Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

With whom do you join forces?

Go down 
+4
LA
Wolfgangsta
captain organic
Andrew the Raider King
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

With whom do you join forces? Empty
PostSubject: With whom do you join forces?   With whom do you join forces? EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 11:40 pm

You own an MMA company. Any one not under Zuffa, you are going to make inroads to another organization and merge with them to maximize your talent and take on the bully on the block (the UFC). Which two and only two do you put together and why?

DREAM - some good named fighters and inroads to Japan; desperately seeking money.

Strikeforce - worth an estimated $100 million dollars has a solid, if not deep stable and is very popular with west coast audiences. Weakness is mainly bad TV contracts and a few purchased contracts with fighters. There are additional problems, but minor on the big scale of things.

Bellator - they have some names, they have a solid stable and some pocket, plus they have made inroads on television with their slick marketing and match-ups. Usually overlooked, because they aren't the big boy, nor have the stature of other organizations.

KOTC - solid management, decent stable, and a TV contract; Not exactly a money mint and have to deal with promotional issues, where they are weak.

Shark Fights - they can pump up a fight and know how to get contracts done! But they are relatively new and they don't have an actual stable, more like rent-a-fight.

Add as many as you wish. Don't be stupid and say something like Shine fights, but companies that produce more often than not. M-1 does, Adrenilize didn't.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: With whom do you join forces?   With whom do you join forces? EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 11:49 pm

Strikeforce, Non debatable. Easily best stable of non UFC fighters. Best non UFC contract, and the ONLY MMA org in the world who shows fights on one of the big 4 US TV networks.

2nd place: Bellator. Sure no one shows up to watch their fights, nor are their fights on live TV on a debendable basis, but with Lombard, Askren, Eddie, Warren, and (hate to say it) Konrad, they have top talent in multiple divisions. And the tourney's are great.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: With whom do you join forces?   With whom do you join forces? EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 12:49 am

Strikeforce and Bellator, creating one super brand out of both business models. Weekly aired TV tournaments used to build opponents for Showtime cards. Challenger series eliminated. A weekly TV deal with a network similar to Spike, such as TBS, TNT, USA, Scifi, the CW or something similar for future seasons. KO and finish bonuses will always be awarded, and be a significant part of the purse. Overpay for whoever is in charge of UFC production.

Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. All my eggs in that basket. If the UFC fucked with us I'd put fights like Mayhem vs Nick Diaz, Kimbo vs Walker, Lashley vs Batista and Fedor vs. Overeem on free TV against their PPV's.

Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: With whom do you join forces?   With whom do you join forces? EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 2:49 am

Bellator and then SF by default
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: With whom do you join forces?   With whom do you join forces? EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 2:53 am

Also SF had a deal with one of the big 4 networks

Doesn't matter really because the UFC would probably destroy an Org put together of all other Orgs in MMA, they'd immediately merge with the WEC (which is gonna happen anyways) and that would be that, the combined Orgs Champ would still be saying how they want to fight in the UFC some day.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: With whom do you join forces?   With whom do you join forces? EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 am

I think Wolf got the nut of it. You could always put M-1 together with SF, but the problem then is dealing with an idiot who doesn't have a fair understanding of business, I mean Vadim. But they do have decent in-roads to Asia and Eastern Europe. I wouldn't mind putting the hype machine that is Shark Fights together with KOTC. That might actually be able to push the Bellators and SFs of the world, plus they could suck up to Mark Cuban for cash.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: With whom do you join forces?   With whom do you join forces? EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 9:50 am

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
I think Wolf got the nut but suck for cash.

what does this even mean?
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: With whom do you join forces?   With whom do you join forces? EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 10:01 am

Ring Of Combat is one to be considered but wouldn't make the cut over Bellator.

ROC is an East coast based organization that has been putting on shows since 2002. They stream their shows on the net and have some of their shows on HDnet.

ROC has a nice list of fiighters that have made it to the UFC. Frank Edgar, Josh Koscheck, Jim Miller, Dan Miller, Kurt Pellegrino, Nick Cottone, Eddie Alvrez, Lyman Good, and others.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: With whom do you join forces?   With whom do you join forces? EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 10:44 am

I'm gonna say SF and Dream, with the SF/M-1 connection and Dream, my mma org would attract mma fans from the entire globe. I wouldn't put on ppvs but instead put all big events on network tv, all challenger events or tourneys on HDnet as I would keep Dreams deal with them. I would establish honor for my org by cutting any fighter caught cheating, no suspension, you flat out lose your fucking job.

Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: With whom do you join forces?   With whom do you join forces? EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 11:50 am

MMAEYES wrote:
I'm gonna say SF and Dream, with the SF/M-1 connection and Dream, my mma org would attract mma fans from the entire globe. I wouldn't put on ppvs but instead put all big events on network tv, all challenger events or tourneys on HDnet as I would keep Dreams deal with them. I would establish honor for my org by cutting any fighter caught cheating, no suspension, you flat out lose your fucking job.

There is no honor among thieves.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: With whom do you join forces?   With whom do you join forces? EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 1:59 pm

MMAEyes, I would think DREAM off the bat, but they are in debt so bad they can barely move.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: With whom do you join forces?   With whom do you join forces? EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 2:28 pm

Dream can't make a profit or pay fighters. No thanks. I'll take the two brands besides the UFC that are respected and have been successful. Anyway a combined Bellator Strikeforce stable would be the best Non UFC stable since Pride.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: With whom do you join forces?   With whom do you join forces? EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 2:30 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
MMAEyes, I would think DREAM off the bat, but they are in debt so bad they can barely move.

I think if they were ran by non-idiots there org would be fine.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: With whom do you join forces?   With whom do you join forces? EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 2:45 pm

They don't have that many fighters that are "dream fighters".

Japanese MMA is dead guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: With whom do you join forces?   With whom do you join forces? Empty

Back to top Go down

With whom do you join forces?
Page 1 of 1