more minutes (joking)...and he's still not where Jordan is. A lot of times the greats are completely insane by normal standards. They have an I would literally do anything to win vibe. I don't get that from the Klits.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vitali's main problem.   Vitali's main problem. Empty

Back to top Go down

Vitali's main problem.
Page 1 of 1