Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rate the song above you.

Go down 
+9
josh200612
GolbeZ
bobbitt15
OU
gomez1012
acccardinal12
LA
Wolfgangsta
Thomasdrrn09
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

Rate the song above you. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 11:40 am

Thomasdrrn09 wrote:
I guess we are not grasping the concept of the game.

not at all???? I have know idea what you are talking about. I looked at a video that you provided and I thought it sucked. What part of the game or concept did I not grasp? Serious, I have no idea???
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 11:41 am

ok OU your song gets a 7/10.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 11:42 am

josh200612 wrote:
ok OU your song gets a 7/10.

You are still breaking the rules Very Happy
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 11:44 am

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 11:44 am

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Thomasdrrn09 wrote:

not at all???? I have know idea what you are talking about. I looked at a video that you provided and I thought it sucked. What part of the game or concept did I not grasp? Serious, I have no idea???

You have to rate the song posted and then post your own. Simple concept. Rate the video posted before you and post another video for someone else to do the same.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 11:49 am

josh200612 wrote:

I hate Drake so this is extreme bias here with a 2/10
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 11:49 am

Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 11:50 am

josh200612 wrote:
wolf thinks he is an epic viking going on a crusade with music.

he reminds me of when I was 15 years old and there were kids who listened to music to be cool.. "im so underground and yours is corporate fed shit"

He is a wannabe music snob.

Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 11:52 am

OU wrote:
bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Thomasdrrn09 wrote:

You have to rate the song posted and then post your own. Simple concept. Rate the video posted before you and post another video for someone else to do the same.

Sometimes the simple things punch me in the face and I don't feel them.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 1:36 pm

So because I don't like faggy ass commercial pseudo metal Mastadon now I am a hipster? You'd have to have an almost non existent familiarity with old school death metal to firmly believe this, considering how different the styles are. There are a lot of reasons to not like Mastadon. Good Metal =/= mean riffs and loud vocals.

Classic "omg you don't like my fav band so you're a jerk and a bad person!" routine from usually a teenager who has been conditioned to believe that their personality/identity is actually tied into the music they listen to, and therefore an assault on said music is an assault on them. Surprising to see someone I semi-respect like Golbez sink to such depths. Golbez, you're outwardly the semblance of a smart person, therefore you'll get no passes for not catching the quite obvious sarcasm about my "elite" tastes. Knock it the fuck off.

I find it strange when pop music or people with pseudo underground VH1 tastes actually believe not liking whatever billboard genre they identity with is actually a contrivance to be different.

"You don't like the status quo? You must be a tryhard!"

Pathetic. Go on pretending Nickelback, Tim McGraw, and Lady Gaga are actually not really the same genre with aesthetic flourishes to tell them apart all you like.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 1:38 pm

GolbeZ wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
wolf thinks he is an epic viking going on a crusade with music.

he reminds me of when I was 15 years old and there were kids who listened to music to be cool.. "im so underground and yours is corporate fed shit"

He is a wannabe music snob.

All of those kids listened to commercial music. Every kid in this universe you're describing.

Commercial music isn't an inherent bad thing either. Slayer released some albums on def jam or some shit in the 80s produced by Rick Ruban that are just classics.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 1:39 pm

Oh ya now I remember what Golbez deal is. He likes all this indie hipster stuff. Ya no wonder he lashed out at me. Sorry golbez, different strokes for different folks. Funny though how hipsters can't handle criticism of their music.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 6:18 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Oh ya now I remember what Golbez deal is. He likes all this indie hipster stuff. Ya no wonder he lashed out at me. Sorry golbez, different strokes for different folks. Funny though how hipsters can't handle criticism of their music.

lol you have no clue who or what I like.. and you would still have no clue of who or what i like even if I told you the names of the bands.. you don't even know what genres to call music.. "OH SOUNDS LIKE EMO PUSSY SHIT" .. does that make you sound badass when you say that? or retarded that you can't label songs/music in their proper genre.. I have heard people who listen to kenny chesney and never been to a concert before use that same zinger.. You try to come off as a music snob but you limit yourself .. which makes your opinions of everything but maybe a couple genres completely irrelevant .. I respect your musical taste (to each their own), but I don't respect your musical opinion because it is biased, wrong, and arrogant somehow (<- which is funny)

Last edited by GolbeZ on Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 6:33 pm

4/10 ou.

Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 6:34 pm

Its not just with music but everything. Wolf just likes to take the side that no one else is taking because he thinks it makes him look cool and a non conformist. To compare the music I listed with lady gaga is beyond funny.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 6:46 pm

Thomasdrrn09 wrote:
Wolf just likes to take the side that no one else is taking

he is actually taking the side of the masses here .. what are you talking about?

Last edited by GolbeZ on Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 6:51 pm

GolbeZ wrote:
Thomasdrrn09 wrote:

he is actually taking the side of the masses here .. what are you talking about?

Not really he is criticizing every single music genre as being the same if it is not 70 European metal. I don't know many people who have that stance.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Thomasdrrn09 wrote:
GolbeZ wrote:
Thomasdrrn09 wrote:

Not really he is criticizing every single music genre as being the same if it is not 70 European metal. I don't know many people who have that stance.

I don't know what I was getting at with that one actually...
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 8:05 pm

The masses think hipster garbage is cool. All that shit thinks its different than mainstream music but it really isn't. Holds up the same inherent values. There is no different in the moral lesson or intent of a John Mellencamp song than in that indie stuff. You don't know what I like either. It is a totally fallacy to assume your music is so good that anyone who actually heard it would appreciate it, which is what you're doing. I no longer do that with metal, I realize most won't get/like the disgusting face of society.

I can respect Indie slightly more than I can other genres, but a lot of this fanbase has started to get into extreme metal and pollute it with really shitty bands too. That might be part of it.

Also hipsters calling others snobs is kind of freeing for them, since those accusations are lobbed at them constantly.

Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 10:10 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
So because I don't like faggy ass commercial pseudo metal Mastadon now I am a hipster? You'd have to have an almost non existent familiarity with old school death metal to firmly believe this, considering how different the styles are. There are a lot of reasons to not like Mastadon. Good Metal =/= mean riffs and loud vocals.

Classic "omg you don't like my fav band so you're a jerk and a bad person!" routine from usually a teenager who has been conditioned to believe that their personality/identity is actually tied into the music they listen to, and therefore an assault on said music is an assault on them. Surprising to see someone I semi-respect like Golbez sink to such depths. Golbez, you're outwardly the semblance of a smart person, therefore you'll get no passes for not catching the quite obvious sarcasm about my "elite" tastes. Knock it the fuck off.

I find it strange when pop music or people with pseudo underground VH1 tastes actually believe not liking whatever billboard genre they identity with is actually a contrivance to be different.

"You don't like the status quo? You must be a tryhard!"

Pathetic. Go on pretending Nickelback, Tim McGraw, and Lady Gaga are actually not really the same genre with aesthetic flourishes to tell them apart all you like.

You do realize there are different genres of metal right? Mastodon isn't pseudo-anything, they're a progressive metal band and a damn good one at that. There has never been one attempt by them in any song to be a death metal band. I don't know why you think that every metal group that isn't balls to the wall death metal is some kind of fake shit. It would be a pretty stale genre if that's all it had to offer. Mastodon is much more similar to Tool than they are to anybody of that sort
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 10:47 pm

Bobbitt you must not pay attention to my tastes in music very much. I don't like 90% of death metal even. In fact I am probably the least compatible in tastes with casual metalheads. Mastadon indeed has more in common with tool than they do with metal. Therein, lies the problem!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 4:45 pm

My fav smoking song
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 4:46 pm

OU wrote:
My fav smoking song

10/10
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 4:56 pm

7 out of 10 for bun b

Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 5:04 pm

5/10 for the marley, best thing posted so far in the thread besides my taste of course. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rate the song above you.
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next